THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Bastion Ideas.

Go down 
+4
Squidmaster
Lord_Alino
Count Adhemar
barenone
8 posters
AuthorMessage
barenone
Kabalite Warrior
barenone

Bastion Ideas. Empty
PostSubject: Bastion Ideas.   Bastion Ideas. I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17 2014, 16:26

I am making a custom imperial bastion themed off of Dark Eldar. I have seen conversions and the like but I was looking for advice on one aspect. If I am not mistaken the bastion has 4 heavy bolters? I would want to make my custom Bastion with Dark Eldar weaponry.

My question is what is a fair "people will actually let me play with it" weapon to use in place of the bolters? I am sure everyone and there mother would not let me field something like splinter cannons, Also Splinter Rifles don't seem to equate. Maybe shard carbines? What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Bastion Ideas. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bastion Ideas.   Bastion Ideas. I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17 2014, 16:30

Mod Hat On

Moving this to Discussion as not really rules-related - Count Adhemar

Mod Hat Off

I don't see any reason why a Splinter Cannon would be unreasonable. Same range as Heavy Bolter, more shots but worse AP and S5 vs Poison (4+). Costs 10 points to swap a Bolter to a Heavy Bolter and 10 points to swap a Splinter Rifle to a Splinter Cannon. Seems okay to me.

barenone
Kabalite Warrior
barenone

Bastion Ideas. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bastion Ideas.   Bastion Ideas. I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17 2014, 17:29

ok ill ask around see if anyone at the shop would appose. to the cannon, thanks count.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

Bastion Ideas. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bastion Ideas.   Bastion Ideas. I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17 2014, 21:25

-looks at rule lawyers- AND BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

Bastion Ideas. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bastion Ideas.   Bastion Ideas. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18 2014, 09:27

Personally, my Bastion has custom weapons. Thw weapons (though technically not fully built yet) I'm building weapons that LOOK Dark Eldar, but still follow the rules for Heavy Bolters.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
thesaltedwound
Sybarite
thesaltedwound

Bastion Ideas. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bastion Ideas.   Bastion Ideas. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18 2014, 09:31

I like Squidmaster's idea. Fills the criteria for being dark eldar and a bastion pretty neatly. I guess the only issue is we don't really have a gun that fires like that, so you'd have to come up with some good fluff, if that stuff is important to you.

barenone
Kabalite Warrior
barenone

Bastion Ideas. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bastion Ideas.   Bastion Ideas. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18 2014, 13:56

well what fluff talks about weapons mounted in buildings? mind you i have not read much in the way of de books but that could be useful for fluff if no one knows.
Back to top Go down
Devilogical
Sybarite
Devilogical

Bastion Ideas. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bastion Ideas.   Bastion Ideas. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18 2014, 15:48

Never played with fortifications.
Dark Eldar should always attack! Twisted Evil

Succubus Ariel the Vengefull of the Wych cult Blade Denied to her sister, archon Elieae after the conquering Low Commoragh Dark spire.
Back to top Go down
barenone
Kabalite Warrior
barenone

Bastion Ideas. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bastion Ideas.   Bastion Ideas. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18 2014, 16:12

true but the do need some places for even more torture. and since they like pain you know every building will have a ton of guns and spikes.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

Bastion Ideas. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bastion Ideas.   Bastion Ideas. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18 2014, 22:35

I'm starting to think a DE bastion would be a tower that's uprooted from the ground and floating around on a giant rock.
Back to top Go down
barenone
Kabalite Warrior
barenone

Bastion Ideas. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bastion Ideas.   Bastion Ideas. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 19 2014, 14:06

hmm i could build something like that but how would the door work, it has to be at ground level.
Back to top Go down
thesaltedwound
Sybarite
thesaltedwound

Bastion Ideas. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bastion Ideas.   Bastion Ideas. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 19 2014, 18:48

Grav chute that goes upwards from under the base of the building?

As for explaining the gun, I just mean since we don't tend to have much in the way of solid slug throwers, you might want to come up with an explanation of a S5 AP5 gun (it's obviously not darklight or splinter, so what's it firing?)

Since the new stuff seems to be quite coven-centric, and you mentioned you want to the bastion to be a bit of a torture base, it could be some mad haemo invention? Like maybe it fires hot sharpened Craftworld Eldar thighbones, I dunno.

barenone
Kabalite Warrior
barenone

Bastion Ideas. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bastion Ideas.   Bastion Ideas. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 19 2014, 20:22

I was thinking of things like slaves chained to it, as well as bodies impaled on spikes for decoration, as for the door what about putting a wwp on the base where the door should be, works fluff wise i think. If I do something floating im thinking a lot of chains and hooks hanging from it. Hmm weapon fluff wise.... maybe shooting random things that it brings in from the warp. a piece of a rock or building. a small daemon. stuff like that.
Back to top Go down
thesaltedwound
Sybarite
thesaltedwound

Bastion Ideas. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bastion Ideas.   Bastion Ideas. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 19 2014, 20:53

"A small daemon" I love it. Flinging sulky blue horrors across the battlefield.

Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

Bastion Ideas. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bastion Ideas.   Bastion Ideas. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 19 2014, 21:58

Sudden idea. WWP on base and another on the top of the tower.
Back to top Go down
Klaivex Charondyr
Wych
Klaivex Charondyr

Bastion Ideas. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bastion Ideas.   Bastion Ideas. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 19 2014, 22:19

thesaltedwound wrote:

As for explaining the gun, I just mean since we don't tend to have much in the way of solid slug throwers, you might want to come up with an explanation of a S5 AP5 gun (it's obviously not darklight or splinter, so what's it firing?)

Can still be Splinter with a different kind of poison/acid and larger Shards to deliver causing less shots and better AP (and probably more pain).
Back to top Go down
barenone
Kabalite Warrior
barenone

Bastion Ideas. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bastion Ideas.   Bastion Ideas. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 19 2014, 22:35

only poison you can get away with would be the 4+ which is why the 6 shot splinter cannon was applicable. If you start making custom poison or acids then people will definetly not let me field it
Back to top Go down
CaGeRit
Slave
CaGeRit

Bastion Ideas. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bastion Ideas.   Bastion Ideas. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 19 2014, 22:37

Klaivex Charondyr wrote:
thesaltedwound wrote:

Can still be Splinter with a different kind of poison/acid and larger Shards to deliver causing less shots and better AP (and probably more pain).

Nah, not evil enough. It's an explosive gravity well head chucker. Decapitate enemies. Shove explosive up neck stump. Use grab-tech-snafu to hurl them rapidly at enemies.
It's basically the same concept of a heavy bolter, but evil.

Kabalite Warrior
barenone

Bastion Ideas. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bastion Ideas.   Bastion Ideas. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 19 2014, 22:46

and it fires little blue daemons lol. I think im going to grab a small daemon from my buddy and have it coming out of the barrel just to see what it looks like. Also Lord alino, love the idea man. This is why I posted this. so many good ideas to help me when i cant think of any lol.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

Bastion Ideas. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bastion Ideas.   Bastion Ideas. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20 2014, 00:31

barenone wrote:
and it fires little blue daemons lol. I think im going to grab a small daemon from my buddy and have it coming out of the barrel just to see what it looks like. Also Lord alino, love the idea man. This is why I posted this. so many good ideas to help me when i cant think of any lol.

Thanks, this is probably the first time anyone's ever been helped by me on the forums. -Score 1 for the Lord!-
Back to top Go down
barenone
Kabalite Warrior
barenone

Bastion Ideas. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bastion Ideas.   Bastion Ideas. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20 2014, 02:28

Lol well i have the plane laid out, i am doing a flying platform, it will be supported by sone of the chains and nets it will be dragging, the wwp will be formed between 2 large hooks ( it sounds weird but it works on the drawing)
I will post images as it goes, i use 3d imaging and ill do some etching and cutting on the cnc at work.
If anyone knows a spot i can get stiff hard chains to hang and support it that would be awesome, about 6 inches long. Thanks for all the help guys.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

Bastion Ideas. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bastion Ideas.   Bastion Ideas. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20 2014, 05:05

-ignores posting dirty comments-

If you were to buy regular chains and try something like superglue or such that could work. Don't know if you can get stiff hard chains though.
Back to top Go down
thesaltedwound
Sybarite
thesaltedwound

Bastion Ideas. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bastion Ideas.   Bastion Ideas. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20 2014, 07:16

I know you can get chains where the links have been welded together, so it's inflexible and really just a stick that looks like chain. But I've only ever seen it on a fence type of scale.

Saying that, you could probably just make some if you buy very fine chain and have a soldering iron.

Sponsored content

Bastion Ideas. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bastion Ideas.   Bastion Ideas. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bastion Ideas.
Page 1 of 1