THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

What goes in Venoms?

Go down 
+8
django_unchained
Larndorn
lessthanjeff
Painjunky
aurynn
Black Death
Crazy_Ivan
orestes85
12 posters
AuthorMessage
orestes85
Hellion
orestes85

What goes in Venoms? Empty
PostSubject: What goes in Venoms?   What goes in Venoms? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01 2014, 22:30

I used to play with 3 Venoms with Haywire Wyches. From what Scorpion has revealed, Haywire is going away, which is fair. It was good while it lasted. But now what am I going to put in my Venoms? If their shooting range is now reduced if they move, can't have Night Shields (Stealth now), is not a Raider better in all scenarios?

Sorry if I am being negative, can't help myself, I was born a pessimist.
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Ivan
Wych
Crazy_Ivan

PostSubject: Re: What goes in Venoms?   What goes in Venoms? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01 2014, 22:56

They can still move 12 and shoot both splinter cannon's at full BS.
Can be taken in FA slot without anything riding in them.
I have always had warriors in mine 5 with a blaster, or true born 3 or 4 with blasters.
I used to put my wyches in raiders as venoms wanted to sit back and shoot rather than getting in close.
Back to top Go down
orestes85
Hellion
orestes85

PostSubject: Re: What goes in Venoms?   What goes in Venoms? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 02 2014, 01:12

Raiders are now a better platform for True Born with Blaters. With Night Shields they'll have a 3+ Jink, and 3 Hull Points. And Venoms will now have to be 18" from a target to shoot those 18 shots.
Back to top Go down
Black Death
Sybarite
Black Death

PostSubject: Re: What goes in Venoms?   What goes in Venoms? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 02 2014, 06:49

Good question, seeing as how I have 6 of them. I believe blasterborn, wracks and archon with retinue will be the only way. Incubi possibly.

Wych
Crazy_Ivan

PostSubject: Re: What goes in Venoms?   What goes in Venoms? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 02 2014, 06:57

Salvo weapons when mounted on a vehicle fire as if they were stationary even if they have moved, all vehicles are relentless. P721 and p722 of rule book (on iPad)
Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: What goes in Venoms?   What goes in Venoms? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 02 2014, 07:22

As Ivan says. Venom firepower stays the same.
Back to top Go down
Black Death
Sybarite
Black Death

PostSubject: Re: What goes in Venoms?   What goes in Venoms? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 02 2014, 07:43

With only 2 wargear items available. So, as before, they remain just the same. Still one of the most beautiful models in the game. I am gonna try to use them as before but now they can be taken empty, as a gun boat.

Wych
Painjunky

PostSubject: Re: What goes in Venoms?   What goes in Venoms? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 02 2014, 09:03

Ill probably take some with warriors for cheap extra splinter + obsec.

Some with warriors with a blaster for as above + another AT pot shot.

Some with warriors with, god forbid a shedder? if its worth it maybe? For extra AI + obsec.

Some with trueborn.

Some solo if that's a FA choice?
Back to top Go down
orestes85
Hellion
orestes85

PostSubject: Re: What goes in Venoms?   What goes in Venoms? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 02 2014, 16:21

@Crazy_Ivan, my apologies. What a relief that Salvo weapons don't affect vehicles! Things aren't as bad as they seem.
Back to top Go down
lessthanjeff
Sybarite
lessthanjeff

PostSubject: Re: What goes in Venoms?   What goes in Venoms? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 02 2014, 22:32

This is one of the things I'm most excited about. I always considered the wracks or warriors I put in venoms as a tax for the glory of the transport itself. Now I can field 5 of them for 300ish points. My opponents will hate me and I won't fear templates anymore.
Back to top Go down
Larndorn
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: What goes in Venoms?   What goes in Venoms? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 02 2014, 23:57

Striking Scorpions, Fire Dragons, Howling Banshees (okay 5 Banshees may be to small of a squad to be useful) Heck 5 Dire Avengers in a Venom could be decent anti-infantry shooting, if your Marine/AM/Cron opponent likes using 2+ Save HQs/Squadleaders to soak wounds, use the bladestorm AP2s to cut through those and then use the Venom to hurt whats left
Back to top Go down
django_unchained
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: What goes in Venoms?   What goes in Venoms? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 03 2014, 18:32

I plan on just taking 3 or 4 as fast attack! 70pts for 12 poison shots on an AV mobile platform!
Back to top Go down
Timatron
Sybarite
Timatron

PostSubject: Re: What goes in Venoms?   What goes in Venoms? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 03 2014, 18:45

Can they be squadrons then? Or are you talking about one of the alternative F.O.C's? On a related note, I take it that if you use that, it's not a C.A.D. so no Objective Secured?
Back to top Go down
django_unchained
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: What goes in Venoms?   What goes in Venoms? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 03 2014, 20:09

Well venoms by themselves aren't troops as they are being taken as fast attack slots. So it has nothing to do with not being a combined arms detachment...

Also, there's a formation that gives us 6 fast. All it needs is 1 HQ, 2 troops, and 1 fast and it unlocks another 5 fast attack. For reference, I wrote an army list in the army lists section, you should check it out and give me feedback!

Lastly,

They can't be squadroned.
Back to top Go down
Klaivex Charondyr
Wych
Klaivex Charondyr

PostSubject: Re: What goes in Venoms?   What goes in Venoms? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 03 2014, 21:16

Venoms are Troops if pruchased as Dedicated Transport for a Troop choice.

What goes in Venoms?

Medusae
Incubi
min. squad Kabalites
Blasterborn

Which of our depressingly boring kin could use a ride?

Dark Reaper (Slow and purposeful makes them fire on the move)
Fire Dragons (Deepstike!)

The rest is probably better off in Raiders as you either need more than 5 models or they are bulky.

An Archon + Seer + Incubi could prove nasty, same as 5 Scytheguard or 6+ Scorpions/Banshees with Succubus
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: What goes in Venoms?   What goes in Venoms? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05 2014, 00:24

orestes85 wrote:
Raiders are now a better platform for True Born with Blaters.  With Night Shields they'll have a 3+ Jink, and 3 Hull Points.  And Venoms will now have to be 18" from a target to shoot those 18 shots.

If you jink, the passengers fire snapshots though, right?
Back to top Go down
orestes85
Hellion
orestes85

PostSubject: Re: What goes in Venoms?   What goes in Venoms? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05 2014, 00:28

Nope, passengers don't snapshot themselves. Check the Rules subforum, there is a discussion there I believe.
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: What goes in Venoms?   What goes in Venoms? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05 2014, 03:00

My warrior venom units got cheaper! I love them!

5 warriors, blaster, venom with 2 splinter cannons - done.

No need for nightshields anymore either... 120 is a steal for this unit! in a CAD its even better as both get OS!

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Timatron
Sybarite
Timatron

PostSubject: Re: What goes in Venoms?   What goes in Venoms? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05 2014, 07:22

That is incredibly bargainous
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What goes in Venoms?   What goes in Venoms? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What goes in Venoms?
Page 1 of 1