THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Grotesque Conversions

Go down 
+8
Izaeus
Starkadder
Its_Rumble
Bibitybopitybacon
Erebus
Lord_Alino
clively
The Shredder
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

Grotesque Conversions Empty
PostSubject: Grotesque Conversions   Grotesque Conversions I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 03 2014, 13:43

In case anyone is interested, I thought I'd share these Grotesque Conversions (both made from Ogryn Warspears):

Grotesque Conversions Attachment

Also:

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?328113-Dark-Eldar-Grotesque-Conversions

Neither of these are mine. I just thought that, especially with the buffs to coven units in the new book, others might be interested options for alternative grotesques.
Back to top Go down
clively
Sybarite
clively

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque Conversions   Grotesque Conversions I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 03 2014, 15:05

Very nice. Those models look fantastic for grotesques. You've just convinced me to pick up a box this weekend.

Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque Conversions   Grotesque Conversions I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 03 2014, 21:40

I like how you used the Tantalus sail. How morphed was it at the start? Razz
Back to top Go down
Erebus
HTMLaemonculus
Erebus

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque Conversions   Grotesque Conversions I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 03 2014, 21:52

That's a wing from the zombie dragon/terrorgheist kit (as is the head on the prow).

Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque Conversions   Grotesque Conversions I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 03 2014, 22:25

OH GOSH YOU'RE RIGHT! That's what I should use my 4 zombie dragon wings for! XD
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque Conversions   Grotesque Conversions I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 03 2014, 22:57

Lord_Alino wrote:
I like how you used the Tantalus sail. How morphed was it at the start? Razz

As I said, neither of the above are mine.

I just thought I'd share them as a nice conversion idea, since there seemed to be renewed interest in Grotesques.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque Conversions   Grotesque Conversions I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 03 2014, 23:46

Is there? I've started to get sick of coven because everyone suddenly became interested in it.
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque Conversions   Grotesque Conversions I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 04 2014, 10:23

Lord_Alino wrote:
Is there? I've started to get sick of coven because everyone suddenly became interested in it.

I'm annoyed more because I hate being pushed towards particular models, by GW making alternate models crap.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque Conversions   Grotesque Conversions I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 04 2014, 15:46

The Shredder wrote:
Lord_Alino wrote:

I'm annoyed more because I hate being pushed towards particular models, by GW making alternate models crap.

Yes, it appears they're trying to make us all want to do Coven (Let's face it, Coven supplement, coven units appear to be the only things to get better, and well... yeah)
Back to top Go down
Bibitybopitybacon
Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque Conversions   Grotesque Conversions I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05 2014, 04:58

Just purchased 8 rat ogres from eBay for 50 doll hairs! Think I'm going to turn them into grotesque...

I'll post pictures! Once I figure out how to post picture that is.. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque Conversions   Grotesque Conversions I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05 2014, 05:56

Bibitybopitybacon wrote:
Just purchased 8 rat ogres from eBay for 50 doll hairs! Think I'm going to turn them into grotesque...

Go to tinypic and upload your image there and they give you the image code to upload here
Back to top Go down
Bibitybopitybacon
Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque Conversions   Grotesque Conversions I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05 2014, 15:40

Lord_Alino wrote:
Bibitybopitybacon wrote:

Go to tinypic and upload your image there and they give you the image code to upload here
Ty!!
Back to top Go down
Its_Rumble
Sybarite
Its_Rumble

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque Conversions   Grotesque Conversions I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05 2014, 18:58

I'm awaiting rat ogres that will come in tomorrow. With a bunch of talos bits and green stuff I'll let you guys know how they turn out.

Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque Conversions   Grotesque Conversions I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05 2014, 19:14

Bibitybopitybacon wrote:
Lord_Alino wrote:
Bibitybopitybacon wrote:

Ty!!

No problem Wink
Back to top Go down
Starkadder
Kabalite Warrior
Starkadder

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque Conversions   Grotesque Conversions I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06 2014, 16:43

Here are a few I have been working on using a Wraithguard kit:

http://bit.ly/Z9ooT2 - full log here.

