THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Stranded in Columbus OH!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

Stranded in Columbus OH! Empty
PostSubject: Stranded in Columbus OH!   Stranded in Columbus OH! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 09 2014, 04:14

Long story short during my move/trip to WMW from NY to STL the brakes on my car failed and I was in a minor accident. Took the car to a repair shop to see about getting it fixed and the estimate was double the value of the car as the entire brake line system needed to be replaced. So now I am stuck with most of my belongings and no way to get back to NY nor continue on to STL. If anyone has any advice about what to do or is local and willing to help a guy out with the scoop of where to eat cheap, stay cheap, or hell even get a game in so this isnt a total loss please PM me.

Thanks

Tordeck

EWP - Technically its more correct to say I am stuck in Worthington, not Columbus proper.

Forum Rules - Read and Obey - Or Else!
Back to top Go down
Tengu
Wych
Tengu

PostSubject: Re: Stranded in Columbus OH!   Stranded in Columbus OH! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 09 2014, 10:17

Drat, No way I can help you.

I would be (partialy) ok as I would have camping kit and a bit of food with me.

You say the car is a goner...is there a way you can sell it for scrap quickly so you will no longer have the worry of it...and a bit of cash?

No way the garage can jury rig the brakes to get you to your destination? (But if they are a responsible garage, they will have taken the keys off of you if its `that` unsafe...)

(What is the insurance status on this accident? Does your insurer cover you for a courtesy vehicle/accomodation?)

You have access to the Internet, so you can find out where the local supermarket is for food.

Can you get to a truck stop? They always do good food cheap. Possibly get a lift to STL (wherever that is)

How much belongings do you have? (Dont tell me, a whole car full?) could they be posted on? Will the garage mind them for a while?

(In my experience garages are always helpful with standed motorists)

Has the garage a car you can buy cheaply? Do they know where to find one?

(In my experiences a garage will always know of a car for sale, even if they dont sell cars themselves)

Sorry I cant be of more help. Recently my car was condemned as unsafe...but that was in the garage next door to me...

Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Stranded in Columbus OH!   Stranded in Columbus OH! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 09 2014, 10:28

How are you cash wise Baron? What sort of distance to the destination and back to point of origin? Bus go past or even near? If you can store your stuff nearby and taxi/bus to the destination you will have more options I suspect.

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: Stranded in Columbus OH!   Stranded in Columbus OH! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 09 2014, 15:04

Plan is to scrap the car yes, and its a national chain repair shop so no jury rigging gunna happen. But they are letting me leave it there until we can get it scrapped.

I got lucky, my hotel is across the street from a grocery store so food and supplies in the regards are easy to get to.

I did just get an offer from a guy on the Privateer Press forums to come pick me up and drive me where I am going. Lil mind blowing there is anyone in the world willing to do that for a stranger.

I have been looking on Craigslist and such to see if I can just find a new cheap car and go that route.

I do have an entire car trunk full worth of stuff with me. I could try to mail it if hopping a bus ends up being my only option but I am trying to figure out other things before I go that route.

Forum Rules - Read and Obey - Or Else!
Back to top Go down
Tengu
Wych
Tengu

PostSubject: Re: Stranded in Columbus OH!   Stranded in Columbus OH! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 09 2014, 23:17

We are always here for you.

When I was homeless before my college support found me this nesting box I felt pretty isolated. I could have stayed in my tent; but every night I took the walk to the pub soI could get wifi and meet up with you guys in chat...What a relief!
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Stranded in Columbus OH!   Stranded in Columbus OH! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01 2014, 19:30

So, BT, what's the word? bounce bounce bounce

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stranded in Columbus OH!   Stranded in Columbus OH! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stranded in Columbus OH!
Page 1 of 1