THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1000 and 1500 points, Dark Eldar, Dark Eldar/Harlequins

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mngwa
Wych
Mngwa

1000 and 1500 points, Dark Eldar, Dark Eldar/Harlequins Empty
PostSubject: 1000 and 1500 points, Dark Eldar, Dark Eldar/Harlequins   1000 and 1500 points, Dark Eldar, Dark Eldar/Harlequins I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26 2015, 14:23

So first off, neither of these lists will be aimed to be super competitive (= I know that they are kinda bad in some ways). I am also going on with models that I have and want to use.
I would love to hear suggestions on what would you (the reader) change, and possibly how would you deploy and act with these armies. Nothing too drastic though (i.e 50% of my units changed to something else or new detachments)

I am planning on getting some games after a long while of not playing, and also possibly finally trying out the harlequins (...haven't painted any yet, so that's gonna still take a while)

Dark Eldar, 998 points:

HQ
Haemonculus
Stinger pistol, The Parasite's Kiss

Elites
2 Incubi
Klaivex
- Venom
Upgraded Splinter Cannon

5 Kabalite Trueborn
3 Blasters
- Venom
Upgraded Splinter Cannon

Troops x2
Kabalite Warriors, 10 man each
All splinter rifles
- Raider
Both with Dark Lances

Fast Attack
3 Reavers
Cluster caltrop

Heavy Support
Ravager
3 Dark Lances, Nightshield

Talos
Twin-Linked Liquifier gun, Twin-Linked Splinter Cannon

Thoughts/Plans:
- Gunslinger haemonculus (I can't go on with my life without fielding one someday) tags with incubi, possibly eats up overwatch
- Talos advance. Talos good boy.
- Reavers for objectives and for targets of opportunity

Possible list changes (feel free to suggest other things too, or to support any of these):
- Drop the Liquifier gun on Talos? Maybe a ranged weapon?
- Switch Haemonculus to a Succubus /w glaive? Or an archon?
- Switch Blasterborn for Scourges? If so, haywire or heat lance (let's not talk which one is better overall, but which one could be stronger for this list)?
- Drop the caltrops? Or more reavers and caltrops?
- Splinter Racks/Night Shields on raiders?

Dark Eldar/Harlequins, 1500 points:

HQ
Haemonculus
Stinger pistol, The Parasite's Kiss

Succubus
Archite glaive, The Armour of Misery

Elites
2 Incubi
Klaivex
- Venom
Upgraded Splinter Cannon

3 Mandrakes

Troops x2
Kabalite Warriors, 10 man each
Splinter cannon in each
- Raider
Both with Dark Lances

Fast Attack
6 Reavers
2 Cluster caltrops
Arena Champion

5 Scourges
4 Haywire blasters

Heavy Support
Ravager
3 Dark Lances, Nightshield

Talos
Twin-Linked Liquifier gun, Twin-Linked Splinter Cannon

Cast of Players
Death Jester
- HWG
Shadowseer
- lvl2, Mask of Secrets
5 Players
- 2 Kisses
Troupe Master
- Caress, HWG

Thoughts/Plans:
- Succubus goes with the Troupe, LD-debuffs everywhere! Death Jester should help them get a charge
- Talos supporting ^
- Incubi as a flanking little unit
- Mandrakes (!!) to sit somewhere. Maybe eat up overwatch for any of the units mentioned above

Possible list changes (feel free to suggest other things too, or to support any of these):
- Everything mentioned in the previous list, with following differences:
-- Drop the haemonculus altogether for just the succubus, and/or switch succubus for an archon?
-- Switch Scourges to Blasterborn (instead of the other way around)?
- Drop any of the unit leaders? (incubi and reavers)
- Changes to Troupe's loadout? HWGs?
- Raider for Troupe? (I feel like my judgement was clouded when I rather got another HQ instead of immediately thinking this one)
- Starweaver as a dedicated transport (incubi could borrow it)?
- Webway portal for Succubus?
- More/less Mandrakes?
- Drop the incubi?
- Drop the Talos for another Ravager?
- Warrior loadouts?
- Ditch the troupe, go for solitaire/shadowseer/jester?
- Make my gunslinger haemonculus jealous by getting the Crescendo on the Troupe Master?

THE CULT OF THE BURNING LEAF

THE COVEN OF THE HOLLOWED
Back to top Go down
ndphoto
Hellion
ndphoto

PostSubject: Re: 1000 and 1500 points, Dark Eldar, Dark Eldar/Harlequins   1000 and 1500 points, Dark Eldar, Dark Eldar/Harlequins I_icon_minitimeFri May 01 2015, 22:19

Hi, I'm just about to venture into 40k for the first time ( I usually play fantasy) and I'm getting a Dark eldar army. I'm looking to start with 1500pts and your list here sounds interesting, have you tried it out yet?
Back to top Go down
Mngwa
Wych
Mngwa

PostSubject: Re: 1000 and 1500 points, Dark Eldar, Dark Eldar/Harlequins   1000 and 1500 points, Dark Eldar, Dark Eldar/Harlequins I_icon_minitimeSat May 02 2015, 18:25

ndphoto wrote:
Hi, I'm just about to venture into 40k for the first time ( I usually play fantasy) and I'm getting a Dark eldar army. I'm looking to start with 1500pts and your list here sounds interesting, have you tried it out yet?

I haven't tried it out yet, and I have actually been thinking about replacing the troupe with the triple character formation instead. But I will still have to think about it (as well as paint the miniatures). I will try to include a gunslinger haemonculus though. Another idea that passed my head is Urien Rakarth.

THE CULT OF THE BURNING LEAF

THE COVEN OF THE HOLLOWED
Back to top Go down
LanceDarkstrong
Slave
LanceDarkstrong

PostSubject: Re: 1000 and 1500 points, Dark Eldar, Dark Eldar/Harlequins   1000 and 1500 points, Dark Eldar, Dark Eldar/Harlequins I_icon_minitimeSat May 02 2015, 22:57

If you are gonna go Harlequin I really think you have to get them into a deep striking transport. Being able to drop the harlequin formation and get them into cc before they get shot to bits.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1000 and 1500 points, Dark Eldar, Dark Eldar/Harlequins   1000 and 1500 points, Dark Eldar, Dark Eldar/Harlequins I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1000 and 1500 points, Dark Eldar, Dark Eldar/Harlequins
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: