THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Haemonculus Covens

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
omkara
Kabalite Warrior
omkara

Haemonculus Covens  Empty
PostSubject: Haemonculus Covens    Haemonculus Covens  I_icon_minitimeTue May 05 2015, 16:16

I'm guessing that by now quite a lot of you have been playing with army lists consisting entirely out of Haemonculus Coven units and I'm wondering what your experiences and thoughts are with this.

The only potential downside I can think of is that they don't have their own personal Flying Vehicle which will always mean snapshotting at other flyers, but perhaps, even on tournaments, people on average don't take that many flyers with them to be considered more than an annoyance for the almost immortal Coven.

Back to top Go down
Deamon
Sybarite
Deamon

PostSubject: Re: Haemonculus Covens    Haemonculus Covens  I_icon_minitimeTue May 05 2015, 16:20

I tried it and mechanized lists are a bigger issue than flyers imo. Beside HWB on Talos, you're pretty much forced to destroy tanks in assault (I don't count DL on raiders since we all know they never do anything :p). Talos usually too slow for that so you have to rely on Grotesques. Wrecking a transport in assault sucks because it leaves the content mostly intact and free to shoot you off the table...
Back to top Go down
omkara
Kabalite Warrior
omkara

PostSubject: Re: Haemonculus Covens    Haemonculus Covens  I_icon_minitimeTue May 05 2015, 16:44

Deamon wrote:
I tried it and mechanized lists are a bigger issue than flyers imo.  Beside HWB on Talos, you're pretty much forced to destroy tanks in assault (I don't count DL on raiders since we all know they never do anything :p).  Talos usually too slow for that so you have to rely on Grotesques.  Wrecking a transport in assault sucks because it leaves the content mostly intact and free to shoot you off the table...

I'm still debating in my head whether to go for HWB or TLHL on the Talos. Especially in combination with the Corpsethief Claw unit, mathhammer dictates the following:

TLHL (outside of Melta range) removes 0.625 Hull Points
TLHL (within Melta range) removes 2.708 Hull Points
TLHB removes 3.125 Hull Points

You'd assume TLHB to be the clear winner, but I do consider the potential damage the TLHL can cause on MEQ and TEQ, whereas the TLHB not so much. The counter-argument would be that, it might prove difficult for a unit, with normal movement, to get within 9" for the Melta range which is where the 24" of the TLHB is vastly superior.

I also don't give Raider DL's, because I like the 3 DC shots actually a bit better against MEQ and TEQ and you can actually use the DC's against transport to crack it open from afar to make sure the costly and precious Grotesque's don't waste their wounds as with the example you gave.

But yeah, so mechanized units are a pain in their immortal asses. Did you leave it at that or what would be the best way to deal with this problem if you're hellbent on staying through to the Heaemonculus Coven-only themed army?

(I'm almost tempted to say that, considering Scourges are a product of the Haemonculi, they perhaps should have a place among the Covens as well, or at the very least create Wracks with wings and Ossefactors with Armourbane, and just as the Swooping Hawks have Intercept).

Intercept: At the end of the Movement phase, a model with this special rule can make one Attack against an enemy Flyer or Flying Monstrous Creature that it moved over that turn. The Attack hits on a roll of 4+, and is resolved at Strength 4 AP4 with the Haywire special rule. Flyers are hit on their side armour.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Haemonculus Covens    Haemonculus Covens  I_icon_minitimeTue May 05 2015, 23:10

I am undefeated since December. That being said, in competitive events I prefer to ally with DE, Harlies, and/or CWE. Still, HC make up the bulk of my Freakshow lists.
Back to top Go down
omkara
Kabalite Warrior
omkara

PostSubject: Re: Haemonculus Covens    Haemonculus Covens  I_icon_minitimeWed May 06 2015, 10:43

Well that's good to read. I somehow can't bring myself to ally with other armies, even though the regular Dark Eldar are forgivable if I would. The more I've been looking into it, the more I realize Haemonculus Coven is the way to go for me, even if I'd never win a single battle.

PostSubject: Re: Haemonculus Covens    Haemonculus Covens  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Haemonculus Covens
Page 1 of 1