THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

update on my conversions (with pics)

Go down 
+3
Crazy_Irish
Lord_Alino
Tattooudrew
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Tattooudrew
Hellion

update on my conversions (with pics) Empty
PostSubject: update on my conversions (with pics)   update on my conversions (with pics) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11 2014, 00:16

first off i have to say i love the technical paint blood for the blood god from gw... it really looks good on these minis. i only got the flesh done on these two, will add pics when finished first time using green stuff, I'm no sculpter (wish the eye woulda bin better but i think i can fix it with the paint job) but i like the way these came out so far for my coven army
update on my conversions (with pics) 10511210

update on my conversions (with pics) 10444310

update on my conversions (with pics) 10401310

update on my conversions (with pics) 10685610

the newer talos, think i did a better job then the last one i posted. this is the color scheme i will put on my raider and venom also.

update on my conversions (with pics) 10847810

update on my conversions (with pics) 10845910
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: update on my conversions (with pics)   update on my conversions (with pics) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11 2014, 00:21

That is some of the most beautiful fleshcrafting I've ever seen.
Back to top Go down
Tattooudrew
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: update on my conversions (with pics)   update on my conversions (with pics) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11 2014, 00:26

wow thx man, iv spent a lot of time painting up my army since I'm just getting back into the game. i really want a good looking army because i know i will be losing a lot so at least il look good while doing it.
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Irish
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: update on my conversions (with pics)   update on my conversions (with pics) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11 2014, 11:21

I can only add to what Lord Alino sad, that is some really nice crafting ;-) and the painting looks also really good. I like that the heamonculi construct in the front of the raider looks as if it is swimming...

And your paint job on the Talos is also really nice. Is it just dry brushing?

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: update on my conversions (with pics)   update on my conversions (with pics) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11 2014, 12:28

Thx again. Ya its all dry brushing an laying washes. I use 3 different reds to get the blend (always use at least 3 diff shades of a color to get nice blends)  I use 4 colors an I ink at two different times for the skin. Normally I start with the skin cuz it's the messiest. Then I re paint anything I got paint on that needs to b black. I then do my reds, then my metals, then greens then I add gloss to the green and blood to whatever.  When I dry brush I use a brush with thick bristles and small enough for the job. I put the paint on the brush then spin it around on my pallet until just about all the paint is off before I actually hit on the model. Takes a while but better to slowly build up the shades u want then botching it an starting all over. And for the blood on the raider venom an talos I use blood for the blood god that's it. Really glob it on and it will stay dark red instead of like a pink if u don't use enough an it drys to look super wet an narly
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: update on my conversions (with pics)   update on my conversions (with pics) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11 2014, 12:50

An alternative for blood is tamiya clear red - build it up in a couple of layers one as it is and one mixed with black wash - the way it dries you can stipple it when partially dry to create a really lumpy, gory effect.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Dragontree
Wych
Dragontree

PostSubject: Re: update on my conversions (with pics)   update on my conversions (with pics) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11 2014, 13:05

Can only repeat the love for the gory skin, fantastic stuff!

The_Burning_Eye wrote:
it's the Starsky and Hutch venom! but I'm kinda ok with that
Back to top Go down
Tattooudrew
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: update on my conversions (with pics)   update on my conversions (with pics) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11 2014, 23:41

so do you guys think i should continue with these conversions? because i am making a coven army it might look a lil weird when i start my kabal but I'm really diggn them... i got some tyranid players that are giving my some scything talons for my next conversions. i plan on doing something like this (one of the many references for conversions i found dunno who originated it)

update on my conversions (with pics) Conver10

update on my conversions (with pics) Dark_e10
Back to top Go down
Tattooudrew
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: update on my conversions (with pics)   update on my conversions (with pics) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11 2014, 23:48

update on my conversions (with pics) 10405210
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: update on my conversions (with pics)   update on my conversions (with pics) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12 2014, 00:35

Is that a giant eye in the cockpit? Wicked.

As for the sails - yes yes yes.

And with the raider - It looks cool so yeah, I'm in.
Back to top Go down
Tattooudrew
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: update on my conversions (with pics)   update on my conversions (with pics) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12 2014, 00:47

i figured since the dark eldar enslave every known species as it is a giant eye or bids parts wouldn't be a stretch to make sentient vehicles
Back to top Go down
Xalopec
Hellion
Xalopec

PostSubject: Re: update on my conversions (with pics)   update on my conversions (with pics) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24 2015, 23:20

Wow...it´s disgusting and fascinating...I love it!

How did you make the flesh? with green stuff?
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Irish
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: update on my conversions (with pics)   update on my conversions (with pics) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25 2015, 15:12

Wow, I really like the gondolier! Hah, great idea that I have to steal ;-)

Sybarite
Sigmaril

PostSubject: Re: update on my conversions (with pics)   update on my conversions (with pics) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25 2015, 18:40

I find them extremely repulsive and borderline nauseating.... So mission accomplished, I suppose Smile
Back to top Go down
Tattooudrew
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: update on my conversions (with pics)   update on my conversions (with pics) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30 2015, 19:09

ya its green stuff
Back to top Go down
Tattooudrew
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: update on my conversions (with pics)   update on my conversions (with pics) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30 2015, 19:09

still hoping to get some scything talons
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: update on my conversions (with pics)   update on my conversions (with pics) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

update on my conversions (with pics)
Page 1 of 1