THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Chain snares, freakish spectacle and Armor of Misery

Go down 
+12
thesaltedwound
Cerve
Jimsolo
LSK
The_Burning_Eye
Eldur
clever handle
Timatron
Squidmaster
Azdrubael
fredpower
Mononcule
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mononcule
Kabalite Warrior
Mononcule

Chain snares, freakish spectacle and Armor of Misery Empty
PostSubject: Chain snares, freakish spectacle and Armor of Misery   Chain snares, freakish spectacle and Armor of Misery I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 21 2014, 23:47

The title says it all Smile

Does anyone tried this?

I'll play against orks tomorrow. For a small 5pts investment it seems that it can be useful on the Armor of Misery's raider.

Scalpel squadron venoms: you can tank shock from reserves, so if the opponent put some infantry near his board edge It could work (but the mishap is risky).

Freakish spectacle seems to also work on empty dedicated transport. For a small 5 pts, that empty raider may trigger some -1Ld tests.
Back to top Go down
fredpower
Hellion
fredpower

PostSubject: Re: Chain snares, freakish spectacle and Armor of Misery   Chain snares, freakish spectacle and Armor of Misery I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 22 2014, 00:38

you can tank shock from reserve?
Back to top Go down
Mononcule
Kabalite Warrior
Mononcule

PostSubject: Re: Chain snares, freakish spectacle and Armor of Misery   Chain snares, freakish spectacle and Armor of Misery I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 22 2014, 00:47

Sure:

"Tank Shock from Reserve
A Tank that moves onto the battlefield from Reserve may attempt a Tank Shock. This
must be declared before the Tank moves onto the board."
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: Chain snares, freakish spectacle and Armor of Misery   Chain snares, freakish spectacle and Armor of Misery I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 22 2014, 09:49

Can you tank shock after deep strike?

Is it done in the movement phase now? So no?

Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Chain snares, freakish spectacle and Armor of Misery   Chain snares, freakish spectacle and Armor of Misery I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 22 2014, 10:50

It doesn't seem worth most of the effort to be honest. All that, and all you're really doing is breaking a unit that can more than likely rally the following turn.
I think I'd rather shoot them than Tank Shock them.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Timatron
Sybarite
Timatron

PostSubject: Re: Chain snares, freakish spectacle and Armor of Misery   Chain snares, freakish spectacle and Armor of Misery I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 22 2014, 11:22

You can shoot and tank-shock as tank-shock occurs in the movement phase. Now, if you could flat-out afterwards I could see it being a dirty strategy for clumping up enemies prior to hitting them with blasts from Razorwings etc. As it stands, maybe useful if you have Template weapons? Situational though.
Back to top Go down
fredpower
Hellion
fredpower

PostSubject: Re: Chain snares, freakish spectacle and Armor of Misery   Chain snares, freakish spectacle and Armor of Misery I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 22 2014, 16:13

this can be nice realy nice
Back to top Go down
clever handle
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Chain snares, freakish spectacle and Armor of Misery   Chain snares, freakish spectacle and Armor of Misery I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 24 2014, 16:17

Squidmaster wrote:
It doesn't seem worth most of the effort to be honest. All that, and all you're really doing is breaking a unit that can more than likely rally the following turn.
I think I'd rather shoot them than Tank Shock them.

unless you're facing something with ATSKNF you're at a minimum preventing them from firing to full effect in the following turn. You're also preventing them from charging, forcing them to give up board control and in Maelstrom (and who isn't playing Maelstrom really?) probably significantly hindering them from accomplishing objectives.

Now obviously this isn't effective against loyalists in power armor or 'nids, but guard and orks and (if you can make it into range!) Tau are all very susceptible to having poor leadership base.
Back to top Go down
Eldur
Sybarite
Eldur

PostSubject: Re: Chain snares, freakish spectacle and Armor of Misery   Chain snares, freakish spectacle and Armor of Misery I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 24 2014, 16:42

Waitwaitwaitwait.... If you can tank shock from reserve... Could it be done when deep striking?

Eldur project log for Dark Eldar and Eldar
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Chain snares, freakish spectacle and Armor of Misery   Chain snares, freakish spectacle and Armor of Misery I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 24 2014, 16:52

clever handle wrote:
(and who isn't playing Maelstrom really?)

Me?

Granted it's a small club but our games tend to still use eternal war missions, we've found the tactical objectives games to be a) too random and b) not really very tactical - too much random claiming of objectives and not enough actualy tactical strategy.

Now if each player drew 1-3 tactical cards at the beginning of a game and that was it, say for example killing the opposing warlord gained you 5 vp's instead of 1, that's a tactical objective, you're there to cut the head off the serpent. Or claiming one specific objective in the game gave you extra vp's.

As it is you could end up racing around the board to claim an objective, then focussing all your fire on their psykers, then claiming an objective at the other end of the board before going back to the first objective you went for.

I realise others enjoy maelstrom games and I would never try to tell people what to play, but at our club we've just tended to find them too random in a game with enough random elements already.

Personally, if you're looking for recommendations, I really like the missions in altar of war and the codex, some really cool, flavourful stuff in there (I particularly like the one in our codex where wiped units become the objectives)

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
LSK
Kabalite Warrior
LSK

PostSubject: Re: Chain snares, freakish spectacle and Armor of Misery   Chain snares, freakish spectacle and Armor of Misery I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 24 2014, 16:54

Quote :
Waitwaitwaitwait.... If you can tank shock from reserve... Could it be done when deep striking?
Tank Shock occurs during movement phase.
When you arrive from DS the vehicle is considered having already moved 6" (combat speed), so no tank shock on Deep Strike.

