THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Reavers, tips & tricks

Go down 
+16
Bleaksoul Brethren
aurynn
PainReaver
@miral
Azdrubael
Dat_Other_Guy
Nightwolf
Panic_Puppet
Erebus
merse24
Count Adhemar
1++
thesaltedwound
Barrywise
The Red
Snorri
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Snorri
Hellion
Snorri

Reavers, tips & tricks - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reavers, tips & tricks   Reavers, tips & tricks - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15 2014, 16:33

Really thanks guys for all the support Smile by the way tonight I'm having the rematch with Tyr

Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: Reavers, tips & tricks   Reavers, tips & tricks - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17 2014, 09:21

Remember they dont give a damn about invisible units, which seems popular now.

@miral
Kabalite Warrior
@miral

PostSubject: Re: Reavers, tips & tricks   Reavers, tips & tricks - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18 2014, 11:07

Dat_Other_Guy wrote:
... AC with Power Weapon....
I havn't tried this out yet, but I thought about reavers with blasters or HL and an AC with Power-Maul to crack Tanks with combined shooting and CC. I wanted to play them in a Sliscus List and maybe give them a Homounculus in the first turn- high chance of strength +1/furious charge. +1 attack also helps Smile
Back to top Go down
Dat_Other_Guy
Hellion
Dat_Other_Guy

PostSubject: Re: Reavers, tips & tricks   Reavers, tips & tricks - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19 2014, 16:14

@miral wrote:
Dat_Other_Guy wrote:
... AC with Power Weapon....
I havn't tried this out yet, but I thought about reavers with blasters or HL and an AC with Power-Maul to crack Tanks with combined shooting and CC. I wanted to play them in a Sliscus List and maybe give them a Homounculus in the first turn- high chance of strength +1/furious charge. +1 attack also helps Smile

Now keep in mind youll be wide open and near the enemy, unless you need that vehicle down, or the unit is doomed anyway, dont, be patient and pounce like a lion Smile Think The Slingshot Tactic, kill without retaliation Wink
Back to top Go down
PainReaver
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Reavers, tips & tricks   Reavers, tips & tricks - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03 2014, 09:04

What's better, adaptable 6 or 9 with 3 ccs?
Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Reavers, tips & tricks   Reavers, tips & tricks - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03 2014, 11:09

awww... 3 flyers, not fair. :-D
Back to top Go down
Bleaksoul Brethren
Sybarite
Bleaksoul Brethren

PostSubject: Re: Reavers, tips & tricks   Reavers, tips & tricks - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03 2014, 18:23

Can reavers vector strike monstrous creatures when the are flying?
Back to top Go down
Erebus
HTMLaemonculus
Erebus

PostSubject: Re: Reavers, tips & tricks   Reavers, tips & tricks - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03 2014, 18:36

Reavers don't have Vector Strike, so no. Do you mean to ask if Reavers can Bladevane a FMC? Because that's a grey area, though general consensus seems to be yes.

Hellion
Korwey

PostSubject: Re: Reavers, tips & tricks   Reavers, tips & tricks - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03 2014, 20:40

Target of bladevaning must be non-vehicle, unengaged. I can't find anything in the codex/FAQ/Rules book about FMC being untargetable by this attack.
Back to top Go down
Hijallo
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Reavers, tips & tricks   Reavers, tips & tricks - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03 2014, 23:01

In the new edition, i haven't found anything in terms of "stuff that hits automatically cannot target flyers".

Btw, Reavers seem like a perfect Invisibility-killer.
Back to top Go down
Erebus
HTMLaemonculus
Erebus

PostSubject: Re: Reavers, tips & tricks   Reavers, tips & tricks - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03 2014, 23:03

Exactly. Technically, Bladevane attacks aren't even targetted - you mark a start and end point, and chose an unengaged, non-vehicle unit under that line. FMC cannot be hit by template, blast or large blast, but the Bladevane line isn't any of those. Jetbikes can move over all models and terrain freely, meaning they're able to get above the FMC to do the attack.

So, Reavers can Bladevane FMCs, but they won't have to take grounding tests since it's not shooting. Scratch that, just reread that grounding tests are done on unsaved wounds in any phase, so have at it.

Sybarite
Bleaksoul Brethren

PostSubject: Re: Reavers, tips & tricks   Reavers, tips & tricks - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04 2014, 00:03

Awesome! I've been going against a nid player with 3-4 flying monstrous creatures which are a pain to hit. 9 reavers with 3 Caltrops will put 7 wounds on one t6 monster.
Back to top Go down
Hijallo
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Reavers, tips & tricks   Reavers, tips & tricks - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04 2014, 01:02

You can take a Razorwing with Splinter Cannon and Dissies. Those are quite good at shooting turkeys down. Default missiles can be used for cleansing ground from bugs once FMC's are done.

Or may be ally with Eldar for some re-rolls on your Lances and Cannons.
Back to top Go down
lelith
Sybarite
lelith

PostSubject: Re: Reavers, tips & tricks   Reavers, tips & tricks - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04 2014, 08:50

Small tip. Do not bring Reaver Jetbikes vs Dark Reapers. Their S5 AP3 basic weapon ignores Jink cover save. A 5-man squad (even without Exarch) would erase four reavers and make you cry.

Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: Reavers, tips & tricks   Reavers, tips & tricks - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04 2014, 08:54

lelith wrote:
Small tip. Do not bring Reaver Jetbikes vs Dark Reapers. Their S5 AP3 basic weapon ignores Jink cover save. A 5-man squad (even without Exarch) would erase four reavers and make you cry.

You still get normal cover plus possible FNP. Wave Serpents are more scary.

ETC 2015 Captain, Eldar/DE (10th)
Painting blog
Back to top Go down
lelith
Sybarite
lelith

PostSubject: Re: Reavers, tips & tricks   Reavers, tips & tricks - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04 2014, 09:18

Oh yes, you're totally right. I forgot to mention the Serpent Shield.

Bleaksoul Brethren
Sybarite
Bleaksoul Brethren

PostSubject: Re: Reavers, tips & tricks   Reavers, tips & tricks - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04 2014, 20:04

Does the reaver bladevane count as a shooting attack in terms of jinking? Example; if I bladevane a nurgle daemon prince can he jink it? The jink rule says they have the option to jink if it's selected as a target for a shooting attack.
Back to top Go down
thesaltedwound
Sybarite
thesaltedwound

PostSubject: Re: Reavers, tips & tricks   Reavers, tips & tricks - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04 2014, 20:32

Bleaksoul Brethren wrote:
Does the reaver bladevane count as a shooting attack in terms of jinking? Example; if I bladevane a nurgle daemon prince can he jink it? The jink rule says they have the option to jink if it's selected as a target for a shooting attack.

Nope. It's just something that happens in the shooting phase. The reavers turbo-boost specifically instead of shooting, and the bladevane attack is just a side effect of that.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reavers, tips & tricks   Reavers, tips & tricks - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reavers, tips & tricks
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-
Jump to: