THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Hemlock Wraithfighter

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
aurynn
Incubi

Hemlock Wraithfighter Empty
PostSubject: Hemlock Wraithfighter   Hemlock Wraithfighter I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 26 2014, 20:24

So... Hemlock has Terrify power... but Psychic focus is my problem. Does the Hemlock get the Psychic Shriek too under the Psychic Focus rule? If it does, it can be GREAT!
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Hemlock Wraithfighter   Hemlock Wraithfighter I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 26 2014, 22:13

I think this comes down to whether Terrify is 'generated' or not. I'm of the opinion that it's not and therefore psychic focus doesn't apply but there are arguments on both sides.

aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Hemlock Wraithfighter   Hemlock Wraithfighter I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27 2014, 06:33

I have read the powers generation rules several times over and it is really unclear. Random generation is reffered, which suggests a non-random generation exists. Rly dont know what to think.
Back to top Go down
MyNameDidntFit
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Hemlock Wraithfighter   Hemlock Wraithfighter I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27 2014, 11:01

I've heard it both ways through some lengthy debates.

Intent is fairly clear but that means somewhere between diddly and squat in a lot of places. Ask your regular opponents would be my guess.

Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Hemlock Wraithfighter   Hemlock Wraithfighter I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27 2014, 11:55

Not sure that intent is clear... All ML1 psykers have roll plus primaris. This is a ML1 psyker. Is there a reason why it should be at a disadvantage?
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Hemlock Wraithfighter   Hemlock Wraithfighter I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27 2014, 11:59

aurynn wrote:
Not sure that intent is clear... All ML1 psykers have roll plus primaris. This is a ML1 psyker. Is there a reason why it should be at a disadvantage?

It basically comes down to the question of whether that ML1 psyker has generated a power.

Quote :
If a Psyker generates all of his powers from the same psychic discipline (even if he can only generate one power), that Psyker is said to have Psychic Focus, and gains that discipline’s primaris power in addition to his other powers

The section on generating psychic powers implies that a unit that starts with a specific power does not generate it and would not therefore be able to gain the Primaris power.

As I said earlier though, there's arguments on both sides. I've added it to the FAQ list.

aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Hemlock Wraithfighter   Hemlock Wraithfighter I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27 2014, 13:21

KK. thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hemlock Wraithfighter   Hemlock Wraithfighter I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hemlock Wraithfighter
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions