THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

I'm on a quest for Howling Banshees

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

I'm on a quest for Howling Banshees Empty
PostSubject: I'm on a quest for Howling Banshees   I'm on a quest for Howling Banshees I_icon_minitimeFri May 26 2017, 04:28

I need me some more Howling Banshees, but like all things that should be easy and straightforward with GW, there's a problem. Banshees are expensive ($42 USD for 6), the resin ones are fragile, and the pewter ones are only on ebay where they can be even more expensive! Also, while nice models, they clash horribly with more modern sculpts as they were from the potato era of sculpts. To this end, I am endeavoring to create kitbashed Howling Banshees:

I'm on a quest for Howling Banshees 20170510

This girl was made from a Scourge body and legs, a Witch Elf head and hair, and Harlequin arms. Overall, I'm very pleased with her. The Scourge parts give her a dynamic pose, the Harlequin bits don't look at all out of place, the Sister of Slaughter mask works as good substitute, and most of all, there's the hair. The codex says the Howling Banshees get their power from their masks but we really know it comes from their big hair. That's why Jain Zar is the best Howling Banshee, she has the biggest hair.. Witch Elves have some darned big hair and it works so well for Banshee hair. The only thing I'm on the fence about is the vials on her back. The Scourge vials make her look bulky, and they're easy to clip off, but at the same time they seem to add something to the character of the model.

Now unfortunately the Scourge box only has 2 boobplates. I have more boobplate from Kabalite kits, but the dynamic pose is absolutely essential. The Harlequin boxes come with a bazillion extra pistols and swords so there is no shortage of those, but the Sisters of Slaughter only have but so many Banshee masks between them. I'm sure some Harlequin heads could be used for the purpose, but now we're going from "this looks good" to "this might work". Harlequins aren't armored enough to pass as Banshees, but the Witch Elves might be possible to cut and spruce up a bit.

If anyone has any suggestions for Howling Banshee conversions please let me know, I'm open to experiment with different kits.

Flawless pieces of literary perfection:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2805979/
Back to top Go down
carnosaur93
Slave
carnosaur93

PostSubject: Re: I'm on a quest for Howling Banshees   I'm on a quest for Howling Banshees I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 25 2017, 03:41

i know its abit of a late reply, but i got some ideas on this... kabalite torsoes should work quite well, i'd personally say no vials would be better, and then you are kinda just left with a more expensive kabalite torso. BUT i'd say for the more heavily armored aspect look, maybe guardians would be better? if you can get a hold of enough female ones, you could also use the arms from those and simply snip the hands at the wrists to swap out for harlaquin ones for sword+pistol but with more armor

for more masks how about making a one-side push mold of one? you can make the mold from greenstuff as long as you lube it up for casting (and when pressing in the master), and you only really need the face, right? which makes a push mold a perfect and easy solution

hope any of that helps
Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: I'm on a quest for Howling Banshees   I'm on a quest for Howling Banshees I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 25 2017, 04:26

Does it need to be a full mask? I plan on using hellion heads with those rebreathers. I know they should have helmets and all though. Or those "deathmask" kabalite heads
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm on a quest for Howling Banshees   I'm on a quest for Howling Banshees I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm on a quest for Howling Banshees
Page 1 of 1