THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2500 point LIst DE with Eldar Allies

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
flakmonkey
Sybarite
flakmonkey

2500 point LIst DE with Eldar Allies Empty
PostSubject: 2500 point LIst DE with Eldar Allies   2500 point LIst DE with Eldar Allies I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28 2015, 08:09

Heya Commorragh,

I haven't had a game in ages but have organised with a friend to play a 2500 point game against his 30K Iron Hands.
So my list is pretty standard and not really expecting alot of input. A few venoms, a bunch of eldar hitching rides and deep strikes. Grotesquerie runs forward and smashes face. Wraithknight does what it does. And yeah. That's about it.

I think hes running something along the lines of - 2 Land Raiders, a bunch of Termies, some Legio Cybernitica thingies, and a Stormblade (Baneblade with massive plasma cannon)

So is there anything massive I missed? Feel free to let me know.

PS I love my Phoenix Lord so really want to take her.

Cheers

Breakdown in red

CAD

Archon - Blaster, WWP
Goes with Fire Dragons.
Archon - Blaster, WWP
Goes with Fire Dragons.

Incubi - 4 Incubi, Klaivex, in a Venom with dual SC
Hangs back shooting, waits for target of opportunity to murder

Kabalite Warriors - 5 warriors + blaster in a Venom with dual SC
Basic. 'Nuff said
Basic. 'Nuff said

Raider - Dark Lance
Ride for Fire Dragons and Archon
Raider - Dark Lance
Ride for Fire Dragons and Archon+Autarch
Venom - Dual SC
Ride for Dire Avengers

Ravager - 3 Dark Lances
Basic. 'Nuff said
Ravager - 3 Dissies
Basic. 'Nuff said

Coven Grotesquerie

Grotesque - 3 Grots, including Aberration armed with Agonizer in a Raider with Sails
Haemon goes here. Marine shredders hopefully
Grotesque - 3 Grots in a Raider with Sails
Jain Zar goes here to add some AP2 punch. Hopefully shreds anything
Haemonculus - Bare
Yeah, he compulsory

Eldar CAD

Jain Zar - Phoenix Lord
I love my Jain Zar. She will do some damage
Autarch - Fusion Gun, Shard of Anaris
Reserve manipulation. Extra gun for Dragons, or possibly run with a Grot squad I guess

Fire Dragons - 5 Fire Dragons
DS. Annihilate Armour. Move on
DS. Annihilate Armour. Move on

Dire Avengers - 5 Dire Avengers
Cheap. Not bad shooters
Windriders - 3 bikes with scatter lasers
Scat bikes are good, but in very limited supply

Wraithknight - Ghostglaive and Scattershield, with Starcannon
Had very good results with this build[/color][/color][/color]
Back to top Go down
flakmonkey
Sybarite
flakmonkey

PostSubject: Re: 2500 point LIst DE with Eldar Allies   2500 point LIst DE with Eldar Allies I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30 2015, 06:38

So lookin at my models, I realized I don't have 2 suitably equipped Archon models.

SO I'm goin to replace the 2nd Archon with a Succubus (with a WWP shes same 110 points)
Question- I want to equip her with a Archite Glaive, but not sure where to get the points. The easiest way I can see is just drop 1 Incubi.
Any other suggestions?

"Whereas the duty of the Imperial Commander is either to seize or defend territory, the Dark Eldar make war only to steal. If, as a by-product of this, the are able to indulge their vile passion for murder, torture and other decadent acts, then they will joyfully do so, but this is not their primary goal"
Back to top Go down
Nariaklizhar
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 2500 point LIst DE with Eldar Allies   2500 point LIst DE with Eldar Allies I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03 2015, 03:34

So I don't know exactly how you would do this but...I would do my best to find a second Archon model with blaster and wwp to put with the dragons. A Succubus with that unit is a bad idea. The other thing I would do is get rid of the fusion gun for the Autarch. Keep that shard of anaris and add a bashee mask. I run 1squad of Grots with the Autarch, and the other with a suped up Heamy (mask, sump, and agoniser) drop the aberration and (don't kill me) Jain Zar. I know she is good, but you end up leaving a mandatory Heamy with no unit to join. Plus she is expensive and you can spend those points on some air support.
2 other things I would do is drop the avengers and get 1 more squad of scatter bikes (I know they are hard to find) and then add a crimson Hunter. I totally understand wanting to play Jain Zar. I have a similar crush on my Klaivex. Go ahead and play your list with her, you still have a great list and it will still be tons of fun. Those are just my suggestions
Back to top Go down
flakmonkey
Sybarite
flakmonkey

PostSubject: Re: 2500 point LIst DE with Eldar Allies   2500 point LIst DE with Eldar Allies I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03 2015, 05:50

