THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Resurrecting the Dias 1850

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
egorey
The Duck of Death
egorey

Resurrecting the Dias 1850  Empty
PostSubject: Resurrecting the Dias 1850    Resurrecting the Dias 1850  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30 2014, 03:43

I have not revisted my dias list since late 6th edition. But the dias is a very good fit in 7ed. It is a fire magnet but it is also very hard to take out. AV13 and jink have made it tough. After all you just want to get Vect into combat. Now I stole Brom's Fuegan unit to have a second fast hammer. It is two tough ICs that must be dealt with.

- Pimp Daddy Vect and His Ride  -

Asdrubael Vect
Haemonculus Ancient Liquifier Gun Crucible of Malediction
7 Wyches Haywire Hekatrix PGL
Dias of Destruction Dark Lances  
- 666 -

Fuegan
Haemonculus Venom Blade Vexator Mask
3 Grotesques Liquifier Gun Abberration Flesh Gauntlet
Raider Disintegrators  Nightshields TGL
- 550 -

2x 5 Warriors Blaster
2x Raider Disintegrators Nightshields TGL
- 270 -

2x 3 Windrider Jetbikes Shuriken Cannon
- 122 -

2 Ravager Disintegrators Nightshields TGL
- 240 -

So six skimmers in the list. Lots of AT. Nine OS troops for maelstorm. Tons of mobility. Now my old dias list did well and I think this list will do quite well also. I know the dias is overlooked and powerful - I've tested  it enough in 6ed. Now in 7ed it only got better. It can even take upgrades now so nightshields everywhere.

And before everyone says tantalus - yes the tantalus is great. But I have a dias on my shelf. It is the best Vect delivery system I know. And Vect is our best HQ IMHO, an absolute beast in cc. I don't kno another HQ capable of taking down MCs, ICs etc. as well in the DE list - do you?

Rock.

Last edited by egorey on Fri Aug 08 2014, 06:58; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Brom
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Resurrecting the Dias 1850    Resurrecting the Dias 1850  I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31 2014, 17:01

Nice list Duck!
I am not sure how I feel about upgrading the dias but if its cool where you play then I have a suggestion.. get torment GLs. I've been running them on all my boats, which is only 3-4.

I don't think many people have keyed into this (I didn't until recently) but the FAQ changed the wording from moral to leadership tests on the TGL.. i.e. fearless and daemons still test! Great way to stop an invisible hound unit from wrecking your ravagers, same for boyz. With jink I take these over FFs. Just a fringe bennie on top of -1 Ld bubbles.

Anyway moving on.. the wrack unit really feels out of place here. Honestly I haven't been able to get wracks to perform. Every time I use them I find myself wishing they had guns or grenades, plus they mess with the whole fleet feeling you have going on. So, my input would be to lose these guys for something else:

-either a more focused anti infantry unit like splinterborn; a more utility unit like swooping hawks
OR
-lose them altogether and get a haemonculus for FNP and a few upgrades for vects squad and then some TGLs.

Thats what I got.
Back to top Go down
egorey
The Duck of Death
egorey

PostSubject: Re: Resurrecting the Dias 1850    Resurrecting the Dias 1850  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 01 2014, 00:22

Edited as per your instructions, lol.

Rock.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resurrecting the Dias 1850    Resurrecting the Dias 1850  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Resurrecting the Dias 1850
Page 1 of 1