THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

What would you like to see from Forge World?

Go down 
+20
Father Dagon
Thor665
Aniasis
Grub
Deneris
SirTainly
Raneth
Hydra
hellios
Massaen
GrenAcid
Nomic
abjectus
Gobsmakked
Shadows Revenge
Judgex83
theblackjackal
Local_Ork
HarveyScourgeman
Sky Serpent
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

What would you like to see from Forge World? Empty
PostSubject: What would you like to see from Forge World?   What would you like to see from Forge World? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29 2011, 22:27

I could hide this thread under all the Flickerfields in Commorragh but still you'd say it is a wishlist thread. And that it is, but hopefully a constructive one. So what would you like to see from Forge World in the future for the Dark Eldar? We know we're not getting anything anytime soon but who knows, we could get a treat when IA:13 comes around.

Judging by FW's love of all things retro, I don't think it'd be silly to say that we may see a retro Raider, one that keeps inline with the new look and feel but harks back to the old design.

An updated Raven fighter. It currently looks like a lazy kitbash based on the old range but with some more imagination and running off the Razorwing and Reaver designs they could come up with something special.

A new beast type or two to add to the current three, that's not that farfetched.

I have a few more ideas but want to see what you guys are thinking of at the moment.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
HarveyScourgeman
Slave
HarveyScourgeman

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see from Forge World?   What would you like to see from Forge World? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29 2011, 23:30

When I first saw the Tantalus, I thought the hole/gaps in the middle were some kind of cannon/huge Darklight gun. Shooting the power of their stolen suns at enemies. Something Doctor Who-ey.

I want that.
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see from Forge World?   What would you like to see from Forge World? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30 2011, 00:01

Beasts. Big ones. Something like Carnifex brood but with Cav/Beasts rules.

Walker. No kidding. Or decent AT MC. Or fast CC MC at least. Flying Talos?

And... freaking carrier that may DS (without scatter) with up to, say, 10 ships/10 man units (Everything bigger than Venom count as 2, Tantalus and flyers as 3) on turn 1 (basically Drop Pod for Vehicles).
Anyone want to drop 100 Grotesques? Very Happy

Optionally, Apoc datasheet that allow You to deploy Mandrakes as scorings, with pain token from start, along with Mandrake Hero (either Decapitator that may join and teleport 1 unit or something new, like Mrs. Decapitator).

Last edited by Local_Ork on Fri Sep 30 2011, 00:06; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
theblackjackal
Hellion
theblackjackal

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see from Forge World?   What would you like to see from Forge World? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30 2011, 00:05

Maybe a Raider or Ravager variant mounting a prow gun that shoots Webway Portals?

https://sites.google.com/site/frontier2170
Judgex83
Hellion
Judgex83

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see from Forge World?   What would you like to see from Forge World? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30 2011, 01:03

a haemonculus would be nice since i have been known to run 3 in a list and one can only do so much with wrack bits and the generic haemonculus model. I belive any model that you can run up to 6 of should have atleast 2 models.

Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see from Forge World?   What would you like to see from Forge World? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30 2011, 01:08

a super heavy with actual structure points...

wwp launcher like in some of the fan made dexes would be nice

another way to get void lances, maybe on a raider like vehicle like the test model FW did

a flying talos would be nice, as well as new beasts.

A reliable tank killer??? and I dont count the Reaper as a sucess either...

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see from Forge World?   What would you like to see from Forge World? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30 2011, 03:35

Webway portal as a terrain piece.

Raven Strike Fighter.

Pumped up Reaver jetbikes, like they did with the Nobz on Warbikes, with available Haywire Blasters.

Trueborn/Bloodbride upgrade kits.

Exotic pain engines.

Coven upgrade kits/bitz for vehicles - raggedy sails of sown-together skins, instruments of torture for drive-by's, chains, etc.

DE equivalent to CWE Shadow Spectres.

IF GW isn't going to do it, a Dais for Vect (they MUST be going to do Vect at some point).

Ditto for another option to carry Void Lances, even if just on the front of a Raider. that way I could simply swap out the magnetised Storm Vortex Generator on my Reaper Very Happy

Having said that, more DE vehicles that are not simply based on the Raider/Ravager hull. I have one big idea along this line of thought, but am saving that for my own selfish reasons.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread

Last edited by Gobsmakked on Fri Sep 30 2011, 09:13; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
abjectus
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see from Forge World?   What would you like to see from Forge World? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30 2011, 09:03

A variant of void raven that drops a webway instead of a void mine.

I 2nd Sky Serpents updated Raven, also a update of old bomber. instead of cockpit in each hull, only one between hull where horrofex was. I like what i heard about rules and would buy some, but don't like the current model, unlike all the other gorgeous forge world dark eldar/eldar.

