THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Madusae conversion idea?

Go down 
+10
merzbau
Bibitybopitybacon
Dragontree
The_Burning_Eye
Mr Believer
Feuermann
Aeterna
Lord_Alino
flakmonkey
barenone
14 posters
AuthorMessage
barenone
Kabalite Warrior
barenone

Madusae conversion idea? Empty
PostSubject: Madusae conversion idea?   Madusae conversion idea? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01 2014, 21:55

Anyone know of a good model for conversion to a madusae. By themselves they are not pricey but when you wan 4-6 it adds up quick.
Back to top Go down
flakmonkey
Sybarite
flakmonkey

PostSubject: Re: Madusae conversion idea?   Madusae conversion idea? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01 2014, 22:18

As was pointed out on another thread, the Medusae kit comes with 2 heads. So you can buy 3 and just have to grab 3 more bodies to put with the spare heads.

Madusae conversion idea? 8874610

Madusae conversion idea? 004-110

2nd pic by Fanny Crowbar from Warseer(http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?325663-The-Tale-of-40k-Painters-2011-2012-MONTH-4-(NOV-completed-work-amp-DEC-WIP)/page2)

"Whereas the duty of the Imperial Commander is either to seize or defend territory, the Dark Eldar make war only to steal. If, as a by-product of this, the are able to indulge their vile passion for murder, torture and other decadent acts, then they will joyfully do so, but this is not their primary goal"

Last edited by flakmonkey on Wed Oct 01 2014, 22:26; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
barenone
Kabalite Warrior
barenone

PostSubject: Re: Madusae conversion idea?   Madusae conversion idea? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01 2014, 22:25

ohhh clever. Thanks monkey man.
Back to top Go down
flakmonkey
Sybarite
flakmonkey

PostSubject: Re: Madusae conversion idea?   Madusae conversion idea? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01 2014, 22:27

No worries. I threw up 2 pics for you.
I'm having the same dilemma, I need Medusae and Sslyth models stat!

"Whereas the duty of the Imperial Commander is either to seize or defend territory, the Dark Eldar make war only to steal. If, as a by-product of this, the are able to indulge their vile passion for murder, torture and other decadent acts, then they will joyfully do so, but this is not their primary goal"
Back to top Go down
barenone
Kabalite Warrior
barenone

PostSubject: Re: Madusae conversion idea?   Madusae conversion idea? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01 2014, 22:29

sslyth models you can get cheap from d&d and dragonlance models, don't remember the model specifically but i saw them there and they are a pack of 5 for like $10, they have swords and where leather and plate mail Armour. ill try to find them again.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Madusae conversion idea?   Madusae conversion idea? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01 2014, 22:49

barenone wrote:
sslyth models you can get cheap from d&d and dragonlance models, don't remember the model specifically but i saw them there and they are a pack of 5 for like $10, they have swords and where leather and plate mail Armour. ill try to find them again.

Please do, I'd be interested in 5 sslyth for 10 darra
Back to top Go down
Aeterna
Kabalite Warrior
Aeterna

PostSubject: Re: Madusae conversion idea?   Madusae conversion idea? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 02 2014, 01:49

Not sure on scaling but Reaper Models have some good models to use in place of the GW models, downside is they're $8 a model usually, but cheaper than what GW makes at about he same quality.

"Hear our call children of the void, listen to the screams of your brothers and sisters, see the raining ash from your home. Do you have what it takes to stand back up, or will you fall like so many before you."
                                                                                                      -  Zorev Norterus, Archon of the Immortal Eclipse
                Kabal of the Immortal Eclipse | Coven of the Shadow Flesh | Cult of the Black Rage
Back to top Go down
Feuermann
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Madusae conversion idea?   Madusae conversion idea? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 02 2014, 08:26

I was thinking to use some mindflayer models
Back to top Go down
Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

PostSubject: Re: Madusae conversion idea?   Madusae conversion idea? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 02 2014, 09:14

flakmonkey wrote:
As was pointed out on another thread, the Medusae kit comes with 2 heads. So you can buy 3 and just have to grab 3 more bodies to put with the spare heads.

That was me I think Smile Having looked at the new wrack kit, their bodies are probably quite a good option as a base for conversions. So if you're just buying the box to replace liquifier models, like I will be, you can use spare bodies (which already have their arms out to their sides, just ready for chains) with medusae heads, as they have similar looking segmented armour on their chests.
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Madusae conversion idea?   Madusae conversion idea? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 02 2014, 10:33

I'll be sculpting (ok, attempting to sculpt) some alternate sslyth tails, the upper body is fine I think with all the options for using shardcarbine arms from scourges etc, and an alternate angle of the torso should vary things nicely.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Dragontree
Wych
Dragontree

PostSubject: Re: Madusae conversion idea?   Madusae conversion idea? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 02 2014, 10:38

Would any Necron tail-like options work on the bottom of a Sslyth perhaps?

Or even tomb kings from fantasy... Not looked just thinking out-loud...

The_Burning_Eye wrote:
it's the Starsky and Hutch venom! but I'm kinda ok with that
Back to top Go down
flakmonkey
Sybarite
flakmonkey

PostSubject: Re: Madusae conversion idea?   Madusae conversion idea? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 02 2014, 10:41

Credit where it is deserved Believer. It was a great bit of info, I'll be picking up a medusae since hearing it.
The tail of the sslyth is the hardest part I think, the torso is essentially two kabalite torsos combined. Although the head probably won't be easy.
I looked at Reaper miniatures, and they do make snake people, but they'd require some heavy modding.

Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Madusae conversion idea?   Madusae conversion idea? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 02 2014, 10:48

Flakmonkey: just an idea, I've not tried it, but the most difficult part would be the scale pattern - try using an existing slyth tail to press the pattern into a piece of green stuff, should reproduce it fairly easily?

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

PostSubject: Re: Madusae conversion idea?   Madusae conversion idea? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 02 2014, 10:55

The_Burning_Eye wrote:
Flakmonkey: just an idea, I've not tried it, but the most difficult part would be the scale pattern - try using an existing slyth tail to press the pattern into a piece of green stuff, should reproduce it fairly easily?

That could work, provided a less "yellow heavy" mix is used. Maybe you could get a small piece of fine wire mesh, the diamond patterned sort. Cut it into a small band and sort of stencil it. You can always neaten bits up with a sculpting tool or hobby knife. Probably best to work on the tail, then attach a torso to it afterwards to make it easier to work with. And a wire frame with something like Sculpty baked over it might form the best base, rather than trying to work with all green stuff. That way you can line up how you want it to look and fit with the torso, bake it, then sculpt the green stuff scales on top of it.
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Madusae conversion idea?   Madusae conversion idea? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 02 2014, 11:04

Mr Believer wrote:
Maybe you could get a small piece of fine wire mesh, the diamond patterned sort. Cut it into a small band and sort of stencil it. You can always neaten bits up with a sculpting tool or hobby knife.

I like your thinking, once the pattern is on just use a knife to push one edge in to make it '3D'.

I'm off to look at pictures of snakes...

My Club - MAD Wargaming

Back to top Go down
Feuermann
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Madusae conversion idea?   Madusae conversion idea? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 02 2014, 15:12

why not zoidberg (reaper D'khul)?
Madusae conversion idea? 02568
Back to top Go down
Bibitybopitybacon
Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

PostSubject: Re: Madusae conversion idea?   Madusae conversion idea? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 02 2014, 18:27

Hi... think I'm going to use the blood vassals I got and never put together as the poison chicks..
Back to top Go down
merzbau
Hellion
merzbau

PostSubject: Re: Madusae conversion idea?   Madusae conversion idea? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10 2015, 00:16

Great conversion, Flakmonkey! What are the empty-handed arms from? Raider/Ravager gunners, or are they on the standard Warriors sprue?

(Oh, and: hi, everybody! Dark Eldar n00b here; after a 12-year absence from the game, I'm assembling and painting a load of Chaos Space Marines from my last lapse, then starting a small Kabal of the Flayed Skull force.)

(and an edit: doy, didn't see that was reposted from Warseer)
Back to top Go down
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

PostSubject: Re: Madusae conversion idea?   Madusae conversion idea? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10 2015, 07:30

Made my own conversion from a gw wraith kit for my medusae. Mainly used talos parts to convert him with

Madusae conversion idea? A28182ac7bb8105f52a256204b5bd3e0_zps31a495e1

study  My Wargaming blog   cherry  :- Objective Secured
Back to top Go down
http://www.objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk
MarcoAvrelis
Kabalite Warrior
MarcoAvrelis

PostSubject: Re: Madusae conversion idea?   Madusae conversion idea? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10 2015, 15:01

flakmonkey wrote:

Did pretty much the same, but with Imperial Guardsmen bodies, to make it extra clear that the medusae is the parasite and the body's just a slave.
Back to top Go down
Its_Rumble
Sybarite
Its_Rumble

PostSubject: Re: Madusae conversion idea?   Madusae conversion idea? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11 2015, 03:13

These are the best IMO... SOOO close with a free haemonculi to boot.

http://privateerpress.com/warmachine/gallery/mercenaries/units/cephalyx-mind-bender-drudges

Hellion
SweaterKittens

PostSubject: Re: Madusae conversion idea?   Madusae conversion idea? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13 2015, 06:12

I'm using Warmachine Cryx Witch Coven of Garlghast models. You get three for less than 20 bucks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Madusae conversion idea?   Madusae conversion idea? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Madusae conversion idea?
Page 1 of 1