THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1850 Dark eldar / Eldar + Dark Artisan List

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
varney89
Slave
varney89

1850 Dark eldar / Eldar + Dark Artisan List Empty
PostSubject: 1850 Dark eldar / Eldar + Dark Artisan List   1850 Dark eldar / Eldar + Dark Artisan List I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27 2016, 00:06

So i have never played competitively with my dark eldar and i wanted to make a first attempt at what i think is a powerful list. i'm looking for people to rip this apart and help me understand where i went wrong. but i feel the Eldar bring that boost needed.

Dark Eldar CAD

HQ

Archon - WWP + Blaster+ Armor of Misery

Troops

5 Warriors
  Venom - Extra Splinter cannon

5 Warriors
  Venom - Extra Splinter cannon

Elite

4 Grotesques

Fast

Razorwing - 2 Lances

Raider - aethersails + Lance

Raider - aethersails

Formation - Dark Artisan -

Haemonculus - Scissor hand - WWP - Vex Mask
Cronos - Spirit Probe
Talos - Chain flails

Eldar CAD

HQ

Farseer

Autarch - Jetbike - Banshee Mask

Troops

3 Windrider jetbikes
3 Windrider jetbikes

Elites

5 Fire Dragons

5 WraithGuard - D Sythes

Fast

Wave Serpant - Shuriken Cannon

Total (1847)

Plan is:

Autarch boosts reserve roll chances, this allows for  Dark artisan formation to drop in, and the Archon will either Join the Fire Dragons or the Wraithguard in Wave serpant or Raider depending on the enemy line up (Super heavy or Garg) so they can WWP into battle they have the flexibility of transports as well with Wave serpant and Raider

Farseer will Join the Grotesques in a Raider and if hes lucky get invis if not just cause some mayhem with the Grotesques and taking telepathy powers.

the rest of the army will use its speed to either dodge shots or cap objectives. Autarch will join some bikes i guess?

Please let me know how you think this will hold up and dont hold back if i made bad choices i need to learn!

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
hydranixx
Wych
hydranixx

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Dark eldar / Eldar + Dark Artisan List   1850 Dark eldar / Eldar + Dark Artisan List I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27 2016, 02:17

Welcome aboard!

As for the list:

varney89 wrote:

Formation - Dark Artisan -

Haemonculus - Scissor hand - WWP - Vex Mask
Cronos - Spirit Probe
Talos - Chain flails

I like it. Solid unit that makes the opponent deal with them or run away. Consider dropping the Vex mask for a Heat Lance.

varney89 wrote:

Troops
3 Windrider jetbikes
3 Windrider jetbikes

These guys are good, but with scatter lasers they're great. Its just too strong to pass, and I'd drop the upgrades on the Archon and Haemy (except WWP) in favour of just these scatter lasers.

varney89 wrote:

5 Fire Dragons

5 WraithGuard - D Sythes

Classic staple of DE/E lists. Enough firepower to eat any threat in one shooting phase. Don't be afraid to WWP drop the Wraithguard and Archon without transport.

"Of course you should fight fire with fire! You should fight everything with fire."
Back to top Go down
Xm0shcryptX
Kabalite Warrior
Xm0shcryptX

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Dark eldar / Eldar + Dark Artisan List   1850 Dark eldar / Eldar + Dark Artisan List I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27 2016, 03:06

Hydranixx has good advice. No purpose in armor of misery if you aren't doing freak show. Otherwise this list is shaping up pretty nice. Probably lacking a little bit in the AT but you should be able to work around it
Back to top Go down
varney89
Slave
varney89

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Dark eldar / Eldar + Dark Artisan List   1850 Dark eldar / Eldar + Dark Artisan List I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27 2016, 14:52

Dropping all the upgrades on my guys leaves me 10 points shy to make this upgrade?

The other issue i was potentially running into, is this a ETC legal list having 1 CAD as Dark Eldar and 1 CAD as Eldar and my warlord as the Formation Dark artisan?
Back to top Go down
Xm0shcryptX
Kabalite Warrior
Xm0shcryptX

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Dark eldar / Eldar + Dark Artisan List   1850 Dark eldar / Eldar + Dark Artisan List I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27 2016, 17:53

Typically 3 detachments is what is used in tournaments. So that would be legal
Back to top Go down
hydranixx
Wych
hydranixx

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Dark eldar / Eldar + Dark Artisan List   1850 Dark eldar / Eldar + Dark Artisan List I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27 2016, 21:30

varney89 wrote:
Dropping all the upgrades on my guys leaves me 10 points shy to make this upgrade?

Well, seeing as your have no shining spears or reavers, consider dropping the jetbike off your Autarch and having him go in the raider with your Grotesques. They have terrible leadership, and in the Dark Eldar Codex they don't get turn 2 fearless, so they'll benefit from his inclusion hugely.

I forget the price of the jetbike (is it 20?), but if you can squeeze in an aberration to the unit to accept challenges for him, that's pretty good too.

[EDIT] I think I missed the farseer joining them in the raider. IMO the farseer is probably better on a jetbike anyway, so that it is mobile enough to do things everywhere. If it joins the Grots, then it gets eaten in challenges, or misses attacks, or else wastes some of its spells.

In this case, consider simply swapping the two Eldar Characters' jetbikes.

"Of course you should fight fire with fire! You should fight everything with fire."
Back to top Go down
varney89
Slave
varney89

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Dark eldar / Eldar + Dark Artisan List   1850 Dark eldar / Eldar + Dark Artisan List I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01 2016, 20:18

If i cant take the Dark Artisan as Warlord anymore is it still worth taking as a formation detachment? would result in having to make the Archon as Warlord, who would be buddying up with either WraithGuard or Fire dragons for the WWP destruction? It would also mean the Dark artisan loses out on rerolling ones for FNP Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Dark eldar / Eldar + Dark Artisan List   1850 Dark eldar / Eldar + Dark Artisan List I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1850 Dark eldar / Eldar + Dark Artisan List
Page 1 of 1