THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Wow, GW just made us even worse

Go down 
+25
Cavash
Maple Tiishay
Deathwasp11
Kantalla
Klaivex Charondyr
Rokuro
Aroshamash
CurstAlchemist
The Shredder
Ultra Magnus
The_Burning_Eye
Skulnbonz
CptMetal
BetrayTheWorld
hydranixx
Count Adhemar
amishprn86
The Red King
kuni
Creeping Darkness
Azdrubael
Jimsolo
Squidmaster
mrmagoo
spellcheck2001
29 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

Wow, GW just made us even worse Empty
PostSubject: Wow, GW just made us even worse   Wow, GW just made us even worse I_icon_minitimeWed May 04 2016, 20:46

FAQ's posted on GW's facebook page

Wow, GW just made us even worse Image27

study  My Wargaming blog   cherry  :- Objective Secured
Back to top Go down
http://www.objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk
mrmagoo
Sybarite
mrmagoo

PostSubject: Re: Wow, GW just made us even worse   Wow, GW just made us even worse I_icon_minitimeWed May 04 2016, 21:22

Yea not that big a deal. Just saved me a lot of points. Blasters no longer included in Warrior Venom squads.

Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Wow, GW just made us even worse   Wow, GW just made us even worse I_icon_minitimeWed May 04 2016, 21:23

Lets be fair, this is a first draft. If we whine and cry enough on the comment maybe they'll be kind? Shocked

http://www.escelionfilms.com
mrmagoo
Sybarite
mrmagoo

PostSubject: Re: Wow, GW just made us even worse   Wow, GW just made us even worse I_icon_minitimeWed May 04 2016, 21:24

Check out the Dark Eldar Face Book page.    There is enough Whining and Crying there to cover that.  Smile

I was mad at first but it really doesn't effect me all that much.

I like that they said that Jinx saves can be taken versus overwatch. I always played it that way but a few have argued it.

Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Wow, GW just made us even worse   Wow, GW just made us even worse I_icon_minitimeWed May 04 2016, 22:04

The reversal of the Shadowfield ruling takes some of the sting out. There's since bad, true, but a lot of good, too.
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: Wow, GW just made us even worse   Wow, GW just made us even worse I_icon_minitimeWed May 04 2016, 22:08

What reversal? You still have FAQ that says specifically about Shadowfield.

Creeping Darkness
Wych
Creeping Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Wow, GW just made us even worse   Wow, GW just made us even worse I_icon_minitimeWed May 04 2016, 22:20

Yes until our FAQ gets redone at least we are still unable to keep a Shadowfield after a FNP save.

I'm not too fussed about the jinking passengers, it was clearly an oversight.

The ruling on only using one grenade per squad in the assault phase took me by surprise though. Suddenly Swooping Hawks with their haywire grenade per person don't look so flash, and space marines' krak grenade per man are even harder hit.

Also a surprise buff against Crons:
FAQ wrote:

Q: Which has precedence between a Lance weapon and quantum shielding? Both rules modify what Armour ‘counts as’.
A: The effects cancel out and the normal Armour Values are used.

S8 vs AV11, ha!

Back to top Go down
http://thecreepingdarkness.blogspot.com
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: Wow, GW just made us even worse   Wow, GW just made us even worse I_icon_minitimeWed May 04 2016, 22:30

What oversight ? We used to be able too flat-out, roll some cover saves, next turn disembbark or not, then shoot. Now the same but shoot at BS1 even if you disembarked, cause you count as jinked...

Thats nerf, plain.

Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Wow, GW just made us even worse   Wow, GW just made us even worse I_icon_minitimeWed May 04 2016, 22:32

They haven't said yet it the new FAQS supercede old ones or not. If they don't, well, a Corsair Prince isn't an Archon.
Back to top Go down
Creeping Darkness
Wych
Creeping Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Wow, GW just made us even worse   Wow, GW just made us even worse I_icon_minitimeWed May 04 2016, 23:24

Sorry Azdrubael, I hadn't realised Jink now affects disembarked passengers too. That bit sucks. I don't have an issue with snap shooting while embarked on a jinking platform but it seems a bit rough once they're off!

Back to top Go down
kuni
Hellion
kuni

PostSubject: Re: Wow, GW just made us even worse   Wow, GW just made us even worse I_icon_minitimeWed May 04 2016, 23:33

Does it specifically say if you disembark a unit then you still count as jinking even if the unit does not have the jink special rule?
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: Wow, GW just made us even worse   Wow, GW just made us even worse I_icon_minitimeThu May 05 2016, 00:00

Yes. But there is a faint glimmer of hope. This might be a Dark kin buff in 2 years when we get an update and then we can ignore this rule and thus go back to our current dominant power level lol

Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Wow, GW just made us even worse   Wow, GW just made us even worse I_icon_minitimeThu May 05 2016, 00:11

DE just get nerf after nerf from 6th to 7th to this.

Dont forget we cant Ally Eldar into our Transports now either "BB can no longer start in transports" http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/attachment.php?s=f2e0e83d22fc3147b9c71bd377a0251d&attachmentid=18361&d=1462384262

The only glimmering hope is our fliers are now AA vehicles and AI, I can see 6 Flier lists coming out now.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Wow, GW just made us even worse   Wow, GW just made us even worse I_icon_minitimeThu May 05 2016, 00:12

I really have to take my hat off to GW. They've somehow managed to take one of the weakest armies out there and make it even weaker without even trying! I dread to think what will happen when/if they get round to doing a FAQ specifically for our codex.

hydranixx
Wych
hydranixx

PostSubject: Re: Wow, GW just made us even worse   Wow, GW just made us even worse I_icon_minitimeThu May 05 2016, 00:19

I love how we already need an FAQ to this FAQ. In GWs defense, though, it's just a draft as I understand it? If it remains as is though, it looks like Raiders are going to be seldom used outside of running Grotesqueries, now. Kabalite Gunboats still see some play due to Splinter Racks + Night Shields, but this is the final straw in a series of rules changes that nerfed Gunboats time and time again.

