THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

750 pt list for Dragon*Con tournament

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

750 pt list for Dragon*Con tournament Empty
PostSubject: 750 pt list for Dragon*Con tournament   750 pt list for Dragon*Con tournament I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01 2015, 15:50

So, there's a 750 pt tournament happening at Dragon*Con in Atlanta this Sunday. As far as I know, the only limitations are that CADs are allowed. The TO's response when I emailed him about parameters was simply, "CAD is required. No unbound".. which is still a little vague for my tastes.

Still, I figure that a pure DE force might scale okay at 750 pts, so this is what I've thrown together as an idea. I should note that I only have two venoms (assembled); otherwise I'd probably bring more. This is what I've come up with:

Combined Arms Detachment:

HQ: Archon - blaster, haywire grenade (goes on TROOP1's raider)

TROOP1: 9 kabalite warriors - blaster x1
             raider - splinter racks, dark lance

TROOP2: 5 kabalite warriors - blaster x1
             venom - add'l splinter cannon

TROOP3: 5 kabalite warriors - blaster x1
             venom - add'l splinter cannon

HEAVY1: Ravager - dark lances x3, nightshield

HEAVY2: Ravager - disintegrator x3, nightshield

Total Points: 747

This seems pretty straightforward. Just shoot, shoot, and shoot.. preferably while moving to maximize the effectiveness of shooting.  I am also considering stripping the nightshields off of the ravagers, putting dark lances on the dissie ravager to maximize my anti-tank firepower, and sticking a nightshield on the HQ raider instead. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: 750 pt list for Dragon*Con tournament   750 pt list for Dragon*Con tournament I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01 2015, 16:59

The Blaster in the Raider squad isn't very effective. If you put the Archon in you got two shots but that's still...

Maybe swap it for some Medusa?

Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: 750 pt list for Dragon*Con tournament   750 pt list for Dragon*Con tournament I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01 2015, 17:07

CptMetal wrote:
The Blaster in the Raider squad isn't very effective. If you put the Archon in you got two shots but that's still...

Maybe swap it for some Medusa?

I only have one medusa, so that doesn't seem worth it. The blasters are there mainly because I'm paranoid about not having an anti-armor option in every unit. This way, if someone spams cheap transports (like, say, rhinos.. which seems like something that someone might do in a small 750 pt game), it's easier for me to focus fire to hopefully scrap them so that my anti-infantry shooting can do its work.
Back to top Go down
Brom
Wych

PostSubject: Re: 750 pt list for Dragon*Con tournament   750 pt list for Dragon*Con tournament I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01 2015, 17:26

Quote :
"CAD is required. No unbound".. which is still a little vague for my tastes.
Agreed. Seems wide open.

Quote :
I only have one medusa, so that doesn't seem worth it. The blasters are there mainly because I'm paranoid about not having an anti-armor option in every unit. This way, if someone spams cheap transports (like, say, rhinos.. which seems like something that someone might do in a small 750 pt game), it's easier for me to focus fire to hopefully scrap them so that my anti-infantry shooting can do its work.
Again I agree. Deathstar type units lose at this level by virtue of no support so dirty cheap DTs, MSU (especially bikes) and maybe a cheap horde or two are gonna be the name of the game.

I don't like the idea of double lance ravagers personally. Its 750 pts so light transports are really what your gonna see in any number and even disi's can plink HPs in a pinch. Jinking bikes and opposing light skimmers not to mention meq is what I'd want an answer to and the disi rav is it.
Edit- so this is a little radical but this level might be the place to try out dc/dl/dl setup on both ravagers. Spreads the anti tank around which is key at low levels and makes both a threat to bikes and such.

On night shields its a tough choice. 3+ jink is fantastic. 3+ cover camping ravs in ruins is even better. Otoh you got 2 shots at stealth from strategic traits plus a 4+ chance at night fight regardless so there is that.

If you were to replace them with anything consider a couple single clawed fiends. I don't play below 1k but I can tell you they are very solid for many reasons not the least of which is their ability to supplement single blaster shots. They will reliably take 1 HP from anything av10 and sometimes 2-3 HPs. This is great for getting the most out of your warriors AT shot, scoring objectives, assaulting light units blocking movement and so on. In this instance consider them a mobile pair of disi's that always hit rear armour only minus the ap 2.
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: 750 pt list for Dragon*Con tournament   750 pt list for Dragon*Con tournament I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01 2015, 18:46

OOh. I hadn't thought just using single-model units of Clawed Fiends. Unfortunately, I only own one. Would it be worthwhile to free up some points to have one Clawed Fiend running around?
Back to top Go down
Brom
Wych

PostSubject: Re: 750 pt list for Dragon*Con tournament   750 pt list for Dragon*Con tournament I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01 2015, 18:49

Sure I do it from time to time although I usually like to go with multiples.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 750 pt list for Dragon*Con tournament   750 pt list for Dragon*Con tournament I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

750 pt list for Dragon*Con tournament
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: