THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics

Go down 
+22
Siticus the Ancient
Urien Rakarth
Tiri Rana
Todo13
Sky Serpent
Cailos
Nomic
SirTainly
Grub
Father Dagon
Ciirian
Sedarofe
Evil Space Elves
Baron Tordeck
Deneris
Lazarus
Judgex83
Blood drinker
Gobsmakked
Shadows Revenge
Thor665
Local_Ork
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics Empty
PostSubject: Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics   Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30 2011, 13:38

I've found that pic recently.
Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics 1759c

I wonder what do You think about that?

IMHO... I hope they have GOOD shooting weapons because when compared to, let's say, Ork 'ardboyz (they have worse BS, FC, +1 base attack and ability to either take shoota or CCW+Pistol) they look... pricy unless their "Necron" rule hide something like Fearless and "Reconstruction" is FNP-like?

Oh also this may be big fat phony Razz
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics   Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30 2011, 15:25

My gut says fake.

Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics   Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30 2011, 15:30

same... although it has some of the rumored upgrades, its just looks too good to be true, and if it was real, I would of seen more by now Razz

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics   Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30 2011, 15:35

Dunno, I've found it on pretty reliable site (Polish) with "It may be fake" in description.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics   Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30 2011, 16:02

The thing is though, if it's an actual page - where's the art and dividers?
If it's just a layout page why isn't there *space* for the art and/or dividers? I mean, clearly they already know what page the Dedicated Transports are on, so...
Also, why isn't it a full page scan, but a half page scan? The secret spy on the inside just wanted to really tease us as he released stuff?
Just enough little niggles that I don't expect it to be legit at all.

Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics   Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30 2011, 19:07

Warseer and BoLS have emphatically called it a fake.

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=319240

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics   Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30 2011, 19:29

Oh. That actually sounded enough "Mat Tard" to be true.
Back to top Go down
Blood drinker
Slave
Blood drinker

PostSubject: Necron pics!!   Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14 2011, 20:49

Beasts of war are posting pics of the new necrons they are sweet!

Sorry no links can't do them on an iPod.

you need to be dark,
to appreciate our art!!
Back to top Go down
Judgex83
Hellion
Judgex83

PostSubject: Re: Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics   Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14 2011, 22:06

http://www.beastsofwar.com/ the linky. I personally dont like necron models of any sort but im sure someone here cares

Hellion
Lazarus

PostSubject: Re: Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics   Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14 2011, 22:47

Hmmm should i buy some....I sort of liked the simplicity of the old range and I don't like all the new and exciting units it sort of takes away from what necrons are about monotamus hordes, if they have all these shiny metal robot monsters and flying thingys, it will take away from the image of the army!!

Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics   Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14 2011, 23:33

I'm personally neutral on most of those. The Flayed Ones look, to my mind, inferior. Most of the other stuff looks...okay. I kind of agree with Lazarus about the hordes thing, though I'll admit the players of the Dex certainly deserved some more options so the army could offer more than about two strategies.

Back to top Go down
Deneris
Hellion
Deneris

PostSubject: Re: Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics   Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15 2011, 05:25

I actually like the looks of the new Necrons... but I actually had a Necron force back in 2nd ed, with the all-metal warriors and scarabs that could detonate themselves... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics   Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15 2011, 05:48

I loved the look of the old ones - I still have a bunch (was actually debating using old scarabs for Razorwing Flocks)

The things I am not sold on are the vehicles and the Necron...masks(?) that the one squad is wearing (the single eye deals).

Back to top Go down
Lazarus
Hellion
Lazarus

PostSubject: Re: Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics   Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15 2011, 08:56

Vehicles are a naughty no-no for necrons and actually the masks are one of the things that i actually liked, the necron lords were cool too, seeing as their point is to be distinctive. I also take back what I said about the new shiny models, I've decided to read their fluff before i decided whether i like them or not.
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics   Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15 2011, 13:18

Some models are nice, some (Flayed ones) not.

I don't quite like "egyptian" touch - old models had little/none of it and that was actually good for ancient alien race.

Also, no green rods. WTH?

Probably I would mix old and new models... Wonder if there would be new Monolith.
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics   Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15 2011, 14:40

Anyone else notice that one of the lord options has a eldar rune on his hip????

Forum Rules - Read and Obey - Or Else!
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics   Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15 2011, 15:19

I'm impressed. The transport would have been funnier if they had completely ripped off the Trade Federation wrack mounted robot transports from the first prequil. I think it is a rather nice update for the flair of the army. How will it play?

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Sedarofe
Hellion
Sedarofe

PostSubject: Re: Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics   Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15 2011, 16:16

I don't get why people are against the vehicles. They -did- after all travel the galaxy fighting the old ones and the ancestors of the Eldar race. It makes sense they should have another way other then Monoliths to travel.
Back to top Go down
Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

PostSubject: Re: Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics   Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15 2011, 16:32

That same character also has a Tau emblem hanging off of him as well. Wonder what his story is.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics   Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15 2011, 16:52

Evil Space Elves wrote:
I'm impressed. The transport would have been funnier if they had completely ripped off the Trade Federation wrack mounted robot transports from the first prequil. I think it is a rather nice update for the flair of the army. How will it play?

I actually dig the vehicles. I just think that I like the idea of playing against Necrons with transports No
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics   Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15 2011, 17:15

I always thought about Monolith "dude, that's one big Drop Pod!".

I also would whine a bit about vechicle, this transport barque... too much Star Wars. I don't like it... maybe something between Doomsday Ark (one with reverse hull and gigant gun) + portal? Hor some reason, it don't look right, maybe I need to check model in real.
Back to top Go down
Father Dagon
Hellion
Father Dagon

PostSubject: Re: Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics   Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15 2011, 17:47

I actually really dig the range. I think the Ghost Ark looks so cool, but the Doomsday Ark is too obviously a modified Ghost Ark. I mean, it looks cool, but...

Otherwise, I really look forward to seeing these guys on the table.

Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics   Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15 2011, 18:15

Sedarofe wrote:
I don't get why people are against the vehicles. They -did- after all travel the galaxy fighting the old ones and the ancestors of the Eldar race. It makes sense they should have another way other then Monoliths to travel.
I've no problem with Necrons having vehicles.

I just sorta don't dig on the look of the vehicles at all. They don't feel menacing or sensible, and failing at both they accomplish little for me.
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics   Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15 2011, 19:45

I'm not completely sold on the new look either, the current ones have a nicer 'Terminator' look and feel to them I think, but my opinion may change once we see some nicer pics. Overall, the range had to change with the update - nothing stays the same for ever - and I think that GW did a very nice job.

Looking forward to seeing them on the tabletop. And I will at least be purchasing their new 'dex.

I could perhaps do with somewhat less of the Egyptian touch, although again it is quite well done. I don't see the need to tie them as closely to the Tomb-Kings-in-Space theme. Also, the Tau Ethereal already have plenty of Egyptian influence to them, do we need more? Or, since they have done this with Necrons, what do they have planned for the eventual new Ethereal?

Vehicles? Well, they need something to get all those tin'eads from A to B, so why not? I think they look great.

Necrons will be getting a battle barge early on, it looks like - a combined Raider/Ravager-type kit. Whereas it immediately brings to mind the FW battle barge with with a possible 3-gun broadside that we have seen one teeny-tiny sketch of, it's probably a closer equivalent to massed splinter fire - a Venom with an extra Splinter Cannon and another one or two carried by the passengers - or an all Dissie Ravager.

Either way, it doesn't look good for lightly-armoured, pointy space elves.

Doomsday Ark - gun platform:

Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics 281664_md-

or Ghost Ark - troop transporter:

Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics 281663_md-

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Grub
Wych
Grub

PostSubject: New necrons   Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16 2011, 13:27

As many of you are probably aware, the Necron 5th has been leaked with some pretty cool models and likely some horrible special rules. Just wondering what other people think about these new releases and anything that could make our lives harder- for example the tomb stalker which can only be harmed on a 6+ from splinter/poison weapons, imagine if they all had that rule :/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics   Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Necron news and rumors - update June 21, Anrakyr and Orikan pics
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next