Nariaklizhar wrote:
So I don't know exactly how you would do this but...I would do my best to find a second Archon model with blaster and wwp to put with the dragons. A Succubus with that unit is a bad idea. The  other thing I would do is get rid of the fusion gun for the Autarch. Keep that shard of anaris and add a bashee mask. I run 1squad of Grots with the Autarch, and the other with a suped up Heamy (mask, sump, and agoniser) drop the aberration and (don't kill me) Jain Zar. I know she is good, but you end up leaving a mandatory Heamy with no unit to join. Plus she is expensive and you can spend those points on some air support.
2 other things I would do is drop the avengers and get 1 more squad of scatter bikes (I know they are hard to find) and then add a crimson Hunter. I totally understand wanting to play Jain Zar. I have a similar crush on my Klaivex. Go ahead and play your list with her, you still have a great list and it will still be tons of fun. Those are just my suggestions

This is all good advice Nariaklizhar, definetly be taking it on board for future. Especially the Haemon stuff. And you were totaly right about the Autarch. He did have a Banshee mask, he did run with the Grot squad, and fusion gun went unused

I played my game today, defeated the 30K Marines. He conceded at bottom of turn 3, if we'd continued very good chance I would've tabled him.
Here is the final list I used as well as a brief breakdown.

Archon - Blaster, WWP
Really just a caddy for the Dragons. I think he also scored a hit on the Stormblade, but Dragons did all the real work
Succubus- Hydra Gauntlets, WWP
Did jack all other than be a WWP carrier. I wouldve broken her off from the Dragons to engage some Rapiers, but opponent quit before that.

Incubi - 4 Incubi, Klaivex, in a Venom with dual SC
Hung out in the backfield, and jumped an outflanking marine squad. Chewed up the rhino in CC and would've assaulted the squad itself if not for game ending. Excatly as planned. Probably a bit excessive though.

Zipped around, took pot shots, as expected.
Zipped around, took pot shots, as expected.

Raider - Dark Lance
Exactly as planned
Raider - Dark Lance
Exactly as planned
Venom - Dual SC
Exactly as planned, added a nice bit of fire power

Ravager - 3 Dark Lances
Made alot of jink saves, almost destroyed a LR with a snap shot, but shooting through a venom gave opponent a 5+ which he duly made. Damn
Ravager - 3 Dissies
Jinked a fair bit as well, not much of an impact really. However, 30K Iron Hands Iron Hands are able to reduce S of incoming shots by 1, so Dissies not as brutal as normal

Coven Grotesquerie

Grotesque - 3 Grots, including Aberration armed with Agonizer in a Raider with Sails
Spent most of the short game engaged with a unit of Thallax. They were chewing their way through though.
Grotesque - 3 Grots in a Raider with Sails
Followed Jain Zar around. Lost one Grot, but destroyed a termie squad and a bike squad.
Haemonculus - Bare
Should've upgraded this guy. He still managed to take out a termie with his bare hands. Imagine him tooled up

Eldar CAD

Jain Zar - Phoenix Lord
Most definetly over-kill with Grots. She basically killed most of the stuff they engaged, but she benefited greatly from enhanced T. In future have to look at a way to run her with cheaper squads than Grots
Autarch - Fusion Gun, Banshee Mask, Shard of Anaris
Pretty good. Killed a Termie sarge in challange, really didnt need fusion gun. He got insta gibbed by a character with rad grenades. Will use him again without the gun.

Almost felt bad about these guys. Came down with WWP, one squad on either side of the Super heavy and destroyed it. 9HPs stripped like nothing. Brutal. Would've been even better in Aspect Formation. They wouldve moved on to the LRs, but game ended.
See above

Dire Avengers - 5 Dire Avengers
Bladestorm messed up some Termies, even killed one in overwatch. Bladestorm was able to bypass Iron Hand rule about reducing S of incoming shots.
Windriders - 3 bikes with scatter lasers
Didn't do much. Scatter lasers were not as effective as I hoped, squad broke from a tank shock as well(outflanking rhino) Probably need larger squads for weight of firepower to really shine.

Wraithknight - Ghostglaive and Scattershield, with Starcannon
Ate lots of hits, made cover and Invun saves like a boss. Killed some termies. But it had been reduced to 2 wounds and died to 2 incredibly lucky lightning claw attacks from a SM character with rad grenades

If you read all that, I really appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
Nariaklizhar
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 2500 point LIst DE with Eldar Allies   2500 point LIst DE with Eldar Allies I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03 2015, 14:15

Nice work. Maybe add Jain to the Incubi?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2500 point LIst DE with Eldar Allies   2500 point LIst DE with Eldar Allies I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2500 point LIst DE with Eldar Allies
Page 1 of 1