THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1500 DE vs Chaos

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

1500 DE vs Chaos Empty
PostSubject: 1500 DE vs Chaos   1500 DE vs Chaos I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 10 2014, 12:47

Hey guys, twas a busy week for the forces of the Burning Eye last week (not forgetting of course the cult of the shadowed blade and the coven of distorted perfection.

As the first report went directly into this forum, I decided to post the second on my blog, there's a link to it here

The game was 1500pts DE vs Chaos (painted like night lords but using black legion rules)

Victory for the True Kin, though my opponent definitely made some blunders, including his target selection with his Heldrake (let's just say that only one shot it took in the entire game made me wince).

I think I'll probably be tweaking my list again before my next game on Thursday (which is against Iron Hands I think) - not to tailor the list, but to slim down my expenses on upgrades to possibly fit a bit more stuff in there.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
OutrunKoil
Hellion
OutrunKoil

1500 DE vs Chaos Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500 DE vs Chaos   1500 DE vs Chaos I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 10 2014, 13:38

Nice report!

I've been running Talos/Cronos combo and they rock. At odd up to 4 rounds of Tau firing last game. Literally won me the game as the combo can soak up so much damage!

Am trying out Dark Artisan next time around for some DZ chenanigans...

Sounds like Succubus was worth the points for you in this game?
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

1500 DE vs Chaos Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500 DE vs Chaos   1500 DE vs Chaos I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 10 2014, 13:45

Definitely, which after the whiffed attacks against Tyranids (1 hit from 9 attacks over 2 rounds) and the wasted points in the guard game (4 guardsmen killed before she got krakked to death) was a welcome relief. The grots were good bodyguards and soaked up the nasty overwatch fire (and any other incoming fire actually), though I may be looking to tweak their squad a bit for next time to refine the list - keep an eye out for the changes to that one!

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
Laughingcarp
Wych
Laughingcarp

1500 DE vs Chaos Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500 DE vs Chaos   1500 DE vs Chaos I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 10 2014, 20:29

The_Burning_Eye wrote:
after the whiffed attacks against Tyranids (1 hit from 9 attacks over 2 rounds) and the wasted points in the guard game (4 guardsmen killed before she got krakked to death) was a welcome relief.
Haha I feel ya. Last game VS Iron Hands my succubus wiffed all 9 attacks against a Command Squad & Libby. Grots wiped the unit in 2 rounds thankfully.

Good read! That CSM player definitely made a bungle or two, but you handled him well and I feel you would have won regardless. Well played sir.

Host of Shattered Purity - Chaos Daemons
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

1500 DE vs Chaos Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500 DE vs Chaos   1500 DE vs Chaos I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 10 2014, 23:24

I actually felt really sorry after the second turn - he's a mate and I think my only loss to him this year was right at the very start using the old DE and a very dodgy list. His forgefiend also has the very opposite of a charmed life - it may only be AP4 but I don't like that many shots at S8, so it's been taken down early in every game (usually gets on the wrong end of my lascannon/missile launcher tank hunting centurions). It's becoming a trend - I took out a soulgrinder he brought on turn 1 the first time my cents hit the board.

I'm expecting to be facing Iron Hands on thursday this week, I'm guessing the best tactic is just to really focus fire to make It Will Not Die less useful?

My Club - MAD Wargaming

Back to top Go down
Laughingcarp
Wych
Laughingcarp

1500 DE vs Chaos Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500 DE vs Chaos   1500 DE vs Chaos I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12 2014, 15:11

I feel ya, except from both sides of that coin.
My best friend and I play each other most. I can't beat his SM/DA basically regardless of which army I field (I'm 6-17-2 vs them). His Tau I'm 5-1 against.
So I keep losing to his SM, and his Tau keep losing to me.
It doesn't always make sense but there you go.

Yeah Iron Hands need to be focused down for sure. Last game vs this guy his Dread was hit by 3 blaster shots and still managed to be at full HP by last game turn until my Dark Artisan caught it in CC.

Host of Shattered Purity - Chaos Daemons
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

1500 DE vs Chaos Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500 DE vs Chaos   1500 DE vs Chaos I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12 2014, 15:15

I've never played Iron Hands yet, only one guy at my club uses them and he's got plenty of other armies and plays fantasy too, but looking forward to it. Ironically it's now been postponed as he can't make club night this week but I'm gonna try again for next week.

My Club - MAD Wargaming

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

1500 DE vs Chaos Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500 DE vs Chaos   1500 DE vs Chaos I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1500 DE vs Chaos
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Realspace Raids