Eldur
Sybarite
Eldur

PostSubject: Re: Chain snares, freakish spectacle and Armor of Misery   Chain snares, freakish spectacle and Armor of Misery I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 24 2014, 16:56

In fact the rule says that yoy should move "at least at combat speed" so...

Eldur project log for Dark Eldar and Eldar
Back to top Go down
LSK
Kabalite Warrior
LSK

PostSubject: Re: Chain snares, freakish spectacle and Armor of Misery   Chain snares, freakish spectacle and Armor of Misery I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 24 2014, 16:57

you must declare distance to tank shock.
you cannot declare distance when you arrive on DS.

Mononcule
Kabalite Warrior
Mononcule

PostSubject: Re: Chain snares, freakish spectacle and Armor of Misery   Chain snares, freakish spectacle and Armor of Misery I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 24 2014, 22:26

Well I took 2 chain snared raiders against orks. Never had the opportunity to actually use them in the game.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Chain snares, freakish spectacle and Armor of Misery   Chain snares, freakish spectacle and Armor of Misery I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01 2014, 00:32

Yeah, you can tank shock from reserve, but not on the deep strike. That being said, this works decently well.
Back to top Go down
Cerve
Hekatrix
Cerve

PostSubject: Re: Chain snares, freakish spectacle and Armor of Misery   Chain snares, freakish spectacle and Armor of Misery I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01 2014, 19:08

No Death or Glory with an Ork Klaw?
Back to top Go down
clever handle
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Chain snares, freakish spectacle and Armor of Misery   Chain snares, freakish spectacle and Armor of Misery I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01 2014, 20:16

depends on the game situation but could be fairly risky: 100% to hit x 66% to pen (does shock prow increase front armor still?) x 50% chance to imobilize or explode = 33% chance to wreck a raider = 66% chance to lose a kitted out nob....
Back to top Go down
Cerve
Hekatrix
Cerve

PostSubject: Re: Chain snares, freakish spectacle and Armor of Misery   Chain snares, freakish spectacle and Armor of Misery I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01 2014, 22:17

even Stunned will stop the Venom
Back to top Go down
thesaltedwound
Sybarite
thesaltedwound

PostSubject: Re: Chain snares, freakish spectacle and Armor of Misery   Chain snares, freakish spectacle and Armor of Misery I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 02 2014, 15:59

Can't tank shock if you've got a shock prow anyway.
I like tank shock shenanigans. A guy once did the shepherding thing to me with hellhounds, it was horrific. I've wanted a nice way to get him back ever since.

That said, I wouldn't risk it to push them all into a space and then missile them, terrible risk of mashing your own raiders! Unless you had the necrotoxin missiles, I guess that'd be awesome.

The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Chain snares, freakish spectacle and Armor of Misery   Chain snares, freakish spectacle and Armor of Misery I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 02 2014, 16:08

thesaltedwound wrote:
I seem to remember reading that the shock prow now lets you both tank shock AND ram???

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Chain snares, freakish spectacle and Armor of Misery   Chain snares, freakish spectacle and Armor of Misery I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 02 2014, 16:11

The_Burning_Eye wrote:
thesaltedwound wrote:
I seem to remember reading that the shock prow now lets you both tank shock AND ram???

Correct.

thesaltedwound
Sybarite
thesaltedwound

PostSubject: Re: Chain snares, freakish spectacle and Armor of Misery   Chain snares, freakish spectacle and Armor of Misery I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 02 2014, 16:28

Oh yeah, I had it backwards. Can't ram with snares. That makes a lot more sense.

The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Chain snares, freakish spectacle and Armor of Misery   Chain snares, freakish spectacle and Armor of Misery I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 02 2014, 16:28

Count Adhemar wrote:
The_Burning_Eye wrote:
thesaltedwound wrote:

Correct.

Is it wrong to feel like a pet Khymerae that's just been patted on the head by the rules Archon? lol!

And don't get me wrong Count, I'm not being arsey, I actually do feel a little happiness when I write something like that and you confirm that what I thought was right!

My Club - MAD Wargaming

Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Chain snares, freakish spectacle and Armor of Misery   Chain snares, freakish spectacle and Armor of Misery I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 02 2014, 16:36

The_Burning_Eye wrote:
Count Adhemar wrote:
The_Burning_Eye wrote:
thesaltedwound wrote:

Correct.

Is it wrong to feel like a pet Khymerae that's just been patted on the head by the rules Archon? lol!

And don't get me wrong Count, I'm not being arsey, I actually do feel a little happiness when I write something like that and you confirm that what I thought was right!

Hehe! I'm actually feeling quite flattered at being called 'rules Archon' Smile

Want a Scooby Snack?

The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Chain snares, freakish spectacle and Armor of Misery   Chain snares, freakish spectacle and Armor of Misery I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 02 2014, 16:49

SoB finger bones would be nicer...

My Club - MAD Wargaming

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chain snares, freakish spectacle and Armor of Misery   Chain snares, freakish spectacle and Armor of Misery I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chain snares, freakish spectacle and Armor of Misery
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-
Jump to: