THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

New Warhammer - Age of Sigmar models, first pics leaked

Go down 
+5
Lord_Alino
Ciirian
T.D.
CurstAlchemist
Gobsmakked
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

New Warhammer - Age of Sigmar models, first pics leaked Empty
PostSubject: New Warhammer - Age of Sigmar models, first pics leaked   New Warhammer - Age of Sigmar models, first pics leaked I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26 2015, 17:05

These new models are excellent, as we have come to expect from GW, but the whole Muhreenz-in-Fantasy vibe coupled with the shift to round bases and the major re-setting of the whole WFB storyline and timeframe is not sitting well with a number of people.

Certainly good good for the hobby side of things. Could be good for the game, could be disappointing, could even be the 40K-isation of Fantasy. Who knows?

I am just about to dip my toe into Fantasy for the very first time with Skaven, so this will be fascinating to watch as it all unfolds this summer.

https://clankhorvaak.wordpress.com/2015/06/26/rumorspreview-age-of-sigmar-model-leaks/

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: New Warhammer - Age of Sigmar models, first pics leaked   New Warhammer - Age of Sigmar models, first pics leaked I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26 2015, 17:22

Thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: New Warhammer - Age of Sigmar models, first pics leaked   New Warhammer - Age of Sigmar models, first pics leaked I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26 2015, 21:22

GW's starter sets are usually very good value for money, and this one looks good model-wise so far. I am very tempted to get it as part of my entry into the Fantasy side of Warhammer, but it will depend on the final cost and what else you get in the set, obviously.

Further down the road, there is plenty of conversion scope for these models once I have learnt the game. I am not interested in Blood Angels at all, but I do like the look of those wings for a Raven Guard project. I am also not into Khorne, but I am slowly building a CSM army with plenty of DV Cultists, and these Cultists would fit right in without much work. The other, non-Cultist models have lots of potential.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
T.D.
Slave
T.D.

PostSubject: Re: New Warhammer - Age of Sigmar models, first pics leaked   New Warhammer - Age of Sigmar models, first pics leaked I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27 2015, 18:58

More shots of the new Chapter:

New Warhammer - Age of Sigmar models, first pics leaked C918910892008357ad4a62f97a68073f

New Warhammer - Age of Sigmar models, first pics leaked 10c168eefd98ccf2f5a241d053efcc65
Back to top Go down
Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

PostSubject: Re: New Warhammer - Age of Sigmar models, first pics leaked   New Warhammer - Age of Sigmar models, first pics leaked I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27 2015, 21:45

Depending on the cost I would really like the Khorne models from this set.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: New Warhammer - Age of Sigmar models, first pics leaked   New Warhammer - Age of Sigmar models, first pics leaked I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27 2015, 22:27

Sanguinius approves this post.
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: New Warhammer - Age of Sigmar models, first pics leaked   New Warhammer - Age of Sigmar models, first pics leaked I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28 2015, 10:26

I hate these humans.
When I first saw these models I had to do a double take because I thought they were a Warmachine thing. They really don't look "Warhammer" to me.
On top of that these human models look really clunky sand ridiculous.

THe Chaos stuff does actually look slightly more reasonable and interesting.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Dragontree
Wych
Dragontree

PostSubject: Re: New Warhammer - Age of Sigmar models, first pics leaked   New Warhammer - Age of Sigmar models, first pics leaked I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28 2015, 15:52

I really like the sigmar models and will be looking for that half on ebay so I can use them in my blood angels army!

The_Burning_Eye wrote:
it's the Starsky and Hutch venom! but I'm kinda ok with that
Back to top Go down
Calyptra
Wych
Calyptra

PostSubject: Re: New Warhammer - Age of Sigmar models, first pics leaked   New Warhammer - Age of Sigmar models, first pics leaked I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30 2015, 00:02

I liked Warhammer.

I don't think I want anything to do with this thing.

Back to top Go down
Scrz
Sybarite
Scrz

PostSubject: Re: New Warhammer - Age of Sigmar models, first pics leaked   New Warhammer - Age of Sigmar models, first pics leaked I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30 2015, 07:16

Expressionless face masks and oversized armor... Basically space marines without guns. When the first reaction is "Oooh I want to cannibalize this for 40k conversions" that is a pretty bad sign. ( maybe good for profits? )
If they have an option in the box for bare heads, it might turn out ok but if not :Clean, polished, soulless, boring. Even more so than regular empire ever was. Not that I mind since there are no 'umies in my fantasy meta. Except for the odd renaimated one of course.  farao
That aside, I'm loving the cultist/chaos side!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Warhammer - Age of Sigmar models, first pics leaked   New Warhammer - Age of Sigmar models, first pics leaked I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Warhammer - Age of Sigmar models, first pics leaked
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DISCUSSION

:: Other News & Rumours
-
Jump to: