THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

More classic Warhammer armies discontinued?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rokuro
Wych
Rokuro

More classic Warhammer armies discontinued? Empty
PostSubject: More classic Warhammer armies discontinued?   More classic Warhammer armies discontinued? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 26 2016, 20:28

I just took a look at the GW webstore, and what I saw was not pretty: Many older Warhammer models and even some newer ones are either sold out or about to be.

• The entire Bretonian line
  • Nearly all Finecast artillery and character models, especially mounted ones
  • All Dark "Aelf" Finecast units
  • Dwarven Miners
  • Empire Knights, Militia, Cannon and Mortar
  • Serval High "Aelf" plastic units; Spearmen, Archers, Silver Helms and even Sea Guard and the Bolt Thrower (which are comperatively new kits)
  • Serval Wood "Aelf" units, including Glade Riders and even Treekin (who are one of only three Sylvaneth units)
  • High "Aelf" shield sets
  • Battalion boxes for Bretonia, Empire, High "Aelves" and... Skaven?!

Meanwhile released: More Champions of Khorne. Yay...

Last edited by Rokuro on Mon Mar 28 2016, 02:55; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

PostSubject: Re: More classic Warhammer armies discontinued?   More classic Warhammer armies discontinued? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 27 2016, 13:42

In a week, the Grand Alliance: Order book comes out. I'm hoping that stuff disappearing off the webstore is just being repackaged and making its way back in for this in many cases (or at least with the newer stuff).

Wych
Rokuro

PostSubject: Re: More classic Warhammer armies discontinued?   More classic Warhammer armies discontinued? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 27 2016, 15:59

I'm certain that at least Bretonia will go the way of Khemri. GW saw no need for two undead factions, so they are unlikely to keep the second human faction around.

The dwarves, I'm seriously worried about. The idea that all "Duardin" are now part of the Fyreslayer cult is just absurd enough to fit right in with the rest of what passes for fluff in Age of Sigmar. Should that be confirmed canon, the good old Celtic steampunk dwarves are history.
And for the same reason, I wouldn't put it past GW to completely reboot their elves as well.
Back to top Go down
Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

PostSubject: Re: More classic Warhammer armies discontinued?   More classic Warhammer armies discontinued? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 27 2016, 19:40

It seems like the Dwarves are scattered into different groups in Age of Sigmar. Theres one 'technological group' in the Age of Sigmar App that has a mix of humans and dwarves using machines (dwarf copter, cannons, stuff like that)
Back to top Go down
Rokuro
Wych
Rokuro

PostSubject: Re: More classic Warhammer armies discontinued?   More classic Warhammer armies discontinued? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28 2016, 02:51

Ciirian wrote:
Theres one 'technological group' in the Age of Sigmar App that has a mix of humans and dwarves using machines (dwarf copter, cannons, stuff like that)

Quite ironic, considering that half of their war machines and nearly all of their engineer characters have just been discontinued.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: More classic Warhammer armies discontinued?   More classic Warhammer armies discontinued? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

More classic Warhammer armies discontinued?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DISCUSSION

:: Other News & Rumours
-
Jump to: