THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Reavers, tips & tricks

Go down 
+16
Bleaksoul Brethren
aurynn
PainReaver
@miral
Azdrubael
Dat_Other_Guy
Nightwolf
Panic_Puppet
Erebus
merse24
Count Adhemar
1++
thesaltedwound
Barrywise
The Red
Snorri
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Snorri
Hellion
Snorri

Reavers, tips & tricks Empty
PostSubject: Reavers, tips & tricks   Reavers, tips & tricks I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 10 2014, 07:49

Hi forum

After reading the amazing Plastikente's Guide, I'm looking for more tips & tricks with reavers. In terms of competitivity are a good choice?
Back to top Go down
The Red
Slave
The Red

PostSubject: Re: Reavers, tips & tricks   Reavers, tips & tricks I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12 2014, 00:27

Remember they're relentless and can move 2 d6 in the assault which gives you interesting shooting options
Back to top Go down
Barrywise
Wych
Barrywise

PostSubject: Re: Reavers, tips & tricks   Reavers, tips & tricks I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12 2014, 02:46

Arguably the most competitive unit in the codex because of their increased toughness from the bikes, jink saves, blade vanes, special weapon choices, ability to move 36" to contest objectives and anything else you can think of. So they can attack and get away without retaliation, they can late game contest and if you're up to it they can handily finish off a unit with 2 poison shots, a HoW hit and then 3 attacks on the charge. So they can pretty much kill anything and everything and are one of the most durable units we have.

tl:dr. Very Competitive
Back to top Go down
thesaltedwound
Sybarite
thesaltedwound

PostSubject: Re: Reavers, tips & tricks   Reavers, tips & tricks I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12 2014, 03:27

Read all of Mushkilla's battle reports. Guy knows all the reaver stunts. I've heard he can make them backflip.
Back to top Go down
http://Www.bakeframes.bigcartel.com
Snorri
Hellion
Snorri

PostSubject: Re: Reavers, tips & tricks   Reavers, tips & tricks I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12 2014, 07:14

Hehe thanks guys got it! writing a list with few bikes
Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Reavers, tips & tricks   Reavers, tips & tricks I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12 2014, 08:37

All of the above, as well as jump-shoot-jump when shooting and the big one, skilled rider! 3+ in ruins (2+ if you roll Stealth(ruins) Warlord result) and ignoring dangerous test without having to Jink is pretty sweet if u ask me

Just kill all the marker lighters and avoid the Ignores Cover/Template weapons on the way in

Edit: don't forget the massive redeployment option available too....

Last edited by 1++ on Tue Aug 12 2014, 11:13; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Snorri
Hellion
Snorri

PostSubject: Re: Reavers, tips & tricks   Reavers, tips & tricks I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12 2014, 09:29

This is something I haven't understood...how they can get 3+ cover?
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Reavers, tips & tricks   Reavers, tips & tricks I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12 2014, 09:31

Snorri wrote:
This is something I haven't understood...how they can get 3+ cover?

Jink gives 4+ now and Skilled Rider improves that by 1 for a 3+ save.
Back to top Go down
Snorri
Hellion
Snorri

PostSubject: Re: Reavers, tips & tricks   Reavers, tips & tricks I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12 2014, 09:48

ok thanks Smile well actually I didn't know bikes were so good...really I need to re-write my list for tonight. Gonna face Tyranids
Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Reavers, tips & tricks   Reavers, tips & tricks I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12 2014, 11:17

If you want a bit more variety/flexibility and if you plan on taking Reavers in squads of 6 or 10 then think about mixing Heat Lances with Blasters. 9 Reavers, 1 HL, 2 Blasters gives you far more flexibility when killing multi wound T4, MCs and Tanks alike.

Good luck against those 'nids. Let us know how the game goes! (...don't forget to Bladevane his FMCs too ...)
Back to top Go down
Snorri
Hellion
Snorri

PostSubject: Re: Reavers, tips & tricks   Reavers, tips & tricks I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12 2014, 12:29

Mmm prolly 3x3 instead of 9x1 would be better? Anyway tonight I'll use a different list (Squidmaster helped me).
I'm expecting an epic defeat since it's my true first match in 40k...and I'm playing against a skilled and experienced Tyr player
Back to top Go down
Barrywise
Wych
Barrywise

PostSubject: Re: Reavers, tips & tricks   Reavers, tips & tricks I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12 2014, 15:33

You got this, we believe in you!
Back to top Go down
Snorri
Hellion
Snorri

PostSubject: Re: Reavers, tips & tricks   Reavers, tips & tricks I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12 2014, 15:58

We'll see...if I have to lose, well he'll celebrate my defeat covered by the blood of his own tyranids
Back to top Go down
thesaltedwound
Sybarite
thesaltedwound

PostSubject: Re: Reavers, tips & tricks   Reavers, tips & tricks I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12 2014, 16:37

Oh yeah, don't forget, amidst all this shooty possibility, that bladevanes are a crazy-good option against certain things. My reavers never leave home without caltrops - D6 S6 (x2, in a big enough pack!) wreaks havoc on little 'nids, mon-keigh... everything! And that's besides all the regular S3 hits.
Back to top Go down
http://Www.bakeframes.bigcartel.com
Snorri
Hellion
Snorri

PostSubject: Re: Reavers, tips & tricks   Reavers, tips & tricks I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12 2014, 17:07

well I'm writing the list right now, put:
3 Reavers: heat lance, cluster caltrops
3 Reavers: blaster, cluster caltrops
3 Reavers: blaster, cluster caltrops
mixing your tips.
I'm quite a noob but I think 3 units, even if smaller, working together could perform like a big 1 of 9 but with a lil bit more tactical flexibility...feel free to correct me please. Playing with WE in fantasy taught me the strenght and flexibility of small units, dunno if it's the same with DE or generally speaking in 40k.
Back to top Go down
merse24
Kabalite Warrior
merse24

PostSubject: Re: Reavers, tips & tricks   Reavers, tips & tricks I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12 2014, 17:27

One thing to always be mindful of... it is very easy to make the mistake of rushing these guys up the board too fast and getting them in harms way. I always keep them back and wait for the opponent to get spread out before send them in. I try my hardest not to make them a suicide squad, which they can turn into very quickly if you are not patient.
Back to top Go down
Snorri
Hellion
Snorri

PostSubject: Re: Reavers, tips & tricks   Reavers, tips & tricks I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13 2014, 09:20

Brutalized...as expected. Match ended at 3rd turn, I've deployed too much closed and he prevented me from moving.
Back to top Go down
Barrywise
Wych
Barrywise

PostSubject: Re: Reavers, tips & tricks   Reavers, tips & tricks I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13 2014, 13:50

Heh heh. Sounds like you learned the hard way. Maybe keep a couple of reserves next time. It helps you realize that you neeeeed to deploy in cover if you're not going first
Back to top Go down
Erebus
HTMLaemonculus
Erebus

PostSubject: Re: Reavers, tips & tricks   Reavers, tips & tricks I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13 2014, 15:32

How exactly did he prevent you from moving? Unless your opponent rolled a bunch of Immobilised/Pinned results, our stuff flies, so just skim over it.
Back to top Go down
Snorri
Hellion
Snorri

PostSubject: Re: Reavers, tips & tricks   Reavers, tips & tricks I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13 2014, 16:30

Well with 3 flying with templates on first turn (he got initiative) destroyed 1 raider, 2 venoms and immobilized 1 ravager. I managed to figure out how to get out of that crappy situation but on second turn I had to give up.
Deployed too close and too forward...
Barrywise the hard way is the only teaching method to learn how to play in my game club; I've learnt to play WHFB, I'll learn how to play in WH40k.
We planned a rematch
Back to top Go down
Panic_Puppet
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Reavers, tips & tricks   Reavers, tips & tricks I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13 2014, 17:18

Paging Mushkilla. Mushkilla to the Reaver thread....that's Mushkilla to the Reaver thread... thank you.

In honestly, they're pretty good as a harassment unit. Bladevaning means they don't actually need to stop to shoot or assault things, the 3+ cover save is nice, and T4 is golden. Also make for nice little objective-pinchers or linebreaker units.
Back to top Go down
Snorri
Hellion
Snorri

PostSubject: Re: Reavers, tips & tricks   Reavers, tips & tricks I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13 2014, 17:31

Mmm think could work a first wave of reavers followed by a second of incubi...that's a lot of pain.
Panic_Puppet I'm studying your BRs, they are really well done!
Back to top Go down
Nightwolf
Slave
Nightwolf

PostSubject: Re: Reavers, tips & tricks   Reavers, tips & tricks I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 14 2014, 20:28

I use my reavers in teams of six with two heat lances and two cluster caltrops. I love them to death. With decent positioning you can defeat an opponent almost using reavers alone. Especially if the board has some decent LOS blocking terrain and you can get into the enemy backfield. They can wreak havoc as they snipe out heavy weapon teams, harass tanks with heat lances, or thin horde units.
Back to top Go down
Panic_Puppet
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Reavers, tips & tricks   Reavers, tips & tricks I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 14 2014, 23:06

Thanks Snorri! I'm afraid they can't be much use regarding reaver tactics specifically as I only have 3 that came in the battleforce, but on the rare occasions I do use them they're inevitably a pain in the backside for people...
Back to top Go down
Dat_Other_Guy
Hellion
Dat_Other_Guy

PostSubject: Re: Reavers, tips & tricks   Reavers, tips & tricks I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15 2014, 13:41

Honestly, The reason Reaver Jetbikes are so good is that they can change roles whenever you feel like. I run mine in 6 man squads 2 blasters, 2 Caltrops, AC with Power Weapon. Fantastic Distraction Unit / Harrassment Unit. Altough dont take Grav-Talons cause most units we face either are Fearless or the ATSKNF Crap -_-. Altough watch out as they really go down against ignores cover and flamers, Keep your distance or go in for the kill! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reavers, tips & tricks   Reavers, tips & tricks I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reavers, tips & tricks
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next