THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Power from Pain Query and Removed FAQ Entries

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rikev
Slave
Rikev

Power from Pain Query and Removed FAQ Entries Empty
PostSubject: Power from Pain Query and Removed FAQ Entries   Power from Pain Query and Removed FAQ Entries I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17 2014, 23:43

Had an interesting situation come up last night. I fired at Ork artillery with a Venom that took the unit below 25% to trigger a morale test. Lots more units fired at it and the last one firing at the artillery was a squad of Kabalite Warriors. The grots then fled off the board at the end of the phase.

My opponent said the Venom caused the morale test to trigger by taking the artillery squad below 25% so it counts as destroyed and gains the pain token (which is discarded as it is a vehicle and doesn't gain tokens). Is this right or should the last unit firing at the artillery (Warriors) get the token?

Also I ran into a problem where I had a Khorne Lord and a squad of mutants. The mutants died to shooting but the Khorne Lord lived with but a wound left. As the Lord is an IC, does he count as two seperate units and means I should have gained a pain token for killing the mutants? (Then a second when I finish off the Lord). This is mentioned on the forum search but refers to the old FAQ, the relevant entry having been removed for some reason in the 7th Ed FAQ update along with a swathe of other entries.
Back to top Go down
Unorthodoxy
Beating A Different Drummer
Unorthodoxy

PostSubject: Re: Power from Pain Query and Removed FAQ Entries   Power from Pain Query and Removed FAQ Entries I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17 2014, 23:58

Neither.  You have to completely destroy the unit, not cause it to run.  So if it runs off the board, no token. This eliminates the need for silly things like this
Back to top Go down
http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com/
Rikev
Slave
Rikev

PostSubject: Re: Power from Pain Query and Removed FAQ Entries   Power from Pain Query and Removed FAQ Entries I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18 2014, 00:01

Thanks for clearing that one up. Smile

I take it all the old FAQ entries are redacted now? Worries me that they stripped lots of stuff out the FAQ as it is a lot smaller then it used to be. Bring on a Codex update!
Back to top Go down
Panic_Puppet
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Power from Pain Query and Removed FAQ Entries   Power from Pain Query and Removed FAQ Entries I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18 2014, 18:59

You do however get a pain token in the second case, as the mutants and the Khorne lord are two separate units. Meaning that wiping them out as a whole will net you two pain tokens. If, on the other hand, it was something that's bought separately but functions as a unit upgrade (along the lines of a Necron Cryptek), you would only get one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Power from Pain Query and Removed FAQ Entries   Power from Pain Query and Removed FAQ Entries I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Power from Pain Query and Removed FAQ Entries
Page 1 of 1