THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

one of my Banshees

Go down 
+3
Saintspirit
Gobsmakked
GAR
7 posters
AuthorMessage
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

one of my Banshees Empty
PostSubject: one of my Banshees   one of my Banshees I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08 2011, 16:29

Sigh...this was a contender for a demon, but there is a flaw so I was bumped out of the top 5 for demon contention in 40k single.

one of my Banshees DSC00241

one of my Banshees DSC00242

one of my Banshees Youdaamrg
Back to top Go down
http://garness.blogspot.com/
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

one of my Banshees Empty
PostSubject: Re: one of my Banshees   one of my Banshees I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08 2011, 17:09

A flaw? I'll show them what a real 'flaw' looks like!

Seriously, it's an amazing model GAR and I'm sorry to hear that you were knocked out of contention.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

one of my Banshees Empty
PostSubject: Re: one of my Banshees   one of my Banshees I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08 2011, 19:45

I really prefer those older banshees to the current ones. And that is a great job, GAR. Too bad it wasn't enough (even if I'd say it is).

Painted: 2263pts

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

one of my Banshees Empty
PostSubject: Re: one of my Banshees   one of my Banshees I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08 2011, 19:50

A flaw? Like... it's GW model lol?
It's really good.
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

one of my Banshees Empty
PostSubject: Re: one of my Banshees   one of my Banshees I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14 2011, 09:07

I read part III of your painting masterclass today.
http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2011/09/40k-masterclass-painting-banshee-purple.html

First off, thank you very much GAR for sharing these. I completely agree with the instructors' sentiment that you should be teaching painting rather than being taught, although you are never too old to learn something new. I actually think that you and Gareth both could sell instructional DVD's or books on the topic.

Secondly, I read what the 'flaw' in question actually was. I was literally gobsmacked, that it was so minor and also completely unrelated to the quality of your painting. I honestly don't know how I would handle that, nor whether or not I could return the following year. That would simply depress the hell out of me.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
dizylizy
Hellion

one of my Banshees Empty
PostSubject: Re: one of my Banshees   one of my Banshees I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14 2011, 11:09

Can I ask what the flaw is? Or how I can find out?

Back to top Go down
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

one of my Banshees Empty
PostSubject: Re: one of my Banshees   one of my Banshees I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14 2011, 14:55

@Gobsmakked.

Thanks man. You are very kind in your praise and I am quite flattered.

I still have a long way to go to get where I want to be as a painter. I guess because i don't see myself as "that good" but competitive enough to have a chance in the larger contest makes it a little easier to not win. Its interesting, I used to be really bothered that I didn't win every contest I entered and then at one contest many years ago, I asked a judge what I needed to improve on in my painting to do better. He told me nothing. I was the best painter he had ever seen, but the reason I lost to another entry was the other entry had custom decals and he liked those better than my freehand work. "I just think they are cool" were his exact words.

At that point I had a huge mental shift. I realized it didn't matter how good I was, ultimately it was up to the judges and whether they had a lick of sense about painting or not. So now when I enter a contest, I have to know that I did my best at the time and that would have to be good enough. I never paint a figure for a contest thinking that I am not going to do my very best.

@dizylizy.
The flaw is there is a tiny little gap between the foot and the top of the post the figure is standing on. Its barely visible and you really can't see it unless you hold it up to the light.

Back to top Go down
Phototoxin
Kabalite Warrior
Phototoxin

one of my Banshees Empty
PostSubject: Re: one of my Banshees   one of my Banshees I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14 2011, 14:59

That sucks dude Sad
Sorry to hear. I see what you mean - the foot is slightly 'higher' than it should be.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joerogers.info
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

one of my Banshees Empty
PostSubject: Re: one of my Banshees   one of my Banshees I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14 2011, 15:03

@Phototoxin

Thanks! Its not the end of the world. I did win my second demon there in the LOTR single category. So its not like I came home empty handed. Smile cheers

Back to top Go down
SirTainly
Sybarite
SirTainly

one of my Banshees Empty
PostSubject: Re: one of my Banshees   one of my Banshees I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15 2011, 21:04

Love the fading from pink to shadow..too bad you got bumped out though. Tough crowd or what?

Back to top Go down
http://fortwargame.blogspot.com/
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

one of my Banshees Empty
PostSubject: Re: one of my Banshees   one of my Banshees I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15 2011, 21:06

Thanks Sir Tainly, glad you like.

For what it is worth, speaking of tough crowds, I think a buddy of mine and I counted 12 different slayer sword winners there and several dozen demon winners.

I consider my self thankful to even have been in contention.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

one of my Banshees Empty
PostSubject: Re: one of my Banshees   one of my Banshees I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

one of my Banshees
Page 1 of 1