THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

identify this miniature?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
antagonist
Slave
antagonist

identify this miniature? Empty
PostSubject: identify this miniature?   identify this miniature? I_icon_minitimeWed May 20 2015, 19:20

Hey all, I'm having trouble finding out who this is? Has anyone seen her before?
Thanks!identify this miniature? Img_2010
Back to top Go down
Angus Khan
Slave
Angus Khan

PostSubject: Re: identify this miniature?   identify this miniature? I_icon_minitimeWed May 20 2015, 19:38

Well the arms are wych arms (you probably already knew that), the head is from the dark elf sorceress (from WH Fantasy), and at the angle its at, I can't tell what the body is from.  Possibly the dark elf sorceress as well.
Back to top Go down
antagonist
Slave
antagonist

PostSubject: Re: identify this miniature?   identify this miniature? I_icon_minitimeWed May 20 2015, 19:39

So its a conversion!! That's why I couldn't find her! It was really well done!
Back to top Go down
Angus Khan
Slave
Angus Khan

PostSubject: Re: identify this miniature?   identify this miniature? I_icon_minitimeWed May 20 2015, 20:04

Yup, totally a conversion.

And looking at it more, I'm pretty convinced the body is from the dark elf sorceress... Compare the bottom of the skirt/cloth near her ankles to the picture on their webstore.
Back to top Go down
stilgar27
Sybarite
stilgar27

PostSubject: Re: identify this miniature?   identify this miniature? I_icon_minitimeThu May 21 2015, 17:15

From the look of it it's definitely a dark elf sorceress, as pictured here.

http://www.terminally-incoherent.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/sorc.jpg

It's hard to see the trunk of the body from your pic but pay attention to the tiara and hair, as well as the feet/bottom of the loincloth.

How about the metal model at the core of this one?  I found it on the bottom of a bits box and the head/banner were already cut off so I added my version of syndriq's sump and the vexator mask.  

He looks a lot like a scrawny wrack and his apron has scalpels, vials, and scissors hanging from it.  I haven't been able to find anything quite like him and I suspect he's not citadel/GW, but I'd really like to have a few more (preferably without the banner pole).

identify this miniature? 20150521_120654_1
image upload no ads

Last edited by stilgar27 on Thu May 21 2015, 17:21; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixed a mistake)
Back to top Go down
Angus Khan
Slave
Angus Khan

PostSubject: Re: identify this miniature?   identify this miniature? I_icon_minitimeThu May 21 2015, 20:04

stilgar27 wrote:
How about the metal model at the core of this one?  I found it on the bottom of a bits box and the head/banner were already cut off so I added my version of syndriq's sump and the vexator mask.  

He looks a lot like a scrawny wrack and his apron has scalpels, vials, and scissors hanging from it.  I haven't been able to find anything quite like him and I suspect he's not citadel/GW, but I'd really like to have a few more (preferably without the banner pole).

identify this miniature? 20150521_120654_1
image upload no ads

Well, my first thought was warmahordes or Malifaux... but I wasn't able to find a model similar. My next thought was Rakham's now defunct Confrontation line, but I couldn't find it there either.

Its possible I missed something in one of those three lines, so feel free to double check me, but as of right now I have no idea. Sorry. :/
Back to top Go down
stilgar27
Sybarite
stilgar27

PostSubject: Re: identify this miniature?   identify this miniature? I_icon_minitimeSat May 23 2015, 03:27

Thanks for the effort.  I've asked a couple other places and no-one else seems to know either.  It'd probably be a lot easier if he had been intact in the first place, but I'm not complaining as he's going to serve my needs pretty much perfectly.

I'm actually kind of encouraged that there are enough mini makers out there that you can find a high detail model, and absolutely no idea where it came from.

I dare say this guy (where ever he came from) may have served as the influence for the current wracks.  He pre-dates them (I've bought the box I found him in years ago) and although I didn't take pictures of his back he has exposed spinal growth so prominent in them.  The transfusion feeds from Syndriq actually feed into a chunk of spine protruding from between his shoulder blades.
Back to top Go down
Angus Khan
Slave
Angus Khan

PostSubject: Re: identify this miniature?   identify this miniature? I_icon_minitimeSat May 23 2015, 05:04

stilgar27 wrote:
Thanks for the effort.  I've asked a couple other places and no-one else seems to know either.  It'd probably be a lot easier if he had been intact in the first place, but I'm not complaining as he's going to serve my needs pretty much perfectly.

I'm actually kind of encouraged that there are enough mini makers out there that you can find a high detail model, and absolutely no idea where it came from.

I dare say this guy (where ever he came from) may have served as the influence for the current wracks.  He pre-dates them (I've bought the box I found him in years ago) and although I didn't take pictures of his back he has exposed spinal growth so prominent in them.  The transfusion feeds from Syndriq actually feed into a chunk of spine protruding from between his shoulder blades.

I'm asking some of my friends (one of whom owns a FLGS), so don't give up hope just yet.
Back to top Go down
Calyptra
Wych
Calyptra

PostSubject: Re: identify this miniature?   identify this miniature? I_icon_minitimeSat May 23 2015, 05:50

It is a Rackham model from Confrontation: one of the Dirz Halberdiers from the Alchemists of Dirz.

(I thought it looked like Rackham, so I found this site and spent a little while clicking through it. The Confrontation models were so nice. It was tragic what happened to them.)

Back to top Go down
stilgar27
Sybarite
stilgar27

PostSubject: Re: identify this miniature?   identify this miniature? I_icon_minitimeSun May 24 2015, 14:53

Calyptra wrote:
It is a Rackham model from Confrontation: one of the Dirz Halberdiers from the Alchemists of Dirz.

(I thought it looked like Rackham, so I found this site and spent a little while clicking through it. The Confrontation models were so nice. It was tragic what happened to them.)

Awesome - Thanks

Like I said it'd have been a lot easier if he was intact, as I was looking for a model with a banner and not a halberd.  It is a shame that these guys disappeared so quick, I'm pretty old school and love metal models.

The clones especially look like they'd make a good edition to a coven - too bad they've become rare as it means I'm unlikely to find any cheap.

At least I know what to watch for on now ebay though
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: identify this miniature?   identify this miniature? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

identify this miniature?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: