THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1850 corsair/craftworld list

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
dabirdisdaword
Slave
dabirdisdaword

1850 corsair/craftworld list  Empty
PostSubject: 1850 corsair/craftworld list    1850 corsair/craftworld list  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21 2016, 15:28

Hey, first list I've put up for critique online. Please be gentle.

*revisions made*

Corsair detachment

Command crew:

Corsair princess 125pts
Reaper of the outer dark
Void sabre
Jetpack
Shadowfield
Warlord

Void dreamer 140pts
ML3
Jetpack
Haywire
Power lance
Shimmershield

Primary coterie:
Skyburners

Corsair baron 35pts
Jetpack

Corsair reavers 95pts
Jetpacks
Brace of pistolsx3
Blasterx2

Corsair voidstormx10 245pts
Jetpacks
Tanglefield grenades
Brace of pistolsx9
Flamer, power lance, and ccwx1
Power lancex5

Secondary coterie 1:
Head takers

Corsair baron 60pts
Rage
Cloud dancer
Power maul

Corsair cloud dancersx3 145pts
Rage
Tanglefield grenades
Felarchx3
Powermaulx3

Secondary coterie 2:
Hate bringers

Baron 75pts
Cloud dancer
Haywire grenades
Shimmershield

Cloud dancersx5 200pts
5x dark(bright) lances

Eldar Cad

Farseer 120pts
Skyrunner
Singing spear

Autarch 130pts
Skyrunner
Banshee mask
Shard of anaris

Windridersx3 51pts

Windridersx3 81pts
Shuriken cannonsx3

Crimson hunter 160pts
Exarch
Starcannons

Swooping hawksx10 185pts
Exarch
Sunrifle

Princess and void dreamer go with the voidstorm, primary baron goes with reavers, and biker barons go with respective squads.

Farseer and Autarch attach to the Felarch clouddancers.

Last edited by dabirdisdaword on Fri Apr 22 2016, 15:20; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: 1850 corsair/craftworld list    1850 corsair/craftworld list  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21 2016, 16:44

Welcome to The Dark City!

The list looks very CC oriented, except that everyone is S3/T3! Very Happy

I'd consider a different relic on your princess, rather than a crescendo. There are so many that do so much more that it seems like a waste of a "first prince" choice. Maybe even take one of the other first prince choices, like walker of forgotten paths or something. This can grant your army a TON of mobility.

Just out of curiousity, how long have you been playing 40k?
Back to top Go down
dabirdisdaword
Slave
dabirdisdaword

PostSubject: Re: 1850 corsair/craftworld list    1850 corsair/craftworld list  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21 2016, 19:11

Thanks for the welcome, I've debated between crescendo, mask of secrets, and the reaper of the outer dark. How I planned to use the princess was using the crescendo, flamer, and pistol braces to whittle targets before finishing them with a charge when I was confident that I had removed enough teeth. That is the only thing stopping me from using reaper, as that can force unwanted charges.

I have been playing since '01 I think (don't quote me lol) started with IG, then played mostly craftworld until I started this list.

Will try a biker prince with mask of secrets if the t3 with a crescendo doesn't work as planned.
If I'm still having trouble will pull a doomrider and use the drugs. I really do want to try and maintain at least some good cc (output if not survuvablity) for fluff and fun. Are malevolents perhaps a better choice than voidstorm for that?
Back to top Go down
hydranixx
Wych
hydranixx

PostSubject: Re: 1850 corsair/craftworld list    1850 corsair/craftworld list  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21 2016, 23:52

I'm not sure if voidstorm come with Jetpacks automatically? Might need to buy them if they want to have the same mobility as the Prince and Void Dreamer. There's a decent chance you won't get Warp Tunnel (I assume that 's the spell you're gunning for) so you can't always secure a turn 1 charge that way.

Even if they do have Jetpacks automatically, I can't help but feel that they're a really expensive, and quite narrow, unit and the Princess and Void Dreamer only add to that exorbitant price tag (440 for 11 T3 wounds)

You could save a few points if 2 or 3 of them had only Brace of Pistols and CCW. Some will inevitably die to overwatch or shooting, and someone has to tank scary challenges against the 2++ snowflake, so you may as well take the wounds and challenge on cheaper models.

As for the Path, I think the Voidstorm would be great with Reaper of the Outer Dark to helptheir charges without costing you anything. It lets them theoretically shoot at one unit and charge another, so you get spoiled for tactical choice. You also get to choose which units get this special rule, so you can leave the Reavers and Jetbikes free from the rage.

If you wanted to keep collector of ancient treasures, then ONLY taking Crescendo for the Antique Path seems like a waste of the path option. There's lots of awesome items - Mask of Secrets as you say, is far better. Don't forget you can Master Craft other character's weapons, which could be nice for the Void Dreamer & Power Maul Baron, for example. Just some food for thought.

I like the Jetbikes though! Smile They're also just begging for Reaper of the Outer Dark, btw!

"Of course you should fight fire with fire! You should fight everything with fire."
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: 1850 corsair/craftworld list    1850 corsair/craftworld list  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22 2016, 14:34

Just a minor thing about the seer. I believe that you can only have a powerlance if mounted on a bike

Slave
dabirdisdaword

PostSubject: Re: 1850 corsair/craftworld list    1850 corsair/craftworld list  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22 2016, 15:38

I believe you're thinking of laser lance which would be Autarch on bike only. Void dreamer can take a power weapon including the lance.

I have tweaked the list (voidstorm have to buy jetpacks. I had accounted for the points but not added them to the list) moved some reavers over to voidstorm, changed paths. Oh and I'm more interested in warp blink and the primaris than warp tunnel (sure if I get tunnel I'll go for a quick assault but I won't bank on it)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1850 corsair/craftworld list    1850 corsair/craftworld list  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1850 corsair/craftworld list
Page 1 of 1