THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

8th Edition

Go down 
+31
smith1186
Squidmaster
Klaivex Charondyr
stilgar27
Cavash
Klaive
Tounguekutter
The Red King
Painjunky
Erebus
Massaen
Demantiae
Kantalla
CurstAlchemist
Jimsolo
Creeping Darkness
BetrayTheWorld
Rokuro
Count Adhemar
gameoverman
nerdelemental
The_Burning_Eye
amishprn86
Ultimatejet
1++
Umbralz
Causalis
Imateria
Barking Agatha
CptMetal
megatrons2nd
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

8th Edition - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8th Edition   8th Edition - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10 2016, 15:47

I bet it will be new chaos Eldar... ;-)

Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: 8th Edition   8th Edition - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10 2016, 16:02

Draco wrote:
8th Edition - Page 5 Captur10

It can't be right? Probably just some chaos thing, or maybe nids?

Wheres this from?

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: 8th Edition   8th Edition - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10 2016, 16:09

CptMetal wrote:
I bet it will be new chaos Eldar... ;-)

If they steal my ideas I'll...actually be rather flattered Smile

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
Draco
Kabalite Warrior
Draco

PostSubject: Re: 8th Edition   8th Edition - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10 2016, 16:25

Squidmaster wrote:
Draco wrote:
8th Edition - Page 5 Captur10

It can't be right? Probably just some chaos thing, or maybe nids?

Wheres this from?

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2016/11/40k-rumors-sisters-of-battle-8th-ed.html
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: 8th Edition   8th Edition - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10 2016, 16:44

Hmmm, I'm not sure if this is just the inner Nurglite in me (disliking Change), but the 'big change, halfway to AoS' worries me somewhat.

Which halfway? Halfway on the rules/codices/gameplay front? That might be quite welcome actually.

Halfway on the apocalyptic nuking of the setting/reorganisation of all the factions/squatting of the less popular armies front? Hell no that would be really alienating.

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: 8th Edition   8th Edition - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10 2016, 17:36

Squidmaster wrote:
Wheres this from?

It was originally posted on Bolter and Chainsword then the rumor groups jumped all over it. Here is the original thread on it.
http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/327684-possible-8th-edsob-rumors/
Back to top Go down
smith1186
Hellion
smith1186

PostSubject: Re: 8th Edition   8th Edition - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11 2016, 04:15

Sorry, but the 'sharp edge alien things' could also MUCH more likely be daemons which follows the SoB Meta a lot better.

A church guarding force going up against daemon sounds way more interesting and possible considering the vast amount of chaos players compared to our little niche group.

I doubt with all certainty that it is not DE.

If they were DE, then they 'WOULD' look more like the eldar in his collection. The fact that he says they dont look anything like his eldar is a further indication that they are not.

sorry folks but that's my two cents

EDIT: Also, this rumour comes from a guy 'On the retail side of things WHO RECENTLY FINISHED TRAINING!!!!!'... Its a new store runner who is fresh at his store not someone at GW HQ, Nottingham.

Get out ur salt shakers and start pouring.

Hellion
Ultimatejet

PostSubject: Re: 8th Edition   8th Edition - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14 2016, 13:48

I agree with smith, Chaos Daemons, probably Nurgle or Slaanesh suits a lot better with Sororitas. Maybe Tyranids, but don't know

Anyway true or not rumor, I wonder what GW is gonna do with Dark Eldar, we are the only army with Tyranids that actually miss a decurion
Back to top Go down
megatrons2nd
Kabalite Warrior
megatrons2nd

PostSubject: Re: 8th Edition   8th Edition - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14 2016, 14:32

Not in their eyes we're not. You remember "The Kabalite Riding Party" and the one in the covens book that I don't own? Those count in GW's mind; ours was first, and thus weakest, as per usual.

Hellion
Ultimatejet

PostSubject: Re: 8th Edition   8th Edition - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14 2016, 18:10

megatrons2nd wrote:
Not in their eyes we're not.  You remember "The Kabalite Riding Party" and the one in the covens book that I don't own?  Those count in GW's mind; ours was first, and thus weakest, as per usual.

It's not the same thing as a Necron decurion for example, is very different. That was a single formation, yes maybe a prototype of a Decurion style-foc but other armies of the 7th edition, like Orks, Space Wolves and Blood Angels that got a codex before the introduction of the decurion, had a formation like our Kabalite Riding Party but they also took a Decurion with a campaign or update.

I'm just hoping we can have the same treatment of those armies before the end. 8th edition can erease Dark Eldar from be an indipendent army and if a decurion do not comes out, maybe this can really be our destiny... Sad
Back to top Go down
megatrons2nd
Kabalite Warrior
megatrons2nd

PostSubject: Re: 8th Edition   8th Edition - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14 2016, 20:16

Ultimatejet wrote:
megatrons2nd wrote:
Not in their eyes we're not.  You remember "The Kabalite Riding Party" and the one in the covens book that I don't own?  Those count in GW's mind; ours was first, and thus weakest, as per usual.

