THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Planes, flamers, what the heck ?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

Planes, flamers, what the heck ? Empty
PostSubject: Planes, flamers, what the heck ?   Planes, flamers, what the heck ? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 04 2017, 19:22

Hey everyone.
This might be a stupid question, but since planes do not have the "Hover" special rule, i think you have to measure distances from the base. Which means they can be targeted by pistols (okay...) but more importantly, by flamers ?
Also, since flamers don't roll to hit, the Hard to Hit rule is ignored. Which makes flamers one of the best way to deal with flyers...
If this is correct, it's mindblowingly stupid...

Kabalite Warrior
merse24

PostSubject: Re: Planes, flamers, what the heck ?   Planes, flamers, what the heck ? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 04 2017, 19:44

That is correct. It may not be the best way to deal with them though. The speed on flyers is very high, so a component opponent will be able to avoid flamers most of the game.

But to pose an argument against my own statement, you can also advance without penalty when shooting flamers, which will help them tremendously in trying to reach those flyers
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Planes, flamers, what the heck ?   Planes, flamers, what the heck ? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 04 2017, 20:14

It's a shame, though. Flamers were'nt allowed to shoot at flyers in 7th edition, and for very good reasons.
Now they can, and they excell at it (well, if you can get them in range yes)...

Sybarite
Faitherun

PostSubject: Re: Planes, flamers, what the heck ?   Planes, flamers, what the heck ? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 04 2017, 21:15

My fluff justification is that any plane that is going to be zooming over a battlefield is going to be coming down low to make their runs... I'ts not to stretch to imagine that slightly lower flying planes and slightly farther shooting flamers could have a chance to hit.

TBH, I'd like to see auto-hit weapons not auto hit planes, but shoot on an unmodified BS
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Planes, flamers, what the heck ?   Planes, flamers, what the heck ? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 06 2017, 21:48

Fliers in 7th where "High Altitude" now they are more of a higher Skimmer, being 10-30yards off the ground compare to 100yards+, seeing as our current flamers now (and even modified ones) can go 30+ feet, i dont see why 40k cant hit skimmers flying a couple stories high. this is my 0.02c

Some flamers are bad at fliers, but DE doesnt have any of the good flamers, thats Imperial, with that said a Hemlock flamer is good Smile 2D3 S10 -4ap 2D lol.

But there also is quantity over quality. I fought against a BA army with 3 Storm Ravens, Dante and like Sang Guard in the Storm Ravens, My SoB used 8 flamers, i did 6 wounds on a Storm Raven, (32 hits) my Melta guns shot down the other 2 Storm Ravens Smile (I didnt use the flamers to shoot the guys that came out b.c if i can kill all his shooting units he has to charge me, and charging flamers is the same damage as just shooting normally).

DE flamers tho are S3 but we get ap over 0 ap. And can even have -3ap, on a flamer that is very strong.

I would like to see our flamers 1/2 the cost tho....

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Planes, flamers, what the heck ?   Planes, flamers, what the heck ? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Planes, flamers, what the heck ?
Page 1 of 1