THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Whatch out for Flamers

Go down 
+6
MyNameDidntFit
Count Adhemar
1++
Ubernoob1
thesaltedwound
Slaanesh
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Slaanesh
Hellion
Slaanesh

Whatch out for Flamers Empty
PostSubject: Whatch out for Flamers   Whatch out for Flamers I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20 2014, 15:31

Just in case this rule passes you by, if a flame template weapon hits your open-topped transports D3 hits are caused to the occupants along with the regular damage to the vehicle. It's just like Flamers in overwatch.

The other day a vet squad had 4 flamers and they scortched my Kabalites in their Venoms...

I saw the rule. Its called ''There is No Escape!'' or something along those lines.
Back to top Go down
thesaltedwound
Sybarite
thesaltedwound

PostSubject: Re: Whatch out for Flamers   Whatch out for Flamers I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20 2014, 15:51

Slaanesh is giving us advice, don't listen guys.

But yeah this is horrible, a hellhound did the same thing to me, killed everyone in the raider.

EDIT: Less likely to happen now, since a HH can't explode a raider, but still. Mind out.
Back to top Go down
http://Www.bakeframes.bigcartel.com
Ubernoob1
Kabalite Warrior
Ubernoob1

PostSubject: Re: Whatch out for Flamers   Whatch out for Flamers I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20 2014, 16:04

Slaanesh wrote:
if a flame template weapon hits your open-topped transports D3 hits are caused to the occupants along with the regular damage to the vehicle.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it's actually a D6 hits not a D3.

thesaltedwound wrote:
EDIT: Less likely to happen now, since a HH can't explode a raider, but still. Mind out.

Why can't a hellhound explode a raider? Open-topped vehicles still give a +1 to the damage chart, so rolling a 6 still gets the 7 needed to explode.
Back to top Go down
Slaanesh
Hellion
Slaanesh

PostSubject: Re: Whatch out for Flamers   Whatch out for Flamers I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20 2014, 19:48

@thesaltedwound: lol youre all starting to catch on!

@uber: holy crap thats right, its even worse than i remembered
Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Whatch out for Flamers   Whatch out for Flamers I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20 2014, 21:50

2 Dreadknights w/ Heavy Incinerator and personal teleporters scare the living hell outta me, and one of my main opponents runs them.

There is no hiding from them. Best to be off the board really. I was going to suggest that we start outside our transport and spread apart to minimize the number of different units under the template but that's even worse; we are Fearless when embarked! Stay onboard people!!

Last edited by 1++ on Wed Aug 20 2014, 21:53; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
thesaltedwound
Sybarite
thesaltedwound

PostSubject: Re: Whatch out for Flamers   Whatch out for Flamers I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20 2014, 21:52

Oh my word I haven't applied the open-topped rule in about the past 5 games I've played and nobody has brought it up, I feel so guilty.

Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Whatch out for Flamers   Whatch out for Flamers I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21 2014, 07:26

My opponents have yet to catch on to this change and I certainly don't feel any urge to bring it to their attention! Not that I've been cheating at all. They simply haven't used any template weapons against my transports.

MyNameDidntFit
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Whatch out for Flamers   Whatch out for Flamers I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21 2014, 10:50

I had a squad of 5 Flamers of Tzeentch Deep Strike next to one of my Venoms a few weeks ago. Sufficed to say that the 4 Trueborn inside did not survive the 5d6 hits Sad

Wych

PostSubject: Re: Whatch out for Flamers   Whatch out for Flamers I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21 2014, 17:22

Pro tip: bring a D10 to games. Unless you run absolutely no upgrades on the contents chances are you're going to have a character or special weapon in them somewhere, which plays merry hell with randomising the hits.

Slave
Rikev

PostSubject: Re: Whatch out for Flamers   Whatch out for Flamers I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21 2014, 18:54

I have a friend who runs Mayhem Pack, having three dreadnoughts some of which have Heavy Flamers appearing next to you via Deep Strike is never a good sight!
Back to top Go down
Mngwa
Wych
Mngwa

PostSubject: Re: Whatch out for Flamers   Whatch out for Flamers I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21 2014, 20:37

I really dislike the idea of D6 hits instead of a randomized chance of hit per passanger (like... a +4 or +3 per guy to be hit).

3 trueborn in a venom get hit by a flamer = 6 wounds, they all die twice.  scratch 

THE CULT OF THE BURNING LEAF

THE COVEN OF THE HOLLOWED
Back to top Go down
Panic_Puppet
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Whatch out for Flamers   Whatch out for Flamers I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21 2014, 21:27

I think it's just designed to represent the -amount- of flame etc. that gets into the vehicle. A better one might be "The embarked unit suffers d6 automatic hits, up to a maximum of X, where X is the number of models embarked on the transport"

Also, whilst it's on my mind, am I correct in thinking that you can shoot at a unit that you can't hurt? And if you can't, can you fire, say, a liquefier gun at a battlewagon being unable to hurt the target, but able to hurt the contents thanks to No Escape?

Kabalite Warrior
Ubernoob1

PostSubject: Re: Whatch out for Flamers   Whatch out for Flamers I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21 2014, 23:10

Panic_Puppet wrote:
Also, whilst it's on my mind, am I correct in thinking that you can shoot at a unit that you can't hurt? And if you can't, can you fire, say, a liquefier gun at a battlewagon being unable to hurt the target, but able to hurt the contents thanks to No Escape?

As far as I've seen you can use a template weapon on an open topped vehicle that you can't hurt simply to use the No Escape rule. The only thing about not shooting things you can't hurt isn't really a rule, just another "this is perhaps what happens that makes an abstract rule not as strange" where the guys who couldn't hurt something probably don't waste ammo (unless they're orks perhaps), and might be helping out someone else ect.
Back to top Go down
thesaltedwound
Sybarite
thesaltedwound

PostSubject: Re: Whatch out for Flamers   Whatch out for Flamers I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 22 2014, 00:46

Quote :
Pro tip: bring a D10 to games. Unless you run absolutely no upgrades on the contents chances are you're going to have a character or special weapon in them somewhere, which plays merry hell with randomising the hits.

I feel like I'm being thick, but I don't understand this at all. Halp.

And yeah it seems you can shoot at anything as long as your shooting can have -some- effect.

1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Whatch out for Flamers   Whatch out for Flamers I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 22 2014, 01:16

thesaltedwound wrote:
Quote :

I feel like I'm being thick, but I don't understand this at all. Halp.

And yeah it seems you can shoot at anything as long as your shooting can have -some- effect.

The d10 is used to help with random allocation of who dies inside the transport. Say your unit is 10 Warriors and 1 has a Blaster, you would nominate a number as the blaster, so say 1-9 are the warriors, 10 is the blaster and then roll the d10, allocating the wounds accordingly

Sybarite
thesaltedwound

PostSubject: Re: Whatch out for Flamers   Whatch out for Flamers I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 22 2014, 10:08

Oh, word. I was being thick. Good idea!

Timatron
Sybarite
Timatron

PostSubject: Re: Whatch out for Flamers   Whatch out for Flamers I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04 2014, 23:19

And yeah it seems you can shoot at anything as long as your shooting can have -some- effect. [/quote]

So, you can't, for example, pop off the Heavy Stubber from an Imperial Knight at a target you can't possibly hurt, in order to make that target a viable assault target?
I've seen this done a few times, mainly on Miniwargaming.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Whatch out for Flamers   Whatch out for Flamers I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 05 2014, 00:03

I'm not aware of any rules that prevent you from shooting something you can't damage. Anyone got a rules quote to back it up?

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whatch out for Flamers   Whatch out for Flamers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Whatch out for Flamers
Page 1 of 1