THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Corsair vs Craftworld Lynx

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MHaruspex
Kabalite Warrior
MHaruspex

Corsair vs Craftworld Lynx Empty
PostSubject: Corsair vs Craftworld Lynx   Corsair vs Craftworld Lynx I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08 2016, 19:15

Hey guys,

Been looking into the Lynx a lot lately, and it's curious to note that there's a slight difference between the the Corsair and Craftworld versions. And as a side note, you can take a Craftworld Lynx in your DE army and remain battleforged - the Skyhunters Squadron in Doom of Mymeara is one of those formations that contains only one model.

Both versions of the Lynx are identical if you want the Sonic Lance (so might as well get the Craftworld version because it has better upgrades available), but the Pulsar is slightly different. The Craftworld one puts out a D Large Blast at 48" or 3 twin-linked D shots at 24", while the Corsair one has a range of 48" on both firing modes.

That said, the only upgrades available on the Corsair version are Star Engines (aka Improved Aethersails) for 15 points or Kinetic Shroud for a 5++ for the same cost.

Upgrades of interest on the Craftworld version, however, include Holofields (5++) and Spirit Stones - the latter of which is particularly nice, as you can ignore Shaken results on a 2+ or Stunned on a 4+. Also potentially interesting are the Crystal Targeting Matrix, Ghostwalk Matrix, and Vectored Engines.

What do you say? When you're running a list with the choice between a Craftworld or Corsair Lynx, would you lean towards the Craftworld version for its resistance to shaken results and other upgrades, or the Corsair version for its ability to pummel a Knight with 3 D shots from across the board?
Back to top Go down
MarcoAvrelis
Kabalite Warrior
MarcoAvrelis

PostSubject: Re: Corsair vs Craftworld Lynx   Corsair vs Craftworld Lynx I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08 2016, 21:14

MHaruspex wrote:
Hey guys,

the Skyhunters Squadron in Doom of Mymeara is one of those formations that contains only one model.

The skyhunter squadron is part of the Craftworld warhost detachment. It says nowhere that it may be taken as an ordinary formation outside a warhost (Unlike those formations who may be taken as stand alone formation).

Kabalite Warrior
MHaruspex

PostSubject: Re: Corsair vs Craftworld Lynx   Corsair vs Craftworld Lynx I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08 2016, 21:20

Are you certain? In the Craftworld book it would always specifically mention which formations could not be taken as stand-alone, rather than the other way around.
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: Corsair vs Craftworld Lynx   Corsair vs Craftworld Lynx I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08 2016, 23:01

Actually you're both wrong. Haruspex you are correct in the first statement not in the second. GW has been very clear about what is and is not a formation. A formation is any dataslate possessing the formation symbol. It just so happens that everything in the Craftworld section of IA11 is a formation. The things you can't take from craftworlds on their own (Outsiders, Wraith Constructs, Something something of Vaul that gives you falcons) can not be taken on their own because they are not formations due to lacking a formation dataslate possessing the formation symbol.

Formation symbol = legal stand alone choice.
Back to top Go down
MHaruspex
Kabalite Warrior
MHaruspex

PostSubject: Re: Corsair vs Craftworld Lynx   Corsair vs Craftworld Lynx I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08 2016, 23:12

Okay, good to know that is legal to do. Which statement was I wrong about then?
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: Corsair vs Craftworld Lynx   Corsair vs Craftworld Lynx I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08 2016, 23:36

About specific mention.
Back to top Go down
MarcoAvrelis
Kabalite Warrior
MarcoAvrelis

PostSubject: Re: Corsair vs Craftworld Lynx   Corsair vs Craftworld Lynx I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09 2016, 00:23

I am very glad to be wrong. Better vehicles for or my Deldar and Garlies is a big plus.

PostSubject: Re: Corsair vs Craftworld Lynx   Corsair vs Craftworld Lynx I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Corsair vs Craftworld Lynx
Page 1 of 1