THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Voidraven Bomber

Go down 
+4
The Fume Knight
MHaruspex
CptMetal
ndphoto
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ndphoto
Hellion
ndphoto

The Voidraven Bomber Empty
PostSubject: The Voidraven Bomber   The Voidraven Bomber I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14 2015, 17:32

Hi all,

So I've been playing 40k for a couple of months now having come from a background of playing Fantasy. I wrote my first ever list based on mini's that I liked the look of and threw myself straight into a league competition. The league I'm in allows me to write two lists (both of mine are basically the same list just with a couple of weapon changes) and I play one of those lists each week. This has forced me to really learn the units that I have chosen and get the most out of them as I can't change them. From this I've learnt a few things which I thought were worth sharing:

1. Kabalites on Raiders with Splinter racks are absolutely briliant!

2. Wracks are rubbish

3. Voidravens are really good! This is the one that gave me most concern. After I'd selected my list, I found this site and pretty much everyone was saying Voidravens were too expensive and not very good. I've got to say that I've found quite the opposite. My Voidraven has survived almost every battle, bombed the hell out of infantry and been really my only source of Armour killing. Plus it looks brilliant! I'm so impressed I'm thinking of buying another one!

Has anyone else found them to be as good as I have?

Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: The Voidraven Bomber   The Voidraven Bomber I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17 2015, 16:41

I've never tested one but how did you do that? You only got one bomb. Added missiles? What guns?

Hellion
ndphoto

PostSubject: Re: The Voidraven Bomber   The Voidraven Bomber I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17 2015, 16:50

Between the bomb and the 4 missiles (I tend to take 2 of each type) they are awesome.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: The Voidraven Bomber   The Voidraven Bomber I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17 2015, 18:00

Do you take the blast lances or the strength 9 lances?

Hellion
ndphoto

PostSubject: Re: The Voidraven Bomber   The Voidraven Bomber I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17 2015, 22:52

Strength 9 which gives me a bit of much needed armour killing ability
Back to top Go down
MHaruspex
Kabalite Warrior
MHaruspex

PostSubject: Re: The Voidraven Bomber   The Voidraven Bomber I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19 2015, 06:36

Were you running other aircraft? I'm curious how much fire the Voidraven took.
Back to top Go down
ndphoto
Hellion
ndphoto

PostSubject: Re: The Voidraven Bomber   The Voidraven Bomber I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19 2015, 07:52

Just the bomber!
Back to top Go down
The Fume Knight
Kabalite Warrior
The Fume Knight

PostSubject: Re: The Voidraven Bomber   The Voidraven Bomber I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09 2015, 11:11

I too am very curious, I bought mine recently, its finally painted and ready for battle yet, my store is now doing a tournament, and in preparation for a practice battle, I played a 500 pt game, couldn't use my vrb, now, for a 6 week tournament, 2 weeks of 500 pt, 2 weeks of 750, and 2 weeks of 1000, kills adequate testing for it..

But laid down simple, a VRB, Void lances are lethal, a Dark Lance was strong, a void lance is even more so, though not by much, either way, coming against vehicles, since it is a lance, it takes 3 to glance, anything higher is a penetration, since its aircraft it needs to get skyfired, or snapshotted but still. The Void mine is another scary thing to watch out for if your an enemy, large blast of insane ap and strength nothing will survive, and on top of that, custom missle choice loadout, though it costs points, 4 shatterfield missiles alone are also strong, basically, this is one agile glass cannon, though weak armor, it does require certain special units to take it down, unless they are very lucky, any turn you use it, it will kill. I'm too excited to try mine.

Hellion
DarkCycu

PostSubject: Re: The Voidraven Bomber   The Voidraven Bomber I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09 2015, 23:11

I tend to take stock VR. It's true that missiles give him a bit more of utility and firepower, but ALSO bumps up it's cost, which becomes comparable to Stormreaven's, with lower survability.
Keep it low, at least i do so, and it serves me well. It survives most of the battles, especially when fielded with two razorwings. Smile
Back to top Go down
Roneck
Slave
Roneck

PostSubject: Re: The Voidraven Bomber   The Voidraven Bomber I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12 2015, 02:41

Ive had decent results out of my voidraven. I load it for bear (4 implosion missles, nightshields) and send it at the nastiest thing when it comes on. Heres a few of it notable kills.

Flew in and dropped the bomb on scorpions and wraithknight, kliing 4 and wounding the wraithknight, then unloaded missles onto 6 reapers and maugan ra wiping them all out. Was then shot down next turn by crimson hunter.

Flew in without jinking and survived intercept fire from marine anti air formation, then dropped bomb on them blowing up one and knocking the gun off another. Was then able to kill 2 rhinos and some marines after.

Flew in and dropped bomb onto space wolves landraider, blew it up and killed 2 marines inside, then next turn downed by a stormwolf.

Flew in and dropped bomb on gk paladins killing the squad. Killed a few other things throughout the game.

Even though alot of that stuff was luck it still has done well for me sometimes. Ive also had games were it took a few hull points off some stuff and then got gunned down next turn. I know bringing it loaded out like that is way expensive but sometimes it can easily make its points back on the first turn it comes in. Wish it could have 4 lance shots even if it was more points, then i think it would be a solid option.

Slave
Toys

PostSubject: Re: The Voidraven Bomber   The Voidraven Bomber I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25 2015, 02:12

I got my VR recently and initially I had concerns as to whether he really was worth his point cost. I usually field him with a razorwing, and he's survived the vast majority of my games. In my most recent game, a 1350 pts against Tau, my bomber's void mine wiped his Shadowsun and crisis suit retinue on turn 2. (the expression on the guy's face was just priceless)

I'm pretty well convinced now.
Back to top Go down
Xm0shcryptX
Kabalite Warrior
Xm0shcryptX

PostSubject: Re: The Voidraven Bomber   The Voidraven Bomber I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11 2015, 21:21

What disgusted me once was I dropped the void mine perfectly on a unit of lych guard. Wounded every model.

Didn't kill a single model. I died a little inside after that
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Voidraven Bomber   The Voidraven Bomber I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Voidraven Bomber
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists