THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1500 point local store tournament

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Wolfsark
Hellion
Wolfsark

1500 point local store tournament Empty
PostSubject: 1500 point local store tournament   1500 point local store tournament I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06 2015, 18:56

This is a semi-casual tournament being held for my FLGS anniversary.

This is the format: 1500 points, no forge world, book maelstrom missions, armies must be battleforged, maximum 2 formations (decurions are allowed and count as 1 formation total), maximum 1 allied detachment.

List #1

HQ:
Succubus - archite glaive, haywire grenades

Elites:
3 Grotesques with Raider (nightshields, enhanced aether sails)

5 Kabalite trueborn, 4 blasters, Venom (2 splinter cannon)

Troops:
10 Kabalite Warriors, Raider (dark lance, nightshields, splinter racks)

5 Kabalite Warriors, 1 blaster, Venom (2 splinter cannons)

Fast Attack:
Razorwing Jetfighter (nightshields, 2 dark lances)

5 Scourges, 4 haywire blasters

Heavy Support:
Ravager (3 dark lances, nightshields)

List #2

HQ:
1 Lhamean, Venom (2 splinter cannons)

Elites:
5 Kabalite trueborn, 4 blasters, Venom (2 splinter cannon)

Troops:

5 Kabalite Warriors, 1 blaster, Venom (2 splinter cannons)

Fast Attack:

5 Scourges, 4 haywire blasters

Heavy Support:
Ravager (3 dark lances, nightshields)

Formation: Dark Artisan (webway portal, scissorhand, spirit probe, ichor injector)

The Meta:

5-6 very soft Chaos and vanilla space marines lists

1 guy who is going to bring his necrons (decurion with reclamation legion and canoptek harvest) but he barely every plays them on regular gaming days

1 guy who plays Tau. Very experienced player. Lots of missile system broadsides. He normally uses the flying forge world riptide with the torrent flamer but since forge world isnt allowed I'm going to assume he will bring either a second gw riptide or more broadsides.

1 guy who plays blood angels. Also an experienced player. Plays Dante death star list with sanguinary guard and supported by assault squads and dreadnaughts in drop pods.

1 guy who plays tyranids. 2 flying hive tyrants, hive guard and living artillery node formation.

1 guy who plays dark angels ravenwing. Bikes, black knights, darkshrouds and landspeeders with all the appropriate detachments and formations.

1 guy who plays eldar. I'm not sure what he will bring to this tournament. He has a list with 3 squads of wraith guard and another with a seer council. Either way I don't expect to beat him.

The returning champion who won last year with Daemons will be bringing his Admech War Convocation formation. It's a super strong list but he does not have too much experience playing it. He only recently completed and painted the army.

The lists I'm really worried about are the eldar, admech and dark angels. Eldar are obviously the favorite and if I cant kill the transports carrying the wraitguard before they get in range I will lose on turn 2. I have defeated Admech before but not in this configuration. I could probably kill the imperial knight but with the addition of all those super upgraded other units I don't think I will have much chance. The dark angels can move just as fast as I can and are mostly immune to my shenanigans. I also have a hard time shooting them with the rerolling jink saves.

I'm not really expecting to win this tournament but I would like to have fun and not come in last place!
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

1500 point local store tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500 point local store tournament   1500 point local store tournament I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07 2015, 20:55

I'm okay with both with a preference for the second.

The first one actually has a bit more AT (14 Darklight, 4 haywire) shots which I like. I love the Succubus/Grot unit and it is kitted out with the right toys to jink right into the front line of your opponent's army (advanced aethersails/nightshields). I almost would like to see the nightshields dropped for an Aberation to shield the Succubus from challenges that she doesn't like. The other elements are solid-
-Paired Razorwings give some good AI with supplemental DL shots. Redundancy means that the first flyer shot down doesn't hurt too bad.
-Blasterborn, good number of Venoms, haywire Scourges.

The only reservation that I have with this list is the fact that it has one assault unit. It's a damned good unit, but with only one unit dedicated to assault it would be one of my first priorities as your opponent. I like my Grots to have a little more backup to exaggerate their threat and force opponents to make bad choices. Still not a bad list though, and is more of a minor gripe.

This brings me to why I like the second list better. It does have less AT with the dropped Razorwing, but picks up a little more AI to round out the shooting. I absolutely love the idea of the Dark Artisan WWP unit. It can hold its own a little more absorbing fire and is guaranteed to get where you want turn 2 onward. Barring super crappy reserve rolls They should do what you want a turn or two later while forcing your opponent to commit countercharge units to address the threat having a unit of two monstrous creatures in their backfield presents.

Hope this helps!

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down

1500 point local store tournament
Page 1 of 1