THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Extremely silly, basic Kabalite Warrior assembly question

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
merzbau
Hellion
merzbau

Extremely silly, basic Kabalite Warrior assembly question Empty
PostSubject: Extremely silly, basic Kabalite Warrior assembly question   Extremely silly, basic Kabalite Warrior assembly question I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06 2015, 03:09

Do the legs and equipment/bums have to match up perfectly as shown on the directions? Legs B to bottom B, etc? I'm looking at a bitz site and pondering if it's worth ordering enough pieces to make a single paint-test Warrior for around 2 pounds before shipping (along with some other stuff, including a paint test Skaven model; of course, Reaver helmets, blasters and haywire blasters are sold out across the board). The only problem is that I can't refer to the actual sprues (which are in storage at the moment), the scanned instruction sheet I've found doesn't have a full guide to the parts, the seller has them labeled as Legs B and Equipment D (and somehow the amount available is mismatched; I don't quite understand how two parts that must go together are selling at different rates, but whatever) and to top it all off, the "equipment" piece is photographed with so little contrast it's hard to make out. The pieces in question:

http://www.bitzbox.co.uk/product_info.php/dark-eldar-kabalite-warriors-equipment-p-3726
http://www.bitzbox.co.uk/product_info.php/dark-eldar-kabalite-warriors-legs-p-3742

Would I be able to slap together a workable lower half with these? I've looked into alternatives, but they're out of Wych legs. I considered putting together a Scourge, who would share the same paint scheme, but of course they're out of wings :/
Back to top Go down
merzbau
Hellion
merzbau

PostSubject: Re: Extremely silly, basic Kabalite Warrior assembly question   Extremely silly, basic Kabalite Warrior assembly question I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06 2015, 03:14

They don't have vehicle crews, either, which was the other cheap route I was considering.
Back to top Go down
merzbau
Hellion
merzbau

PostSubject: Re: Extremely silly, basic Kabalite Warrior assembly question   Extremely silly, basic Kabalite Warrior assembly question I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06 2015, 03:50

Actually, you know what? Please disregard this thread; I've searched every major bitz site and can't actually work out a combination of parts for a single complete practice figure that would be less than the standard cost per model pricing, so I'm just going to designate the first one off the assembly line as Streaky Jim: The Saddest Warrior. I've planned out my future expansion and I need (haha, "need") to pick up another box or two of Warriors anyway to cannibalize for special weapons, squad filler, and a few different Sybarites/Dracons.
Back to top Go down
Tengu
Wych
Tengu

PostSubject: Re: Extremely silly, basic Kabalite Warrior assembly question   Extremely silly, basic Kabalite Warrior assembly question I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06 2015, 16:36

Wouldnt you be better off with a 3rd ed kabalite? They are dirt cheap and Im sure a member local to you can spare a few.

(I would but I dont think you are in the UK?)
Back to top Go down
merzbau
Hellion
merzbau

PostSubject: Re: Extremely silly, basic Kabalite Warrior assembly question   Extremely silly, basic Kabalite Warrior assembly question I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06 2015, 16:44

I've got 16 to paint up over the weekend, actually, but thanks Smile They'll definitely help make sure the color scheme is properly balanced, and help with general painting confidence, but they're missing a lot of the details that will be important to practice, like the eyeslits on current helmets, flayed skin accoutrements, various tubes and glory bits, etc. I think I'll be ready to defile the new ones I have socked away in storage by the time I'm done with these Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Extremely silly, basic Kabalite Warrior assembly question   Extremely silly, basic Kabalite Warrior assembly question I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Extremely silly, basic Kabalite Warrior assembly question
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: