THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Yeeman goes to Battle for the Mountain GT!

Go down 
3 posters

Who will win Battle #2?
Yeeman's Dark Eldar
Yeeman goes to Battle for the Mountain GT! Voteba1360%Yeeman goes to Battle for the Mountain GT! Voteba15
 60% [ 6 ]
Astra Militarum
Yeeman goes to Battle for the Mountain GT! Voteba1340%Yeeman goes to Battle for the Mountain GT! Voteba15
 40% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 10

AuthorMessage
SCP Yeeman
Sybarite

Yeeman goes to Battle for the Mountain GT! Empty
PostSubject: Yeeman goes to Battle for the Mountain GT!   Yeeman goes to Battle for the Mountain GT! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05 2015, 01:45

Man, real life sure gets in the way sometimes!  I am back and ready for Battle Report #2!  I will post this one up tomorrow which will give time to vote.  

My next game is vs Astra Militarum.

My Opponents list:

Command Squad w/ 2 Plasma Guns, other upgrades

Platoon Command w/ Plasma Guns
Platoon x30, x3 Plasma Guns, Melta Bombs

x1 Vendetta
x2 Vendettas
x2 Valkyries, Str. 8 AP 3 missiles (I believe)

Engineseer
x4 Servitors

Baneblade, basic variant

Now there are probably some upgrade I forgot some upgrades or a small unit, though I believe I have it right.  I can never remember it all with AM, they are tough with the upgrades.

So he has a Baneblade that I am sure will get repaired by the Servitors, and then overpower people with his air support.  This is tough as I can't kill all of those Fliers and they are perfectly good at killing me!  Plus, he has a Baneblade!

Primary Mission: Purge the Alien
Secondary Mission: Maelstorm

Deployment: Vanguard Strike

Nightfighting: Yes

First Turn: Astra Militarum

Yeeman Warlord Trait: Reroll Reserves, +1 Seize the Initiative

Combat Drug: +1 Toughness

Pregame Analysis:  So I think this is going to be tough.  My opponent has first turn and can unload with the Baneblade.  He can effectively kill a vehicle with each of his guns so I need to be sure to deploy out of range.  I don't have much of firepower outside of the Knight turn one, so getting out of range shouldn't be a problem.  My Fire Dragons will be able to take out the Baneblade, but if they fail, they will be destroyed and then the Baneblade will get repaired.  So I think I will have 1 chance at it.

The good thing for me is my opponent is very light on bodies.  Though it is KPs, I think killing 1 flier at a time will net me 2 KPs since everything is fully loaded.  But, he is not very mobile for objectives.  If he wants to capture, he has to either get out or Hover Mode his fliers.  If that is the case, I can kill those units.  Maelstorms I think will be my friend and winning without the Primary is my best bet.

Vote on the Poll and let me know who you think will win!
Back to top Go down
Unorthodoxy
Beating A Different Drummer
Unorthodoxy

PostSubject: Re: Yeeman goes to Battle for the Mountain GT!   Yeeman goes to Battle for the Mountain GT! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06 2015, 21:12

hm

Theres a reason I hate Forge World.

http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com/
Fraust
Hellion
Fraust

PostSubject: Re: Yeeman goes to Battle for the Mountain GT!   Yeeman goes to Battle for the Mountain GT! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06 2015, 21:37

Forgeworld? The baneblade I assume? Thought those were pretty standard (if weak, comparatively) lords of war...

Yeeman...good luck. I'm not sure it's going to be as rough as you think....least not because of the baneblade. Sure it can individually fire all it's weapons, but outside the heavy bolters those are all single shot weapons (unless they changed the BB drastically on me). Don't clump up vehicles and his two big cannons won't be able to take advantage of the markers.
Back to top Go down
SCP Yeeman
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Yeeman goes to Battle for the Mountain GT!   Yeeman goes to Battle for the Mountain GT! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07 2015, 18:21

Alright!  So going in I know I don't have the air superiority to win this, but having only a few relevant shots from the Vendettas to kill my vehicles is not the most reliable thing.  But we'll see how it goes!

First thing is first, I did not get a lot of early pictures in the game, I am trying to get better at remembering to take pictures at opportune times, so I apologize for the lack of pictures.  This will be a theme throughout, so hopefully next time the pictures will be better.

Deployment:
My opponent deploys his Banebladei n the corner, Engineseer w/ Servitors behind, and a 10 man squad out in the open.

I counter deploy and put the Grots and Knight on the edge of my Deployment to maximize distance.  I also reserve the Dragons, Fighters, and the Serpent (so it doesn't die before it can shoot at the fliers).  Guardians are on my corner objective.

So I cannot allow him to go first and unload 2 turns at least on my army with the Baneblade.  So I roll to Seize and with my Warlord Trait of +1, my 5 was good enough!  So I seize!

Yeeman Turn 1

Moving sees both Grot boats Flat Out on each side of his Baneblade.  Venoms shuffle to

I shoot what I can at the Guardsman in the open and kill 8/10, but they hold.  Wraithknight takes some useless shots at the Baneblade and do nothing.

So overall nothing too eventful, but having my Grots in his grill will help against the BB if the Dragons don't come in.  Also, the Knight is within striking distance as well.  I am very hopeful to down it next turn.

AM First Turn

No movement from my opponent.

Shooting commences and I believe my opponent is unsure what to shoot.  He knows the Wraithknight is a threat, and I believe is very scared of it.  He shoots the Lascannons, Demolisher, and the main cannon at it.  The Heavy Bolters try to blow a Grot Raider, but I jink them away.  When the smoke clears, the Wraithknight took 1 Wound!

Yeeman Turn 2

I get a Fighter and the Dragons Raider in.  I keep the other flier and Serpent off with my re-roll and Autarch combo.  I roll for DS and the Dragons hit dead on!  The Razorwing flies in towards his corner, in case I cant kill the BB or I can target the Guardsman.  Knight and 1 Grot squad moves up and disembarks.  Backfield units shuffle around to shoot at Seer w/ Servitors or the Guardsman.

Shooting from the Dragons blows the Baneblade for First Blood!  The Apoc Blast scatter back onto my opponents Seer and Servitors and kills them all!  It deal a wound to a Grotesque but nothing else.  

Yeeman goes to Battle for the Mountain GT! 10991367_654365650201_5443847827573027239_n

There used to be a Baneblade there I swear!

My Razorwing and Venoms take out the other 2 Guardsman, and right now my opponent is tabled and will lose if none of his Fliers come on the board.

Could not ask for a better turn as I killed everything of my opponents!

AM Turn 2

My opponent rolls, and fails to get in the HQ Vendetta!  He then rolls for the Valkyries and does not get them on! However, he rolls for the Vendettas and gets them! (So much for a short game!)

My opponent places the Vendettas in the same corner as my Guardians and nothing else.  (Not good by my opponent)  

Yeeman goes to Battle for the Mountain GT! 10387398_654365620261_4527608002954511611_n

Shooting seems my opponent take a couple wounds off of the Wraithknight.  That's it.

So far, I am unscathed and have not lost a model!  My opponent's target priority is bad and I know from this point forward, I have this game in the bag.

Yeeman Turn 3

Roll for reserves and get the other Fighter and the Serpent.  Serpent moves on the board ready to try and take out a Vendetta.  Fliers move in formation to shoot the Vendettas as well.  Dragons move over to shoot from the Raider and hope for a 6 but will be out of range.

Shooting commences and the Serpent and Fighters take out 1 Vendetta.  However, the squadron Jinked!  I move around to make sure I have multiple units on multiple objectives.

With the Fliers Jinking, the damage I will potentially receive can only come from Guardsman inside the fliers or the HQ Vendetta, I feel safe.

