THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

my army list from 6th edition

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
asdrubael Vect124
Hellion
asdrubael Vect124

my army list from 6th edition Empty
PostSubject: my army list from 6th edition   my army list from 6th edition I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 06 2014, 16:39

hello, i've put my list below and i would like to know how the changes in 7th effect this list and if anybody has some better ideas i'd like to know
so my Army is 1500pts

HQ-
-archon w/ huskblade haywire grenade shadowfield combat drugs and soul trap 150pts
-lelith hesperax 175pts

Troops-
-wyches(9) w/ hydra gauntlets, haywire grenades one upgraded to a hekatrix w/ agoniser. they have a raider with retrofire jets 213pts
-kabalite warriors(10) w/ 1x dark lance. one upgraded to a sybarite w/ blast pistol. they also have raider with retrofire jets 205pts

Elites-
-wracks(10) w/ a liquifirer gun, one upgraded to an acothyst w/scissorhand 145pts

Fast Attack-
-reavers(6) w/ 2x cluster caltrops and one upgraded to a arena champion 182pts
-scourges(5) w/ 2x haywire blasters and one upgraded to a solarite 140pts

Heavy Support-
-razorwing Jetfighter w/ splinter cannon 155pts
-talos pain engin w/ ichor injector, an extra close combat weapon chain flails and a twin linked haywire blaster 135pts

Tactics: so mainly i have the archon with the wracks footslogging using cover etc. lelith is going with the 9 wyches who in their raider are going to Deepstrike near a fleshy part of the enemy army and hit them, My warriors are also going to deepstrike but they are going to hit the most dangerous part of the enemy armour if there is any(if not they hit a high wound model) my reavers are going to fly around the battlefield using their cluster caltrops then speeding away.
the jetfighter is dedicated(i believe) with his two dark lances against enemy flyers
and the talos is going to do what a talos does, soak up the shots and decimate infantry.

AGAIN if anybody has any better ideas i can use for this army let me know please Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
Unorthodoxy
Beating A Different Drummer
Unorthodoxy

PostSubject: Re: my army list from 6th edition   my army list from 6th edition I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 06 2014, 22:16

Archon's Huskblade is no longer AP 2, which is big for challenges. Shadowfield got better though.

Lelith is a beast in challenges.

Wyches cant take Haywire, except for their sergeants.

Scourges can now take 4 Haywire Blasters in their 5 man squads. Highly recommended.

http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com/
Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: my army list from 6th edition   my army list from 6th edition I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07 2014, 08:21

Almost all of your points are wrong. I would recommend getting the codex and calculate the list anew. The list it self is not very competitive but i might hold on to its own in friendly games.

ETC 2015 Captain, Eldar/DE (10th)
Painting blog
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: my army list from 6th edition   my army list from 6th edition I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07 2014, 09:56

I second Vasara's comment - there have been so many changes to the stuff in your list since the previous codex that it's basically redundant. On the bright side, the models you've got there won't cost you anywhere near 1500pts any more, probably closer to 1400.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
asdrubael Vect124
Hellion
asdrubael Vect124

PostSubject: Re: my army list from 6th edition   my army list from 6th edition I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07 2014, 15:08

The_Burning_Eye wrote:
I second Vasara's comment - there have been so many changes to the stuff in your list since the previous codex that it's basically redundant. On the bright side, the models you've got there won't cost you anywhere near 1500pts any more, probably closer to 1400.

so basically i dont really have a list anymore until i get the new codex?
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: my army list from 6th edition   my army list from 6th edition I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07 2014, 16:18

generally speaking when a new codex is released, units and rules from the old codex are superceded, and very few if any players will let you play using rules from an out of date codex.