Grotesque Conversions IMG_20141006_161959360

Kabalite Warrior
Izaeus

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque Conversions   Grotesque Conversions I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06 2014, 19:29

Where did you get the sail and flame thing on the controls those look pretty sweet
Back to top Go down
PatrickDiomedes
Slave
PatrickDiomedes

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque Conversions   Grotesque Conversions I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07 2014, 01:08

I've been working on converting some Grotesques with the Vampire Counts Vargheist kit and some leftover bits from the Talos kit. I don't have any pics at the moment, but I think they're coming along pretty well. Only problem is that they're not as bulky/muscle-y as i'd like, but that's what Greenstuff is for
Back to top Go down
SeventhSerpent
Slave
SeventhSerpent

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque Conversions   Grotesque Conversions I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08 2014, 21:53

So I've been struggling with finding a good, decently priced, aesthetically pleasing substitute to put together a small unit of grotesques for my new list. Originally I was planning on using the vampire counts crypt horrors with some left over talos bits... however I just saw the new nurgle blightkings for fantasy and all I can say is wow. The aesthetic is close enough to the current talos/wracks, aside from some nurgle emblems and imagery. I think with a little bit of green stuff and perhaps some kit bashing from other coven units these could become a fantastic looking unit. Here's a link to the article on BOLS if anyone else is interested.

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2014/10/new-nurgle-minis-in-detail-pics.html

Kabalite Warrior
Starkadder

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque Conversions   Grotesque Conversions I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08 2014, 22:03

I think they're a little rotund for Grots! Same reason I don't really like the Ogre route either...

Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque Conversions   Grotesque Conversions I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08 2014, 22:12

Starkadder wrote:
Here are a few I have been working on using a Wraithguard kit:

http://bit.ly/Z9ooT2 - full log here.

Grotesque Conversions IMG_20141006_161959360

That's a nice Grotesque unit conversion Wink
Back to top Go down
SeventhSerpent
Slave
SeventhSerpent

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque Conversions   Grotesque Conversions I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08 2014, 23:02

Starkadder wrote:
I think they're a little rotund for Grots! Same reason I don't really like the Ogre route either...

Understandable, I guess I always thought of them as being large, lumbering bodies of recycled rotting meat, to each his own I guess. I think they'll be a nice contrast to the thin frail design of the majority of DE units. I'll have to see the sprues however before making a final decision.

Sybarite
Its_Rumble

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque Conversions   Grotesque Conversions I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09 2014, 06:13

I can't wait to get those nurgles for my WoC army!!

Sybarite
flakmonkey

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque Conversions   Grotesque Conversions I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09 2014, 09:00

I always associated Grotesques with the "wasp-waisted" description from the old 'dex. For my own conversion, I found the VC Crypt Horrors had the best aesthetically (in my opinion) They look fast, aggressive, and very top heavy to boot.
Easy to do with left over Talos bits, but the rest of the Crypt Horror kit is pretty useless I found, once you use the legs and torsos.
[img]Grotesque Conversions Photo_24[/img]

"Whereas the duty of the Imperial Commander is either to seize or defend territory, the Dark Eldar make war only to steal. If, as a by-product of this, the are able to indulge their vile passion for murder, torture and other decadent acts, then they will joyfully do so, but this is not their primary goal"
Back to top Go down
Starkadder
Kabalite Warrior
Starkadder

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque Conversions   Grotesque Conversions I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09 2014, 09:37

Did you have to Greenstuff those at all?

Sybarite
flakmonkey

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque Conversions   Grotesque Conversions I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09 2014, 09:55

Not at all :-)
Greenstuffing was what put me off the Warspear conversion path.
It was all blade work.
I trimmed/shaved the heads so the Talos masks fitted.
I trimmed/shaved the fur off the crotch and legs.
Cut the arms and pinned Talos arms/tentacles.
Cut off Talos canisters and pinned them to the torso.

It was relatively simple, and I'm rather pleased with the results.

I guess that makes them a kitbash, not a conversion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque Conversions   Grotesque Conversions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grotesque Conversions
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next