AM Turn 3

HQ Vendetta comes on where the Baneblade used to be.  The Valkyries come on in the same corner as the Vendettas.

Yeeman goes to Battle for the Mountain GT! 10483186_654365580341_8461070582769079932_n

His other fliers drops some guys off near my Serpent and fly away from my fliers.  You can see them toward the back of the next picture.

Yeeman goes to Battle for the Mountain GT! 10919000_654365535431_7749164642669525132_n

SHooting commences again and my opponent again want to shoot the Knight.  Doing another Wound. Valkyries do nothing. The Plasma guys shoot at my Serpent and cause a Glance.

Again, another turn and nothing of mine is killed!  This game is going downhill quickly for my opponent.

Yeeman Turn 4

1 flier flies off, and the other turns toward the HQ Vendetta. Dragons move to within striking range of the HQ Vendetta as well.  Everything else shuffles to make sure I have Secondaries and Primary.

Shooting comes and I kill the Guardsman with the Plasma near the Serpent.  I also shoot all that I can at the HQ Vendetta.  It Jinks, and I cause only 2 HPs to it but do immobilize it. It then crashes!.  The occupants spill out. My Serpent aims at the other Vendetta and blows it out of the sky!  Unfortunately for me it was empty.  My turn ends.

AM Turn 4

My opponent moves his Valkyries and puts them in Hover mode. and disembark their occupants.

His HQ shoots the Plasmas at the Raider near by.  It Jinks them away.  The Valkyries open up on the Guardians and kill 2-3.  The other occupants also shoot at the Serpent but cause no damage.

My opponent's turn ends.

I feel bad for my opponent.  I have only lost 2-3 models!

Yeeman Turn 5

Other flier comes on. Grotesques get out of their Raider to charge the HQ.  Everything else shuffles to try and get some shots at the fliers.  Guardians move towards one 10 man Guardsman squad.

Shooting commences and his Valkyries are strong Jinkers!  I don't kill either!  I mop up one unit of Guardsman from shooting.

In assault I charge the other Guardsman with the Guardians for fun.  Grots also charge the HQ.

Yeeman goes to Battle for the Mountain GT! 1508548_654365440621_6659894647655942677_n

Grotesques kill the HQ up in the top corner for Slay the Warlord!

Yeeman goes to Battle for the Mountain GT! 11014631_654365425651_734504995341950716_n

Guardians locked in CC with the Guardsman.

AM Turn 5

Time is nearly up, but my opponent pushes on!  Valkyries move forward to shoot the serpent with Hellstrike Missiles.

Valkyries shoot but I Jink them away.

Yeeman goes to Battle for the Mountain GT! 10959382_654365370761_4520289814683215445_n

CC continues with the death of the Guardsman by the Potters, Garbagemen, Gardeners, and street sweepers! I have Linebreaker with multiple units and my opponent scores it with his Valkyries.

Game Over!

Crushing Victory for the Dark Eldar!  10-1!

I know I don't have the Maelstorm total up for the turns.  My opponent did not want to keep count once I killed the Baneblade as I scored 3 points for killing it and he thought he couldn't win so he didn't want to keep count.  I rolled anyway and kept count for myself and at the end of Turn 5 I had 12 points!

Post Game Recap!
I was worried about my opponents list as I could not deal with his fliers.  However, my opponent's target priority was atrocious and proved to be his undoing.

Everything in my list worked the way it was supposed to and everything shined.

My MVP would have to be the Dragons for single-handily destroying the Baneblade.  I have them in there just for that purpose and I am glad it worked out!

Questions, comments, or anything are welcome.  I will throw up the poll for Game 3 Vs Dark Eldar tomorrow.  Hope you enjoyed!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yeeman goes to Battle for the Mountain GT!   Yeeman goes to Battle for the Mountain GT! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yeeman goes to Battle for the Mountain GT!
Page 1 of 1