THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Question regarding Archon+court-can they join another unit , then use 1 transport?

Go down 
+4
Squidmaster
Mr Believer
Count Adhemar
Archon Rievect
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Archon Rievect
Kabalite Warrior
Archon Rievect

Question regarding Archon+court-can they join another unit , then use 1 transport? Empty
PostSubject: Question regarding Archon+court-can they join another unit , then use 1 transport?   Question regarding Archon+court-can they join another unit , then use 1 transport? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07 2014, 08:55

Greetings o' knowledgeable dark kin, I have a couple questions-

If you run an Archon+court , can they join another unit as though the archon was solo(SINCE the court takes no slots) and use a single transport such as tantalus and have the lhamaean's master of poison rule make all the trueborn or warrior splinter weapons now 2+ poisoned instead of 4+?? Looking forward to tossing out up to 30-50 2+poison shots and 12 disi shots per turn.

WHEN IN HELL will they make reavers T4 and 3+ save like an eldar bike.
Likewise, why are not wyche ccw poisoned 4+?!?!?!

ENOUGH for now....back to drooling over Lady Malys and her evil deadly beauty... Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Question regarding Archon+court-can they join another unit , then use 1 transport? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question regarding Archon+court-can they join another unit , then use 1 transport?   Question regarding Archon+court-can they join another unit , then use 1 transport? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07 2014, 09:39

Archon Rievect wrote:
If you run an Archon+court , can they join another unit as though the archon was solo(SINCE the court takes no slots)

No. The Court is still a unit. It's just one that does not take up a FOC slot.

Back to top Go down
Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding Archon+court-can they join another unit , then use 1 transport?   Question regarding Archon+court-can they join another unit , then use 1 transport? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07 2014, 10:20

You'd only be able to do it if every model in the court had the independent character special rule, and since they don't, you can't. More's the pity.

Archon Rievect wrote:

WHEN IN HELL will they make reavers T4 and 3+ save like an eldar bike.
Likewise, why are not wyche ccw poisoned 4+?!?!?!

Someone said (on here maybe) that the Reaver jetbike offers considerably less protection than the Windrider one because Reavers have a tendency to punch massive holes through the body work to make their bikes look cool and so they make scary noises as the air flows over them. That's a suitable explanation to me! And they already are toughness 4, you count the bracketed number as their actual toughness in every instance where it occurs. The question should probably really be "Why did they give Windrider jetbikes a 3+ armour save?" seeing as that seems much harder to justify to me than giving Reavers a 5+...
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding Archon+court-can they join another unit , then use 1 transport?   Question regarding Archon+court-can they join another unit , then use 1 transport? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07 2014, 10:33

Just to throw a starngely shaped spanner into some works.....

It doesn't actually say in the Codex that when you take a Court of the Archon, that the Archon has to join the Court. They are NOT a retinue unit bought to join the archon. They are a separate unit the Archon CAN join if they so wish, but can choose to leave if they so desire it.

(You still couldn't get Archon, plus Court, plus another unit on the same transports (unless said unit(s) were solo Haemonculi) but you can run things separately)
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding Archon+court-can they join another unit , then use 1 transport?   Question regarding Archon+court-can they join another unit , then use 1 transport? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07 2014, 10:45

I'm not sure there are any retinue-type units left in the game now. Everything is simply a unit in its own right or is split off to join other units (like Warlocks or Necron Lords).
Back to top Go down
thesaltedwound
Sybarite
thesaltedwound

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding Archon+court-can they join another unit , then use 1 transport?   Question regarding Archon+court-can they join another unit , then use 1 transport? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07 2014, 14:20

I think the reaver thing comes down to a tradeoff between aggressiveness and durability. We've got the bladevane and the caltrops, etc, which totally makes up for a lesser save for me. Especially with jinking, since I almost never use them for shooting anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://Www.bakeframes.bigcartel.com
Archon Rievect
Kabalite Warrior
Archon Rievect

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding Archon+court-can they join another unit , then use 1 transport?   Question regarding Archon+court-can they join another unit , then use 1 transport? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07 2014, 22:07

Hmmmm, thank you for the input fellow Denizens... I was just trying to find out if there was any way to get poisoned weapons to 2+ using the Lhamaeans rule ,for a large unit vs just the Archon and the Lhamaean(s).... but I guess the only way to improve it would be to run the Duke and get 3+ poison...

Another issue... anyone hear if they will be updating the Wyches to make the CCW's Poisoned4+ at least? It would make sense given their back story.. right now they suck in CC..well my dice rolls probably do not help but needing 5's to wound anything higher than IG,grots, etc and do not get me going on Monsters.....

Trying to get the 'Kabal of Iron Thorn Avenged' organized is proving a bit more daunting than at first expected...
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding Archon+court-can they join another unit , then use 1 transport?   Question regarding Archon+court-can they join another unit , then use 1 transport? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07 2014, 22:12

Can we move discussion of potential rules changes, forthcoming codexes etc to the appropriate forum please and keep this one for actual rules queries. Thanks - Count Adhemar
Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding Archon+court-can they join another unit , then use 1 transport?   Question regarding Archon+court-can they join another unit , then use 1 transport? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08 2014, 05:02

On a similar tangent, even though the wording in the codex is "...Archon she belongs to", if say, Urien joins the group does he get the Lhameans poison buff?
Back to top Go down
Unorthodoxy
Beating A Different Drummer
Unorthodoxy

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding Archon+court-can they join another unit , then use 1 transport?   Question regarding Archon+court-can they join another unit , then use 1 transport? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08 2014, 05:38

Yes any archon gains the poison buff.
Back to top Go down
http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com/
Archon Rievect
Kabalite Warrior
Archon Rievect

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding Archon+court-can they join another unit , then use 1 transport?   Question regarding Archon+court-can they join another unit , then use 1 transport? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08 2014, 09:00

Sorry my query strayed from my original post...... started out as a legit rules question...... back on track...... Rolling Eyes Neutral 
I guess my questions have been answered ,any others will be re asked in another thread in the appropriate section............

Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding Archon+court-can they join another unit , then use 1 transport?   Question regarding Archon+court-can they join another unit , then use 1 transport? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08 2014, 09:15

1++ wrote:
On a similar tangent, even though the wording in the codex is "...Archon she belongs to", if say, Urien joins the group does he get the Lhameans poison buff?

No. Urien is not an Archon. Vect and Malys would get the buff, as would a normal Archon but not Urien.
Back to top Go down
Barrywise
Wych
Barrywise

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding Archon+court-can they join another unit , then use 1 transport?   Question regarding Archon+court-can they join another unit , then use 1 transport? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 09 2014, 06:05

So let's say that you do end up taking The Court with 3 Ssylth, 2 Medusae, 1 Ur-Ghul and 1 Lhamaean and get them a Raider dedicated transport and you stick Urien in for fun. you have 4 T3 and 4 T5 which toughness do you go with? and also 3 Liquifiers lol. Might worth taking Vect to get this in the Dias but you'd need another Haemi to get to 9 models with Vect
Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding Archon+court-can they join another unit , then use 1 transport?   Question regarding Archon+court-can they join another unit , then use 1 transport? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 09 2014, 22:00

Barrywise wrote:
So let's say that you do end up taking The Court with 3 Ssylth, 2 Medusae, 1 Ur-Ghul and 1 Lhamaean and get them a Raider dedicated transport and you stick Urien in for fun. you have 4 T3 and 4 T5 which toughness do you go with?

This.rule is covered in the Shooting Phase under "Multiple Toughness Values"
Back to top Go down
Barrywise
Wych
Barrywise

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding Archon+court-can they join another unit , then use 1 transport?   Question regarding Archon+court-can they join another unit , then use 1 transport? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 09 2014, 22:07

Ah, so it is. My bad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding Archon+court-can they join another unit , then use 1 transport?   Question regarding Archon+court-can they join another unit , then use 1 transport? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question regarding Archon+court-can they join another unit , then use 1 transport?
Page 1 of 1