THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Gomorrah the movie

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
doriii
Sybarite
doriii

Gomorrah the movie Empty
PostSubject: Gomorrah the movie   Gomorrah the movie I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 24 2014, 20:17

A friend of mine was talking about a brutal mafia movie that i had to see, when he said the name: Gomorrah i knew i had to see it. He doesn't know anything about warhammer or DE.

After a quick google i found out that Sodom and Gomorrah are biblical cities from the new testament which were destroyed by God because of their sin which involved sexual perversion and inhospitability. Also the english word sodomy comes from Sodom.

This looks kinda like a description of our city, all the good stuff that happens here Very Happy

anyway i thought this was pretty interesting and wanted to share it, maybe the inventors of DE at GW looked at Gommorrah and its story when creating us.
Also its a pretty good movie, i would reccommend it and it kinda represents all that is going on in Commorragh ( clan wars, robberies etc... )

Looking forward to watch the tv series
Back to top Go down
Aroshamash
Sybarite
Aroshamash

Gomorrah the movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gomorrah the movie   Gomorrah the movie I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 25 2014, 01:56

And then there's the destroyed sister-city of Commorragh, which is called Shaa-Dom.

Hellion
Sensei

Gomorrah the movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gomorrah the movie   Gomorrah the movie I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 25 2014, 06:31

The movie is based on the book called "Gomorrah". The author wrote it about the criminal organization known as the "Camorra" in Naples Italy. The title is a play on words linking the "Camorra" to the biblical city of Gomorrah and how they are undermining the city of Naples.

The book is based on fact and exposes a lot of the criminal activity taking place in the city. Since writing the book the author has been threatened a number of times and I believe he may actually now be in a witness protection program as a result of threats and attacks made by the people he exposed.

As far as I know, the movie is a fictionalized account, but the book is based on facts.
Back to top Go down
Klaivex Charondyr
Wych
Klaivex Charondyr

Gomorrah the movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gomorrah the movie   Gomorrah the movie I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 25 2014, 08:20

Aroshamash wrote:
And then there's the destroyed sister-city of Commorragh, which is called Shaa-Dom.

Shaa-Dom is a reference to the main Planet of the Shadows ( Z'ha'dum) in the TV Series Babylon 5.
Cpt. Sheridan destroyed it by crashing a Starship into the biggest city and activating the 2 A-Bombs on board.
Back to top Go down
Aroshamash
Sybarite
Aroshamash

Gomorrah the movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gomorrah the movie   Gomorrah the movie I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 25 2014, 13:48

I'd say it's a reference to both, in that case. It's also possible that Z'ha'dum is a reference to Sodom, given that both are evil places that get destroyed.

Sybarite
doriii

Gomorrah the movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gomorrah the movie   Gomorrah the movie I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 25 2014, 18:16

Aroshamash wrote:

Did not know that, i am yet to read the path books
But its cool that they used something from the old times to build upon
Back to top Go down
Klaivex Charondyr
Wych
Klaivex Charondyr

Gomorrah the movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gomorrah the movie   Gomorrah the movie I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 25 2014, 18:36

Shaa-Dom was destroyed by an imperial spacecraft crushing into the city and overloading its warpdrive.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gomorrah the movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gomorrah the movie   Gomorrah the movie I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gomorrah the movie
Page 1 of 1