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
asdrubael Vect124
Hellion
asdrubael Vect124

PostSubject: Re: my army list from 6th edition   my army list from 6th edition I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07 2014, 17:55

alright first task get the 7th codex and rule book, any idea when 8th edition is coming out?
Back to top Go down
Unorthodoxy
Unorthodoxy

PostSubject: Re: my army list from 6th edition   my army list from 6th edition I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 10 2014, 01:43

dont despair. Youy have good building blocks here

asdrubael Vect124
Hellion
asdrubael Vect124

PostSubject: Re: my army list from 6th edition   my army list from 6th edition I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 10 2014, 16:24

where do you all think i should head with this with the new codex??
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: my army list from 6th edition   my army list from 6th edition I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 10 2014, 16:38

Well the only out and out bad unit in your list (not commenting on upgrades here, just unit types) is the wyches. wracks are ok, but if not part of a coven list need a very specific purpose (they're basically combat equipped, but grotesques outperform them by far)

My Club - MAD Wargaming

Back to top Go down
asdrubael Vect124
Hellion
asdrubael Vect124

PostSubject: Re: my army list from 6th edition   my army list from 6th edition I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 10 2014, 16:40

so get rid of the Wyches and replace with anything? i think if i would get rid of them i could replace them with a another squad of kabalite warriors, what do you think?
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: my army list from 6th edition   my army list from 6th edition I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 10 2014, 16:55

warriors are a good choice, just don't have them walking - either go 5 and blaster in venom or 10 in a raider with splinter racks (you can add a blaster in here too if you like, just be aware that if you use it you're wasting potentially 20 poison shots to get a 2/3 chance of hitting a tank, before armour penetration)

My Club - MAD Wargaming

Back to top Go down
asdrubael Vect124
Hellion
asdrubael Vect124

PostSubject: Re: my army list from 6th edition   my army list from 6th edition I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 10 2014, 20:49

but then wont i have to get rid of lelith in order for more dakka? only have her leading the wyches
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: my army list from 6th edition   my army list from 6th edition I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 10 2014, 23:06

Lelith in a unit of grotesques wouldn't be a bad choice either, their T5 will tank wounds for her if you don't want her in a challenge (take an aberration) while she can merrily waltz her way round most things.

My Club - MAD Wargaming

Back to top Go down
asdrubael Vect124
Hellion
asdrubael Vect124

PostSubject: Re: my army list from 6th edition   my army list from 6th edition I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11 2014, 18:29

has the grotesque save been increased? as far as i knew it was a 6+ which wont really tank if their taking wounds every time they get hit. i'm sure it will help them hold off the wounds so that bolters and such wound on 4+(i think) and what would the unit look like, 5 grotesque with an abberation led by Lelith?
Back to top Go down
Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: my army list from 6th edition   my army list from 6th edition I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11 2014, 19:44

asdrubael Vect124 wrote:
has the grotesque save been increased? as far as i knew it was a 6+ which wont really tank if their taking wounds every time they get hit. i'm sure it will help them hold off the wounds so that bolters and such wound on 4+(i think) and what would the unit look like, 5 grotesque  with an abberation led by Lelith?

Do you mean Wracks?
That unit is very slow even with grots instead of wracks. Unless you use webway portal somehow.

ETC 2015 Captain, Eldar/DE (10th)
Painting blog
Back to top Go down
Unorthodoxy
Unorthodoxy

PostSubject: Re: my army list from 6th edition   my army list from 6th edition I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11 2014, 23:21

Grotesques are simply awesome. Again.

=)

Not as good at Anti-tank I am sorry to report. Very sorry to report. But they are going to smash up some silly Wraith KNights and DreadKnights but good if they get the chance.

asdrubael Vect124
Hellion
asdrubael Vect124

PostSubject: Re: my army list from 6th edition   my army list from 6th edition I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12 2014, 17:27

so taking grotesques with lelith instead of wyches would be better?
Back to top Go down
Unorthodoxy
Unorthodoxy

PostSubject: Re: my army list from 6th edition   my army list from 6th edition I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12 2014, 19:46

Oh yeah.

asdrubael Vect124
Hellion
asdrubael Vect124

PostSubject: Re: my army list from 6th edition   my army list from 6th edition I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 13 2014, 16:25

lol, only problem is then i would only have 1 troop, and 2 are mandatory(unless that has changed)
i guess i could get rid of the wracks and switch them for Grotesques.. but that might not work either
Back to top Go down
asdrubael Vect124
Hellion
asdrubael Vect124

PostSubject: Re: my army list from 6th edition   my army list from 6th edition I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19 2014, 16:38

Alright, so i've updated my list for the 7th edition and here it is:
1500 pts
HQ-
Lelith hesperax 150pts
Archon w/ PGL Armour of misery, shadow field and agoniser 155pts

Troops-
kabalite warriors 10 models total, w/ sybarite PGL and a agoniser, a splinter cannon and a raider transport with splinter racks and torment launcher 225pts

kabalite warriors 10 models total w/ sybarite PGL and a agoniser, a dark lance a blaster, a raider transport and a dark lance and torment launcher 225

Fast attack-
Reavers 5 models total, arena champion and cluster caltrops 105pts

Razerwing jetfighter w/ dark lance and splinter cannon  2x necrotoxin 150

scourges with 4 haywire blasters a solarite and an agoniser145pts

Elites-
Wracks 10 models total 2x liquifier guns acothyst and a hexrifle 150pts

Incubi w/ a klaivex 70 pts

Heavy support-
Talos pain engine w/ chain flails and an ichor injector 130pts
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: my army list from 6th edition   my army list from 6th edition I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19 2014, 17:01

asdrubael Vect124 wrote:
Alright, so i've updated my list for the 7th edition and here it is:
1500 pts
HQ-
Lelith hesperax 150pts
Archon w/ PGL Armour of misery, shadow field and agoniser 155pts

Seems reasonable, though 2 HQ's is a lot in a 1500pt game.

asdrubael Vect124 wrote:
Troops-
kabalite warriors 10 models total, w/ sybarite PGL and a agoniser, a splinter cannon and a raider transport with splinter racks and torment launcher 225pts
225 pts is a lot for a single troops unit. I'd drop the sybarite, PGL, agoniser, splinter cannon and torment launcher from this build and save youself 75 pts, which those upgrades won't get you in terms of kills.

asdrubael Vect124 wrote:
kabalite warriors 10 models total w/ sybarite PGL and a agoniser, a dark lance a blaster, a raider transport and a dark lance and torment launcher 225
same goes for this unit, dark lance is a waste on a unit that's likely to be moving (it'll have to hit on 6's if you do) and the sybarite upgrades etc just won't get used.

asdrubael Vect124 wrote:
Fast attack-
Reavers 5 models total, arena champion and cluster caltrops 105pts
decent, but it doesn't need the arena champion, - if you are going to take it though, here's where you should put an agoniser. And take a second set of caltrops - they are what will do the most damage in this unit.

asdrubael Vect124 wrote:
Razorwing jetfighter w/ dark lance and splinter cannon  2x necrotoxin 150
No arguments here, though you could suggest the necrotoxin aren't necessary against most units, the monoscythe strength is just as useful and actually has an AP. Unless you're facing nidzilla or anything with a better than 5+ in which case wounding on a 2+ is just as good if not better.

asdrubael Vect124 wrote:
Again, no need for the solarite and agoniser - this unit shouldn't see combat (and probably won't if your opponent knows what they can do)

asdrubael Vect124 wrote:
Elites-
If you're going liquifiers (this is not a recommendation, I don't think theyre that great anymore) then take one on the acothyst as well?

asdrubael Vect124 wrote:
This unit won't make it into combat. 3+ armour won't save them if they're footslogging

asdrubael Vect124 wrote:
Heavy support-
This isn't possible, the Talos can only take one upgrade weapon

My Club - MAD Wargaming

Back to top Go down
asdrubael Vect124
Hellion
asdrubael Vect124

PostSubject: Re: my army list from 6th edition   my army list from 6th edition I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19 2014, 17:26

The_Burning_Eye wrote:

225 pts is a lot for a single troops unit. I'd drop the sybarite, PGL, agoniser, splinter cannon and torment launcher from this build and save youself 75 pts, which those upgrades won't get you in terms of kills.
^
the reason i got this is because the splinter cannon gains from the splinter racks and the -2 from the torment launcher will bonus with the armour of misery from the archon and all the PGL's

same goes for this unit, dark lance is a waste on a unit that's likely to be moving (it'll have to hit on 6's if you do) and the sybarite upgrades etc just won't get used. so get rid of the dark lance? but i want to keep the sybarite because of the PGL i can get rid of the Agoniser though for both squads.

decent, but it doesn't need the arena champion, - if you are going to take it though, here's where you should put an agoniser. And take a second set of caltrops - they are what will do the most damage in this unit.
^
ok so take another model give the arena champion an agoniser and one more caltrops?

asdrubael Vect124 wrote:
Razorwing jetfighter w/ dark lance and splinter cannon  2x necrotoxin 150
No arguments here, though you could suggest the necrotoxin aren't necessary against most units, the monoscythe strength is just as useful and actually has an AP. Unless you're facing nidzilla or anything with a better than 5+ in which case wounding on a 2+ is just as good if not better.

i only take the necrotoxins in case. if i face a army that is better fought by monoscythe i'll proxy it in

asdrubael Vect124 wrote:
Again, no need for the solarite and agoniser - this unit shouldn't see combat (and probably won't if your opponent knows what they can do)
so i'll get rid of the solarite and agoniser

asdrubael Vect124 wrote:
Elites-
If you're going liquifiers (this is not a recommendation, I don't think theyre that great anymore) then take one on the acothyst as well?
prob be cheaper... i just thought acothyst should take something a little longer range

asdrubael Vect124 wrote:
This unit won't make it into combat. 3+ armour won't save them if they're footslogging
so get rid of em?

asdrubael Vect124 wrote:
Heavy support-
This isn't possible, the Talos can only take one upgrade weapon[/quote]
then talos is stupid.. i'll switch it to cronos if thats better???
Back to top Go down
asdrubael Vect124
Hellion
asdrubael Vect124

PostSubject: Re: my army list from 6th edition   my army list from 6th edition I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 25 2014, 16:38

Changed a bit of it and plan to test it out this weekend
1500pts
HQ-
Archon /w PGL Armour of misery shadow field agoniser 155pts
court of the archon lhamean x2 and ur-ghuls x2 w/ a venom with dual splinter cannons 115pts

Troops-
Kabalite warriors 10 models total, sybarite with a PGL and one model with a splinter cannon and a raider transport with torment grenade launchers and a dark lance 190pts

Wyches 10 models total hekatrix /w agoniser  and a PGL, three models upgraded with Hydra gauntlets and a raider transport with torment grenade launchers 205pts

Fast attack-

Reavers with 8 models total, an arena champion /w an agoniser and two models upgraded with cluster caltrops 161 pts

Razorwing Jetfighter w/ dark lance and splinter cannons and 2 necrotoxin missiles 150pts

Scourges(x2) Haywire (x4) solarite 130pts for each one

Heavy support

Ravager with 2 dark lances 120 pts for each one
Back to top Go down
Talos
Kabalite Warrior
Talos

PostSubject: Re: my army list from 6th edition   my army list from 6th edition I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 25 2014, 19:43

Lets se: 4 skimmers, 1 flyer and a unit of bikes
How competitive is you gaming environment?
If I was to show up with your list I will be crushed.
With that I mind, I suggest you start by getting rid of all the unnecessary upgrades.
Let’s start with all the pgl, this is not a good weapon. First it does not work against space marines, or against fearless units. That’s most of the opponents’ right there. And elder are more or less always mechanized and necrons have ld 10.

I would let the archon go, 155pts for 1 dead marine in a round of combat is not a good investment in my bok.
And I whuld cut the court down to just a lhamean and a venom.

replace the wyches with warriors.
And remove sergeants and pgl
You calculated your revers wrong, the unit should cost 193pts. However the unit will cost 161pts with 6 revers in it :p

If the razorwing I fireing lancec against armour the cannon doesn’t really ad anything. Conceder to remove it.

Solorite upgrades, well, the model without a haywireblaster is the first to die, way letting him cost 10pts extra?
Ravanger, give it 3 lances, or none. I suggest 3, u need the antitank.

With all the pts saved, I recommend more venoms, warriors and ravangers.

Now this is just my humble suggestions, do not takes this as law. The imported thing is that you play with units you what to play with. Best of luck with your game, hope this is somewhat helping or inspiring.
Back to top Go down
http://www.olasart.se
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: my army list from 6th edition   my army list from 6th edition I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

my army list from 6th edition
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next