THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

What Space Marine Chapter do you play/collect?

Go down 
+9
Squidmaster
Count Adhemar
Dragontree
thesaltedwound
Azdrubael
Lord_Alino
Jimsolo
Calyptra
CurstAlchemist
13 posters
AuthorMessage
CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

What Space Marine Chapter do you play/collect? Empty
PostSubject: What Space Marine Chapter do you play/collect?   What Space Marine Chapter do you play/collect? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05 2015, 04:27

In the Splintermind Episode 13 thread Calyptra asked a question that got me curious as well. What Space Marine chapters do the other Dark Eldar Players here play/collect?

At this point I don't have any Space Marines. I've been throwing around the idea of building a 31k Imperial Fist Army but that will of course be expensive and most likely come after I've achieved my goal of 2500 points of Dark Eldar, 1000 points of Harlequins, and 1000 points of Eldar Corsairs.

So what about everyone else, what Space Marine Chapter do you play, collect or are you thinking of building?

Last edited by CurstAlchemist on Sun Jul 05 2015, 06:52; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Calyptra
Wych
Calyptra

PostSubject: Re: What Space Marine Chapter do you play/collect?   What Space Marine Chapter do you play/collect? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05 2015, 06:47

Howling Griffons.

Though "play" might be overstating our relationship a bit.

Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: What Space Marine Chapter do you play/collect?   What Space Marine Chapter do you play/collect? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05 2015, 06:52

There changed it for you. Smile
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: What Space Marine Chapter do you play/collect?   What Space Marine Chapter do you play/collect? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05 2015, 06:53

Drop Pod Salamanders, my first army.

I started DE because I wanted a bigger challenge, and a radically different army, and it has since become my primary.

But I still love my boys in green.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: What Space Marine Chapter do you play/collect?   What Space Marine Chapter do you play/collect? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05 2015, 07:56

Crimson Fists. Don't play them and never will but I like the color scheme and the fluff.
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: What Space Marine Chapter do you play/collect?   What Space Marine Chapter do you play/collect? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05 2015, 11:19

Dark Angels. Started with Dark Vengeance.
They are as second home army, for friends.

thesaltedwound
Sybarite
thesaltedwound

PostSubject: Re: What Space Marine Chapter do you play/collect?   What Space Marine Chapter do you play/collect? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06 2015, 15:09

Dark Angels for me too. The models have always been beautiful and my first gaming buddy had space wolves, so it sped up our marine v marine games!

Dragontree
Wych
Dragontree

PostSubject: Re: What Space Marine Chapter do you play/collect?   What Space Marine Chapter do you play/collect? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06 2015, 15:31

Blood Angels (including a separate Death Company Army) and Black Templars. I like punching things.

The_Burning_Eye wrote:
it's the Starsky and Hutch venom! but I'm kinda ok with that
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: What Space Marine Chapter do you play/collect?   What Space Marine Chapter do you play/collect? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06 2015, 15:46

Blood Angels for me too. My first ever painted 40k miniature was a metal Space Marine painted in the colours of the Blood Angels and they're still the only chapter I've ever collected, even if the current codex is, shall we say, a trifle underwhelming.

Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: What Space Marine Chapter do you play/collect?   What Space Marine Chapter do you play/collect? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07 2015, 09:10

Once, long ago, I had a rather respectable Flesh Tearers force. I quite enjoyed them most of the time, but Marines got boring for me so I sold them off to make cupboard room and dived back into my Dark Eldar (my first love).
More recently I have been building a Legion of the Damned army, though its not yet complete enough to play with.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: What Space Marine Chapter do you play/collect?   What Space Marine Chapter do you play/collect? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07 2015, 09:20

<- Guess Very Happy

ETC 2015 Captain, Eldar/DE (10th)
Painting blog
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: What Space Marine Chapter do you play/collect?   What Space Marine Chapter do you play/collect? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07 2015, 16:31

Ultramarines right? Razz
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: What Space Marine Chapter do you play/collect?   What Space Marine Chapter do you play/collect? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07 2015, 19:24

I have never played Space Marines, my son has an army as his starter set, but I was always more interested in the Xenos side of things and SM held no appeal whatsoever.

About 3 months ago, however, I decided to try Raven Guard - possibly allied with some Raptors - as I like the possibility of matching their speed and play style to DE's. So I am slowly collecting what I need to create a new army, in between a few other projects.

We'll see.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

PostSubject: Re: What Space Marine Chapter do you play/collect?   What Space Marine Chapter do you play/collect? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07 2015, 22:59

Space Wolves. Cos I like drunken hairy men...... Er i mean I like wolves :/

Seriously though I have a thing about thunderwolves. Just love em. I know alot of people really dont get it (wolves riding wolves) but they are the sort of unit I like to play. Fast, aggressive and look really cool. The whole saga space viking thing really floats my boat. I remember picking up a metal grey hunter model back in 2nd ed when I was a wee lad and just loving it. I had a chaos army then and no money so never started the wolves until I entered manhood and employment. Never looked back

SC jocolor

study  My Wargaming blog   cherry  :- Objective Secured

Last edited by spellcheck2001 on Wed Jul 08 2015, 11:02; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: What Space Marine Chapter do you play/collect?   What Space Marine Chapter do you play/collect? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07 2015, 23:05

Aside from the Crimson Fists that I mentioned in Episode 13, I also have a large Space Wolves army and 30K World Eaters Twisted Evil

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: What Space Marine Chapter do you play/collect?   What Space Marine Chapter do you play/collect? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07 2015, 23:06

I want to do a Dornian Heresy World Eaters force so bad. If only to use the Puppetswar WE shoulders.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Space Marine Chapter do you play/collect?   What Space Marine Chapter do you play/collect? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Space Marine Chapter do you play/collect?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DISCUSSION

:: Warhammer 40,000 Discussion
-
Jump to: