THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Cult of Bliss Bereaved

Go down 
+4
Amheir-ka
Cavash
Nyx_Necrodragon
Korazell
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Korazell
Sybarite
Korazell

Cult of Bliss Bereaved  Empty
PostSubject: Cult of Bliss Bereaved    Cult of Bliss Bereaved  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21 2016, 22:24

"A Cult?"
"Yes, a cult."

My goal is to make something "Cult" that works both on the display board and on the battlefield. I love Cults, Cults are fun, Cults armed with knives and a tiny hand-held gun. Beast-packs and hellions are swarming better run, oh how is this slaughter so much fun? - Oh, and a giant Imperial knight that they captured and converted out of spite to everyone saying Cult's suck. No rhyme for that part. Sorry.

My "Behind the scenes" Click iiittttt. thread, so to speak, where I'll be more than happy to discuss anything you want, so, if you want to know how something was done or how to do it, ask there and I'll certainly get back to you!

So, I recently moved to Texas and to celebrate my new living arrangements I embraced two ideologies from Austin. #1, Keep it weird. #2 Everything is bigger in Texas.  So, that of course, only lead to one logical outcome. A giant Imperial Knight Crusader converted to be up to Cult code.

Here is a few pictures of my purchase still packaged nice and neatly.

Mmm, new model smell
Ooooooo
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BypZXdK-6mlkTjZzTGwzbl84V2s/view?usp=sharing
Yay, sprues.

So, as you can see, a lot of parts. That's not even the bags with the avenger cannon, but, who cares about that? Let's get to the good stuff.

Here is some pictures of the parts mid-conversion.

Avenger cannon
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BypZXdK-6mlkZG5YTmxPcVBrYXM/view?usp=sharing https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BypZXdK-6mlkOXVmcHlvS0lLaEE/view?usp=sharing
Rapid Fire Battle Cannon: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BypZXdK-6mlkS2NIbnBWSXRUdTg/view?usp=sharing
Rockets: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BypZXdK-6mlkU2pwbUJsX181SEU/view?usp=sharing
Front: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BypZXdK-6mlkLTFzdFdZSWg3VE0/view?usp=sharing
Butt: 1https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BypZXdK-6mlkQzdGYkpkZlhFdkk/view?usp=sharing

As you may notice, some of the plastics and the likes are rough looking, that's all going to get cleaned up when everything is in place as well as the glue marks. I was having problems with the glue I was using not sticking the tiny parts firmly before drying so I ended up "globbing" but that works because with a little sanding, they will look like weld points which is just fine.

You may notice the Torso isn't here yet, well, that's coming soon! I'm still working on it and right now all that's changed is that it has spikes instead of handles...not very exciting yet!

WIP More to come!

" Your suffering will be legendary. It will make the dead, long forgotten in our dear Commorragh, rattle in their graves as your agony touches them even from the beyond. I will record each scream, each gurgle, each cry and it will be my sweetest lullaby. The tears you spill will be collected and I will savor them like fine drink for years to come. The blood you spill will be used to feed my house-plants, and your flesh I will feed to the Razorwing flocks. Your bones I will keep and fashion into my clothes like a medal awarded for reaching the highest plateau of torture. You will never steal my sandwych again!"
Back to top Go down
Nyx_Necrodragon
Kabalite Warrior
Nyx_Necrodragon

PostSubject: Re: Cult of Bliss Bereaved    Cult of Bliss Bereaved  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22 2016, 00:53

crap a cultified knight *squeal* I saw those chains on its arse and I'm thinking bodies! You've gotta have bodies hanging off those chains.

Right now that I've stopped bouncing up and down with excitement, ahem. Look forward to seeing more stuff also found something that's so up your street.

Take a look at the 'Dark Space Elf Fighting Pit' I'm gonna get one eventually. xx

Sybarite
Korazell

PostSubject: Re: Cult of Bliss Bereaved    Cult of Bliss Bereaved  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22 2016, 02:39

A cultified knight is right! I'll have to look into those bodies to hang off, but, that may be later as it says they take a while to ship! Still, that's not a problem if they get added on later!

I'll get some more done tonight. Specifically I'm going to work on the Toro and get that DE'd up a bit!

ALSO, totally in love with that fighting pit, I'm gonna get one!

" Your suffering will be legendary. It will make the dead, long forgotten in our dear Commorragh, rattle in their graves as your agony touches them even from the beyond. I will record each scream, each gurgle, each cry and it will be my sweetest lullaby. The tears you spill will be collected and I will savor them like fine drink for years to come. The blood you spill will be used to feed my house-plants, and your flesh I will feed to the Razorwing flocks. Your bones I will keep and fashion into my clothes like a medal awarded for reaching the highest plateau of torture. You will never steal my sandwych again!"
Back to top Go down
Korazell
Sybarite
Korazell

PostSubject: Re: Cult of Bliss Bereaved    Cult of Bliss Bereaved  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22 2016, 22:12

So my google-drive and email are being complete butts and won't upload the other three right now...so here is some sneak peaks.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BypZXdK-6mlkRXBybGc2dnljM28/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BypZXdK-6mlkQkN5TFRLQWtlZnM/view?usp=sharing

Back to top Go down
Korazell
Sybarite
Korazell

PostSubject: Re: Cult of Bliss Bereaved    Cult of Bliss Bereaved  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22 2016, 22:26

I got them uploaded!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BypZXdK-6mlkRkpCN0NNVTZSQ0J0RldKa2wzenlMSXlPODNr/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BypZXdK-6mlkcmdWTU0yTTFiWnBROTFCU2xjV2NyLVdNYm1J/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BypZXdK-6mlkYUl5c1pYV0lzX3FuQVJneG9iWWFVQjhIem9n/view?usp=sharing

Back to top Go down
Nyx_Necrodragon
Kabalite Warrior
Nyx_Necrodragon

PostSubject: Re: Cult of Bliss Bereaved    Cult of Bliss Bereaved  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22 2016, 22:44

You using clay for the base?

Sybarite
Korazell

PostSubject: Re: Cult of Bliss Bereaved    Cult of Bliss Bereaved  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22 2016, 22:45

I actually used some spackle. It's cheap and easy to use and glue sticks pretty well to it.

Back to top Go down
Nyx_Necrodragon
Kabalite Warrior
Nyx_Necrodragon

PostSubject: Re: Cult of Bliss Bereaved    Cult of Bliss Bereaved  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22 2016, 22:48

Really? well spank me and call me a wych, I never even considered that for basing. How long does it take to dry?

Sybarite
Korazell

PostSubject: Re: Cult of Bliss Bereaved    Cult of Bliss Bereaved  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22 2016, 22:49

Heh! Uh, the dry time is a little longer, depending on how much you slap on, but, I bought a heat gun sooooo...I bake it a bit to cheat and speed it up.

Back to top Go down
Nyx_Necrodragon
Kabalite Warrior
Nyx_Necrodragon

PostSubject: Re: Cult of Bliss Bereaved    Cult of Bliss Bereaved  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22 2016, 22:51

So there's plenty of time to slap on things like sand, yes? to get some extra texture

Sybarite
Korazell

PostSubject: Re: Cult of Bliss Bereaved    Cult of Bliss Bereaved  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22 2016, 22:53

Oh, for sure! You could do that just fine. I'd personally wait for it to dry then use a small layer of PVA glue watered down and then use the sand to add some texture. After that, you can use some more basing items to add variation, paint it all, then use grass, rocks, clumps, whatever you want!

Back to top Go down
Nyx_Necrodragon
Kabalite Warrior
Nyx_Necrodragon

PostSubject: Re: Cult of Bliss Bereaved    Cult of Bliss Bereaved  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22 2016, 23:01

Wizard! Thanks hun you've just saved me a ton on pva glue for my board.

Sybarite
Korazell

PostSubject: Re: Cult of Bliss Bereaved    Cult of Bliss Bereaved  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22 2016, 23:02

No problem!

If you see anything I've done and are wondering how, I'd be glad to explain.

Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Cult of Bliss Bereaved    Cult of Bliss Bereaved  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23 2016, 01:14

I really like how this is coming along. The base looks like it is off to a very promising start and I really look forward to seeing the whole thing painted. Very Happy

Cult of Bliss Bereaved  YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
Korazell
Sybarite
Korazell

PostSubject: Re: Cult of Bliss Bereaved    Cult of Bliss Bereaved  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23 2016, 01:27

Thanks!

The project is coming along speedily! If I can just take my attention away from total war long enough to sit and finish...I could honestly get done with everything in a few hours. I'll have to pull the stops out and accelerate!

Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Korazell
Sybarite
Korazell

PostSubject: Re: Cult of Bliss Bereaved    Cult of Bliss Bereaved  I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26 2016, 20:58

So, update!

I primed the thing yesterday and right now I'm laying down the foundation of what I call "Raven wing purple" which is my blending of the color, purple, with various shades.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BypZXdK-6mlkclg5MC15b3JWcnJxT2hQWEdRM0p3eHhkOERR/view?usp=sharing

I'm going to ease the transitions on the crotch-plate a touch and then figure out what to do with the silver...I originally thought it was a nice color for the metal, but, not I realize it's an eye-sore, by my own and DE standards...

I'm thinking some heavy tinting is in order, a rich dark color, either a very dark blue or green, not sure yet.

Back to top Go down
Nyx_Necrodragon
Kabalite Warrior
Nyx_Necrodragon

PostSubject: Re: Cult of Bliss Bereaved    Cult of Bliss Bereaved  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27 2016, 12:39

That purple is gorgeous and thats all I'm saying about that.

I'd go for blue, it makes the transition easier especially if your wet-blending.

Wych
CurstAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: Cult of Bliss Bereaved    Cult of Bliss Bereaved  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27 2016, 13:46

Looking good so far, can't wait to see it finished.
Back to top Go down
Korazell
Sybarite
Korazell

PostSubject: Re: Cult of Bliss Bereaved    Cult of Bliss Bereaved  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27 2016, 23:15

Here is what that super bright and happy pastels turned into~

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BypZXdK-6mlkU2QzRnZkMTVaXzg/view?usp=sharing

Yesterday was a horrid day for painting. Everything was nice and smooth and neat and my room-mates cat tipped a glass over and knocked it over, coating it in carpet fuzz...then I stripped and tried again, accidently loaded the wrong paint tint medium, ended up with a bright yellow, third time is the charm, though.

The details are going in by hand. So expect alot more colors soon!

My hobby desk is so messy >___>;

Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Cult of Bliss Bereaved    Cult of Bliss Bereaved  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28 2016, 00:52

Really nice purple! Sorry to hear about your unlucky painting day. I hope you don't get another like that for a while.

Back to top Go down
Korazell
Sybarite
Korazell

PostSubject: Re: Cult of Bliss Bereaved    Cult of Bliss Bereaved  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28 2016, 00:56

Thanks! Is the highlights and shades too subtle? None of that gleam is due to the lighting, so, just if that helps.

Back to top Go down
Nyx_Necrodragon
Kabalite Warrior
Nyx_Necrodragon

PostSubject: Re: Cult of Bliss Bereaved    Cult of Bliss Bereaved  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28 2016, 11:10

I like it, subtle is one of the things I cannot do so I love it when people can carry it off.

Sybarite
Korazell

PostSubject: Re: Cult of Bliss Bereaved    Cult of Bliss Bereaved  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29 2016, 20:16

So, since Nyx updated her project log I had to do mine, too.

...Also, I actually more than likely skipped some documenting steps. We'll pretend it was just the stage where I drug someone, bring them home, and sacrifice them to the purple painting gods for their blessing, fickle as they are.

So, here is the WIP of the base....

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BypZXdK-6mlkMjhKWjB6UWlVWnM/view?usp=sharing

And then with the legs!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BypZXdK-6mlkME8xT09EOTdubkU/view?usp=sharing  Legs are almost done...just need to paint the chainy-flesh bits on the plates.

Some shoulder pad goodness!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BypZXdK-6mlkWFZiZ0pxOGR4VG8/view?usp=sharing - Neon blue leopard spots, so hot right now in Commorragh.

Cult of Bliss Bereaved  16n8dn10

...Spoilers?!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BypZXdK-6mlkS2JoY0Q5XzZQYVk/view?usp=sharing

Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Cult of Bliss Bereaved    Cult of Bliss Bereaved  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29 2016, 21:03

Everything is coming along really well. That base is darn awesome. The attention to detail is nice, and I'd love to see a whole cult with those leopard spots on their Wychsuits. Very Happy

A cult knight. They called you mad. They were right. But it's so cool.

Back to top Go down
Korazell
Sybarite
Korazell

PostSubject: Re: Cult of Bliss Bereaved    Cult of Bliss Bereaved  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29 2016, 21:06

They called me mad?! Ahhaahahahahahahahaha!...Yeah, they are probably right.

Thank you! The base and the knight itself still needs a black oil wash to really get those cracks and crevices popping, but, in general, I'm pleased. I'm adding the ultra-marine trim to the ruined knight and then gotta base it up and paint the dirt and debris and bam!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cult of Bliss Bereaved    Cult of Bliss Bereaved  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cult of Bliss Bereaved
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next