THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Grotesques. Raider or WWP?

Go down 
+8
lament.config
der-al
Klaivex Charondyr
Deamon
mightydoughnut
Jimsolo
Ispa
Painjunky
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Painjunky
Wych
Painjunky

Grotesques. Raider or WWP? Empty
PostSubject: Grotesques. Raider or WWP?   Grotesques. Raider or WWP? I_icon_minitimeTue May 26 2015, 04:29

Raider pros - Huge movement range with sails
                   Grots can often charge turn 2
                   Adds to target saturation
                   Adds another (albeit flimsy) layer of protection for the Grots

Raider cons - Grots can be stranded if raider is destroyed/immobilised before it moves
                   Limited to 5 tho usually 4 Grots

WWP pros - Unlimited range
                  Can transport a huge unit. Up to 10 Grots + Characters
                  WWP is cheaper than raider + sails

WWP cons - May not arrive until turn 4
                 Can charge turn 3 earliest, turn 5 latest
                 Lots of points off the table not doing anything

Both options get the job done but i'm curious which is your fav and why?

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Ispa
Hellion
Ispa

PostSubject: Re: Grotesques. Raider or WWP?   Grotesques. Raider or WWP? I_icon_minitimeTue May 26 2015, 04:44

Personally i am a fan of the raider delivery system. mainly because you can charge turn 2 most of the time.
WWP would be better if we had reliable reserve manipulation.

Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Grotesques. Raider or WWP?   Grotesques. Raider or WWP? I_icon_minitimeTue May 26 2015, 05:10

Both. 4 Grots in each raider plus a character with a WWP.
Back to top Go down
mightydoughnut
Sybarite
mightydoughnut

PostSubject: Re: Grotesques. Raider or WWP?   Grotesques. Raider or WWP? I_icon_minitimeTue May 26 2015, 14:57

I personally go with Raider, but only because I let them start on board for first turn charge lulz or point taking, if need be. WWP Grots are also good, just for different reasons - they are pefect for unexpected drop on a point, while generating fcukhuge threat range around them.

Deamon
Sybarite
Deamon

PostSubject: Re: Grotesques. Raider or WWP?   Grotesques. Raider or WWP? I_icon_minitimeTue May 26 2015, 16:19

If your army is built around null deployment, both can work (but if they footslog they are better in larger units)

If you plan to start most of your army on the table you are better off with raider since you also want them on the table to charge turn 2.
Back to top Go down
Klaivex Charondyr
Wych
Klaivex Charondyr

PostSubject: Re: Grotesques. Raider or WWP?   Grotesques. Raider or WWP? I_icon_minitimeTue May 26 2015, 16:52

Raider.
So I can choose if i DS reserve them or start on the field without spending too much points.
I would go for the WWP if I want a really big unit (which kind of defeats the purpose of their rampage)
Back to top Go down
der-al
Hellion
der-al

PostSubject: Re: Grotesques. Raider or WWP?   Grotesques. Raider or WWP? I_icon_minitimeTue May 26 2015, 20:52

Raider every time (I’ve never used WWP with them), mainly for the reasons above (turn two charge and another layer of protection) but also for two other reasons.

First other reason: with a raider you can get an additional 6” of movement before they charge (move raider 6”, disembark another 6” and then charge)

Second other reason: I like to use my WWP HQs for shooty units such as heat lance Scourges, Fire Dragons and I’m not too embarrassed to admit even wraith cannon Wraithguard. To me it’s wasteful DSing a close combat unit for them to just sit on their hands for a turn.
Back to top Go down
lament.config
Sybarite
lament.config

PostSubject: Re: Grotesques. Raider or WWP?   Grotesques. Raider or WWP? I_icon_minitimeTue May 26 2015, 21:06

I've been raider all the way. So far they have only gotten stranded once. LoS blocking terrain good to hide behind on turn 1. Just watch out for the ignores cover fire as usually and then turbo boost towards a target. Even if they blow up the raider it will be close enough to something and grots aren't bothered by exploding raiders like wyches.
Back to top Go down
MarcoAvrelis
Kabalite Warrior
MarcoAvrelis

PostSubject: Re: Grotesques. Raider or WWP?   Grotesques. Raider or WWP? I_icon_minitimeTue May 26 2015, 22:11

If I use one big blob, I choose the WWP, simply to put them as a "Panic Causing Anvil" in the middle of either the enemies line, where I want my enemy to be or where I don't want my enemy to be, depending on army and player I'm facing.

A big unit is tough, and although expensive, quite a distraction/tarpit.

Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

PostSubject: Re: Grotesques. Raider or WWP?   Grotesques. Raider or WWP? I_icon_minitimeTue May 26 2015, 23:22

MarcoAvrelis wrote:
If I use one big blob, I choose the WWP, simply to put them as a "Panic Causing Anvil" in the middle of either the enemies line, where I want my enemy to be or where I don't want my enemy to be, depending on army and player I'm facing.

A big unit is tough, and although expensive, quite a distraction/tarpit.

Ditto. Big anvil units? Wwp. Hammer Units go in raiders. Of late I've been using DA formation for the anvil.
Back to top Go down
Dirtydeeds
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Grotesques. Raider or WWP?   Grotesques. Raider or WWP? I_icon_minitimeWed May 27 2015, 18:58

U use both in my current lost, u put 4 grots and a haemie in a raider to act as a back field "Big Brother", and my large unit WWPs in with a fusion gun autarch and a farseer.
Back to top Go down
Leninade
Kabalite Warrior
Leninade

PostSubject: Re: Grotesques. Raider or WWP?   Grotesques. Raider or WWP? I_icon_minitimeFri May 29 2015, 22:28

Raider. WWP ensures you get a turn 3 charge at the earliest
Back to top Go down
Deamon
Sybarite
Deamon

PostSubject: Re: Grotesques. Raider or WWP?   Grotesques. Raider or WWP? I_icon_minitimeFri May 29 2015, 22:45

Like I said, I prefer to run them in raiders for that very reason but a large unit of Grotesques with a WWP caddy will influence your opponent even while they are still in reserve. They need to take into account that you're about to deepstrike that scary unit in his backfield.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grotesques. Raider or WWP?   Grotesques. Raider or WWP? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grotesques. Raider or WWP?
Page 1 of 1