On the flip side, I'm really stoked reading that Lance's trump Quantum Shielding. That ruling, coupled with the jink rule now having passengers snap fire, is going to really helps out against Ghost Arks.

As for only one grenade per squad being used in CC, I'm actually ok with this. It basically nerfed a lot of infantry to the same level as our Wyches against vehicles in CC, which is a bittersweet, but welcome addition for Dark Eldar. I think it's going to help out a lot when 5 marines charge our Obsec Venoms.

Yes, it's a heavy nerf for Swooping Hawks, but come on, they already move 18", and still have more special rules than most entire codexes have, something has to give.

"Of course you should fight fire with fire! You should fight everything with fire."
Back to top Go down
Creeping Darkness
Wych
Creeping Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Wow, GW just made us even worse   Wow, GW just made us even worse I_icon_minitimeThu May 05 2016, 00:23

It really is a testament to the power level and enduring design of our Codex, that rules 'clarifications' seemingly designed to limit the worst excesses of our Craftworld cousins and Imperial Superfriends have, as an unintended byproduct, completely shafted several of our already few decent builds.

amishprn86 wrote:
Dont forget we cant Ally Eldar into our Transports now either "BB can no longer start in transports"

Well, they're not used to all the spikes, you see. They have to enter carefully lest they inadvertently impale themselves on their seat belt.

Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Wow, GW just made us even worse   Wow, GW just made us even worse I_icon_minitimeThu May 05 2016, 00:25

In all the games Ive playing with DE in 7th (even against the new White Scars crazy Rhino lists) Ive NEVER EVER NEVER EVER had Marines charge my Vehicles.

But yeah this is only a "draft" of the rules, they are doing Army FAQs 1 by 1 and doing them as Drafts too, they said they are listening to feed back and will make changes.

Im Assuming they will do some feed back another FAQ release tot he FAQs and then in about 3 months after that a New rule book.

I feel we will have a New BRB in 6-9 months. Im feeling around Jan-March.

Back to top Go down
hydranixx
Wych
hydranixx

PostSubject: Re: Wow, GW just made us even worse   Wow, GW just made us even worse I_icon_minitimeThu May 05 2016, 00:34

White Scars Rhino lists would never voluntarily attack anything in assault, let alone vehicles. I don't think they're an 'even these guys' type of specific army; they're the least likely of all marines to do it because they actively get to move away/into transports after rapid firing.

Your point is still relevant; it's rare for regular marines to charge vehicles. But against things such as bikers & scouts charging to contest/take objectives from our Venoms, and IG veterans with 10 meltabombs murdering a stray Talos or two, I think the limit to one nade per combat works to our advantage.

"Of course you should fight fire with fire! You should fight everything with fire."
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Wow, GW just made us even worse   Wow, GW just made us even worse I_icon_minitimeThu May 05 2016, 00:38

Yeah, It is a good change but at the same time a Bad change.

It limits options to deal with Super Heavies, Super Heavies are looking better and better.

Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Wow, GW just made us even worse   Wow, GW just made us even worse I_icon_minitimeThu May 05 2016, 00:52

The grenade decision is hands down the worst rules interpretation I've ever seen.
Back to top Go down
hydranixx
Wych
hydranixx

PostSubject: Re: Wow, GW just made us even worse   Wow, GW just made us even worse I_icon_minitimeThu May 05 2016, 02:01

I would still argue that it still doesn't weaken Dark Eldar because we have so few sources of grenades as it stands anyway. Were you planning to use plasma grenades to hurt super heavies? As for our almost mandatory Craftworld Eldar allies, yes, sadly, Fire Dragons & Swooping Hawks are made much weaker by this.

I'm more worried about the changes to sharing BB transports at the start of the game. It single handedly removes one of the few remaining uses for Raiders; deep striking CWE infantry. For such an iconic Dark Eldar vehicle, Raiders look set to be borderline unplayable outside of Succubus + Grotesqueries.

On the brightside, we're not Codex: Eldar Taxi's anymore Razz

Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Wow, GW just made us even worse   Wow, GW just made us even worse I_icon_minitimeThu May 05 2016, 02:40

These Changes are just pushing me to more Coven style list, but now with a couple fliers haha

Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Wow, GW just made us even worse   Wow, GW just made us even worse I_icon_minitimeThu May 05 2016, 03:19

Jimsolo wrote:
The grenade decision is hands down the worst rules interpretation I've ever seen.

I agree with this. Reading it, I immediately felt like I was reading the work of someone who was mentally challenged.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Wow, GW just made us even worse   Wow, GW just made us even worse I_icon_minitimeThu May 05 2016, 07:21

hydranixx wrote:
On the brightside, we're not Codex: Eldar Taxi's anymore Razz

The darkside of that brightside being that we can no longer include Farseers, Shadowseers etc in a Grotesquerie if we want the Grots in a Raider. So Freakshows get nerfed too.

Creeping Darkness
Wych
Creeping Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Wow, GW just made us even worse   Wow, GW just made us even worse I_icon_minitimeThu May 05 2016, 09:01

It's only Deep Strike that really suffers though. For anything else you can still start next to the transport and embark + flat out on your first turn.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wow, GW just made us even worse   Wow, GW just made us even worse I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wow, GW just made us even worse
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next