A model for the Shadow or something similar. That old conversion was cool, what a super heavy ravager would look like in 3rd Edition. kind of a dark eldar baneblade/scorpion. Maybe some diffrent main weapons, hugh darklance( or dark pulsar?), Bigger disintagrator, Giant heatlance, massive Haywire(like reaper but 10" blast, and beam using 3", and 2x range or so) to pin down many tanks.

Anything dark eldar and superheavy would be sweet.

More weapon raider hull varients would be cool, maybe one with missile battery like a manticore, but using rockets like ones on razorwing.

More pain engines would always be good, maybe one thats faster so it works in none webway list.

Some more options for court of archon, so there would be some flexibility in selecting the court. Like pick 4 or more of these types, instead of one of each. More types there are the more the court could be tailored to preference. Not stronger, just different. Could be way for them to make use of one of test sculpts they didn't use for other projects, or something originally meant for fantasy.

Something thats in squadrons, like the warwalker, vyper, hornet, wasp are. Maybe venom varient with heavier guns but no troops?

Local_Orc, I'am not sure them making a carrier would be feasable, it would have to be the size (and price) of a manta, not sure they would sell enough for it to be worth it. Now if they made fluff and rules with some artwork in a Imperial armour book, people could make scratch build. They would probably make more on extra book sales to scratch builders then from a couple people that buy $1500model for niche army. A lot less overhead with out the huge sculpt. Maybe make model for Aeronautica Imperialis/Epic. Like if they published 40k rules for chaos harbinger, without making 40k model. All the people that scratch built one would get the book, even if they weren't interested in anything else in it. Probably be used by eldar corsairs to.
Back to top Go down
Nomic
Wych
Nomic

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see from Forge World?   What would you like to see from Forge World? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30 2011, 14:00

A superheavy Raider-esque barge with boradsides of lances and maybe a prow-mounted big gun.

A big pain engine or another Haemonculi creation.

A superhevay flier. Seeing as we already have equivalents of Eldar Nightwing and Phoenix, giving us a Vampire-esque craft would make sense. Infact, such a thing already exists in the background, the Slavebringer from BFG (a transport plane with stats similar to the Eldar Vampire that can be launched from Dark Eldar ships along with fighters and bombers).

GrenAcid
Sybarite
GrenAcid

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see from Forge World?   What would you like to see from Forge World? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30 2011, 15:27

Quote :
Beasts. Big ones. Something like Carnifex brood but with Cav/Beasts rules.

And maybe some walker/MC....or gtrotesque sized monsters;D

Oh and raven fighter....and bomber with more than 1 bomb -.-

Archon of All-seeing Eye Cabal.
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see from Forge World?   What would you like to see from Forge World? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01 2011, 02:06

I think the epic fandex has some great ideas! Giant monsters from the wych arena, the tormentor titan and some nice vehicles!

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
hellios
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see from Forge World?   What would you like to see from Forge World? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01 2011, 09:49

I would like a large space fighter (think Thunderhawk size.) that acts as a ship to ship fighter but also as a boarding vessel/landing craft. So it has a large webway portal built into like the Eldar super heavy tank from EPIC (Storm Serpent?). So in game terms a super-heavy flyer with some large pulsar like weapons designed for making wholes in large ships and no transport capacity but the ability to bring reserves out of it if it has landed, including vehicles.
Back to top Go down
abjectus
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see from Forge World?   What would you like to see from Forge World? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01 2011, 10:29

hellios, the epic tank you were thinking of is indeed the storm serpent. It was scorpion chassis (3 struc) with a falcon turret and webway portal. That would be sweet, a thunder hawk sized one would be a little bigger justifying the bigger guns. If I remember right, the epic rules let it deploy vypers and warwalkers, so venoms and pain engines scattering out the portal in this case. Smile
Maybe we could get this and a pirate gallon style ship with banks of side firing dark lance as variants on same hull.

A brass etch sheet would be cool. Floor decking to cut to size for conversions would be great. Maybe some diffrent size blades and/or coven/cult/kabal markings. Not sure if markings would work as well on our organic shaped vehicles as the Imperial ones, but brass blades to add to models would be nice. Maybe not for hands touching raiders, but to look at. (and still better then raiders with real fish hooks on slave snares, I've hooked my fingers times on those.

Coven hanger on kit, slave models (newly captured civilians and/or like the ones on vects dais) would make nice vehicle accents.
Back to top Go down
Hydra
Kabalite Warrior
Hydra

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see from Forge World?   What would you like to see from Forge World? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02 2011, 11:48

Massaen wrote:
I think the epic fandex has some great ideas! Giant monsters from the wych arena, the tormentor titan and some nice vehicles!

Do you have a link to that?

Hive Fleet Hydra

Kabal of the Poisoned Fang
Back to top Go down
http://h-archive.blogspot.de/
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see from Forge World?   What would you like to see from Forge World? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02 2011, 11:50

http://www.elisanet.fi/~d625133/gw/epic/Dark_Eldar_1_3.pdf

Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see from Forge World?   What would you like to see from Forge World? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02 2011, 17:36

Your link's not working Massaen, do you mean this?

http://www.tacticalwargames.net/archive/rules/epic/raiders.html

edit - proper link inserted.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

Last edited by Gobsmakked on Sun Oct 02 2011, 23:59; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see from Forge World?   What would you like to see from Forge World? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02 2011, 17:43

Nope - the like mine was for was newer...

google Dark eldar epic fandex and you should get it - it used the old 40k codex cover art as the cover

Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see from Forge World?   What would you like to see from Forge World? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02 2011, 19:24

Sadly, the one You are refering to is broken Sad

@abjectus
I'm pretty sure with 5 Raider cap it should not be bigger than Tantalus (which is 4-5 times bigger than Raider, looking from top). Especially considering that you just can't fit max allowed models in/on any GW vehicle. Let's imagine it can.

And don't forget about other option - mobile WWP that is big enough for some vehicles.
Back to top Go down
abjectus
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see from Forge World?   What would you like to see from Forge World? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02 2011, 20:20

I like the carrier concept, I just think almost nobody could afford model, then again maybe forgeworld sold alot of mantas. Only they know I guess.

I can't see 5 raiders in a tantalus sized model, 1 to 2 maybe. (picture from Crazy_Irish's thread)
What would you like to see from Forge World? Tantal10
It could hold a webway big enough, but it would take up hole model. A manta can carry 4 devilfish/hammerhead sized vehicles, so would be about the the size for a drop ship. The executor in the epic list mentioned earlier was mentioned as slightly larger then manta.

Forgeworld model can fit the troops in them. They just have to be reposed without bases, like these for Valkyrie.
What would you like to see from Forge World? Valktroops2
I heard some one reposed 10 marines and put them in rhino conversion. Think about how many people would fit in bus if people were on 5 foot circles.

The webway version would be great, Thunderhawk sized maybe. As would a artists sketch with data sheet for a manta sized one that actually holds all the models in the fluff. Like the emperor titan, it would never get a model but people would scratch build one. And since the Imperial armour are fluff books with some rules it would fit in nicely. One unit per book that will never get a model would be a good thing I think. 3rd edition IG codex said right in entry veterans will never get a model, its a conversion opportunity.
Back to top Go down
Raneth
Sybarite
Raneth

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see from Forge World?   What would you like to see from Forge World? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03 2011, 00:18

Giant Grotesque or some huge Arena-beast would be cool.

Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see from Forge World?   What would you like to see from Forge World? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03 2011, 08:02

Drop pods for pain engines - "HELLO!"

Back to top Go down
abjectus
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see from Forge World?   What would you like to see from Forge World? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03 2011, 09:33

Drop pods, that would be nice. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
theblackjackal
Hellion
theblackjackal

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see from Forge World?   What would you like to see from Forge World? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03 2011, 21:47

Thing is, I don't really see Dark Eldar deploying anything from space with something like a drop pod; it seems too much like a human method (giant armored capsule shot from space to deliver troops to the ground, all brute force, no elegance).

How about a temporary personal webway portal that, gamewise, functions more like a Mycetic Spore than a drop pod? Make it a deployment upgrade for certain units (or maybe a special character can give any unit that can take a transport that option instead).

https://sites.google.com/site/frontier2170
SirTainly
Sybarite
SirTainly

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see from Forge World?   What would you like to see from Forge World? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04 2011, 00:36

For those that want bigger beasts see:

Worm Grubs
Barghests
http://trollforged.com/shelf_fantasy_Demons.html

Nightmare
Jabberwock
http://trollforged.com/shelf_fantasy_Monsters.html

Pitfiend (also from Trollforged)
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/248996_220388531318491_197090956981582_819075_6958410_n.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://fortwargame.blogspot.com/
abjectus
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see from Forge World?   What would you like to see from Forge World? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04 2011, 00:55

I could see pain engines being dropped from space, pod made of bodies sewn together it cuts self out of after impact. I don't think infantry would use a drop pod, just stuff to big for raider. When raiding world without webway, or target to far from one. Still be one way trip, suicide talos.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see from Forge World?   What would you like to see from Forge World? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What would you like to see from Forge World?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next