THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Splinter Racks

Go down 
+7
Selvhan
Lord Azrael
django_unchained
@miral
LSK
average joe
Count Adhemar
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Splinter Racks Empty
PostSubject: Splinter Racks   Splinter Racks I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06 2014, 14:51

So, I was perusing the new codex and noticed the following for Splinter Racks:

Whilst a model is embarked on a vehicle with splinter racks, all splinter weapons have the Twin-linked special rule.

My initial thoughts were, "Hmm, you could read that to include the cannons on a Venom" but then I realised it was even better. It literally applies to all splinter weapons!

Clearly an abuse and not intended but it made me chuckle!

average joe
Kabalite Warrior
average joe

Splinter Racks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splinter Racks   Splinter Racks I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06 2014, 15:09

That is funny. It would seem they left out the pertinent part from the flavor text from the actual rule. I may make this my tongue and cheek ploy for a couple of good laughs.
Back to top Go down
LSK
Kabalite Warrior
LSK

Splinter Racks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splinter Racks   Splinter Racks I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06 2014, 15:20

Splinterborn are maybe not dead.
Raider + rack + NS + 5 trueborn + 2 SC

Raider is immobile but jink for 3+ cover save
12 TL splinter shots each turn at 36" range + the additional splinter rifles if needed at 24"

Maybe a bit overpriced, but not too bad.

average joe
Kabalite Warrior
average joe

Splinter Racks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splinter Racks   Splinter Racks I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06 2014, 15:26

The Count is pointing out that the rule for splinter racks as written allows for all splinter weapons in your army to be twin linked as long as there is a model embarked on the vehicle equipped with the splinter racks. Quite humorous and I can't wait to see the reactions when I try to pull this one off.
Back to top Go down
LSK
Kabalite Warrior
LSK

Splinter Racks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splinter Racks   Splinter Racks I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06 2014, 16:11

Oh well, I got it now. (english is not my native language, I'm a bit slow :p )

@miral
Kabalite Warrior
@miral

Splinter Racks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splinter Racks   Splinter Racks I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06 2014, 16:32

So embarked passengers sharing out ammo like grandma does with sweets? To anybody, even enemy Deldar? That's my picture XD
Back to top Go down
django_unchained
Kabalite Warrior

Splinter Racks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splinter Racks   Splinter Racks I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06 2014, 17:26

What's crazy is this would apply to venoms at the moment... bahahaha
Back to top Go down
Lord Azrael
Hellion
Lord Azrael

Splinter Racks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splinter Racks   Splinter Racks I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06 2014, 17:34

Yea, reminds me of carnival in germany. all the people on the stages and on the floats throwing candy in the masses. Sometimes there also little cannons "shooting" candy around.
I guess splinter ammo is the same for dark eldar as candy to us.

But to the topic. Interestingly, in the german codex it says "if there is a model in a vehicle with racks, all of his splinter weapons are synchronized"
So at least in the german codex its not for the whole army.
Back to top Go down
Selvhan
Hellion

Splinter Racks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splinter Racks   Splinter Racks I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06 2014, 18:01

In french it says ( translated ): "As long as a model is embarked on a vehicle, HIS weapon have the twin-linked special rule.

So it clearly say that it's only the model(s) on the vehicle that has the special rule.

Sorry to break your fun. Razz
Back to top Go down
average joe
Kabalite Warrior
average joe

Splinter Racks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splinter Racks   Splinter Racks I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06 2014, 18:58

Selvhan wrote:
In french it says ( translated ): "As long as a model is embarked on a vehicle, HIS weapon have the twin-linked special rule.

So it clearly say that it's only the model(s) on the vehicle that has the special rule.

Sorry to break your fun. Razz

The French and German versions may have it correct, but the English version does not.  With the exception of a page reference Count Adhemar has quoted from the English codex. It's just a funny case of poor proofreading.
Back to top Go down
DarkCycu
Hellion
DarkCycu

Splinter Racks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splinter Racks   Splinter Racks I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06 2014, 23:20

It is a similar case as it was with 5th. ed Lelith where she ignored armour saves, and it was not specified in which phase or what kind of attacks, until errata. So ppl abused this rule to ignore saves when manning quad-guns and let her do the shooting.

But this situation is even more ridiculous, yet this way our dex would be surely broken Smile Probably some RAW player will try to argue with that and try to use it.

Fortunately, my friends, You fellow Archons/Succubi and I have a common sense and see that's just a little wording error Smile.
Back to top Go down
clever handle
Kabalite Warrior

Splinter Racks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splinter Racks   Splinter Racks I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09 2014, 16:21

This is no different than the tyranid pyrovore who launches his templates, determines the # of models hit, and then hits each unit (or was it model?) on the table with that number of hits...
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Splinter Racks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splinter Racks   Splinter Racks I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09 2014, 16:24

clever handle wrote:
This is no different than the tyranid pyrovore who launches his templates, determines the # of models hit, and then hits each unit (or was it model?) on the table with that number of hits...

I know. That one tickled me too.

darthken239
Kabalite Warrior
darthken239

Splinter Racks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splinter Racks   Splinter Racks I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13 2014, 00:52

I showed this rule to other player's at my club on sunday, they all laughed and said RAW means everyone in the army with splinter weapons is twin linked while someone is on the raider.
And to make the most of the pisspoor rule writing from GW. (this from non DE player's)

Back to top Go down
shadowseercB
Wych
shadowseercB

Splinter Racks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splinter Racks   Splinter Racks I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13 2014, 06:25

EDIT: Oh, I see. Interesting. I may have to try to do it as a joke of course when playing my buddies next time.
Back to top Go down
darthken239
Kabalite Warrior
darthken239

Splinter Racks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splinter Racks   Splinter Racks I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13 2014, 15:07

I's ok im sure GW will speedily bring an FAQ that will fix the wording on the rule. lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
average joe
Kabalite Warrior
average joe

Splinter Racks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splinter Racks   Splinter Racks I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27 2014, 03:02

D'oh I just noticed the dark elder vehicle equipment list in the fold out reference pages at the back of the English version codex have the rule for splinter racks worded as we would expect. "All splinter weapons of models embarked on the vehicle have Twin-linked." Just in case it hasn't already been pointed out elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Splinter Racks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splinter Racks   Splinter Racks I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Splinter Racks
Page 1 of 1