It's not the same thing as a Necron decurion for example, is very different. That was a single formation, yes maybe a prototype of a Decurion style-foc but other armies of the 7th edition, like Orks, Space Wolves and Blood Angels that got a codex before the introduction of the decurion, had a formation like our Kabalite Riding Party but they also took a Decurion with a campaign or update.

I'm just hoping we can have the same treatment of those armies before the end. 8th edition can erease Dark Eldar from be an indipendent army and if a decurion do not comes out, maybe this can really be our destiny... Sad

That Happens, and my army will hit ebay real quick. I'm already a bit disenfranchised with 40K as it is due to the rules bloat, and the imbalances in the game. I've played about 8 games in the last 4 years for the same reason.

Hellion
Ultimatejet

PostSubject: Re: 8th Edition   8th Edition - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14 2016, 22:36

I play once a week with my friends with 7th edition rules with no faq and no supplements and I sometimes manage to win with my Dark Eldar. We still have fun and we're not sure to introduce 8th edition in our games, maybe a fun made (like 9th for fantasy) edition could better fit our desires. We will see, 7th edition have its problem but I don't want a new edition in which I have to sell one of my two army.

Even if 8th edition will ruin them, I will not sell them because they're the most beautiful miniatures GW have ever created and I love the background.
Back to top Go down
Barking Agatha
Wych
Barking Agatha

PostSubject: Re: 8th Edition   8th Edition - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15 2016, 03:53

Ultimatejet wrote:
I agree with smith, Chaos Daemons, probably Nurgle or Slaanesh suits a lot better with Sororitas. Maybe Tyranids, but don't know

Anyway true or not rumor, I wonder what GW is gonna do with Dark Eldar, we are the only army with Tyranids that actually miss a decurion

Is there a point to that by now? Even if a DE decurion came out in January, it would be obsolete two or three months later when 8th Edition rules change everything again. It wouldn't be the first time, but I for one would not be thrilled.
Back to top Go down
smith1186
Hellion
smith1186

PostSubject: Re: 8th Edition   8th Edition - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15 2016, 05:39

Barking Agatha wrote:
Is there a point to that by now? Even if a DE decurion came out in January, it would be obsolete two or three months later when 8th Edition rules change everything again. It wouldn't be the first time, but I for one would not be thrilled.

(Note: Please read the following as sarcasm with some truth)

Who cares, we didnt choose the true kin because they are easy to win with.

We chose them because they are evil, twisted, self centered bastards that play the game on hard/expert level.

We use the tactics of pain because we like it and we are used to enduring the pain that our GW Overlords give us.

If u wanna run a competitive, true-kin-esque faction and win a lot, go play Corsairs.

Otherwise, grab ur BDSM gear, drink ur absinthe and go teach the chaos player what true depravity in the 40k universe is.

WE DONT NEED NO STINKING NEW DEX!!!!

Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: 8th Edition   8th Edition - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15 2016, 14:56

@smith1186 Exactly.

Let the frail Monkeigh worry about "the next greatest thing". We will destroy them with our dark light and poison which has remained largely unchanged since 3ed Ed.

Only the cunning survive in the Dark City, why should it be any different on the table-top?
Back to top Go down
Ultimatejet
Hellion
Ultimatejet

PostSubject: Re: 8th Edition   8th Edition - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15 2016, 16:49

Barking Agatha wrote:
Ultimatejet wrote:

Yes there is no point for the purpousal of the game. Decurion will be obsolete in 2-3 months as 8th edition is probably coming out in spring 2017.

A Dark Eldar decurion/formation release means that Dark Eldar will have the "power" to remain an indipendent army. If we're going to be the only "major army" without a decurion before the 8th edition it means that probably we will become, even more than now and totally, just an Eldar supplement and I personally don't like it because they're very different.

Grey Knights probably will get their decurion in the next Wulfen campaign book.

Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: 8th Edition   8th Edition - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28 2016, 15:13

So I am guessing that there is no GK decurion in this wolfen release? That leaves us, GK, and the Nids? (not counting SoB/Inq)
Back to top Go down
Draco
Kabalite Warrior
Draco

PostSubject: Re: 8th Edition   8th Edition - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28 2016, 15:54

I think so, and Inq is getting a new supplement soon.
Back to top Go down
Causalis
Kabalite Warrior
Causalis

PostSubject: Re: 8th Edition   8th Edition - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28 2016, 17:24

Quote :
I think so, and Inq is getting a new supplement soon.

From what I've read: Nope. Codex: Imperial Agents is just all those small factions (Inquisition, Militarum Tempestus etc.) rolled into one book. I do expect that those factions get some rule updates etc. but it won't be a supplement for the Inquisition (and most likely won't contain that much new stuff that I would count it as a supplement for any of the other factions). Still looking forward to it as I just started building a Militarum Tempestus army and I have some Inquisition too. ^^
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: 8th Edition   8th Edition - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28 2016, 19:41

That's just it, if they are all in one book there is likely a way to field them with the support they need in a single detachment. So far I have not gotten the impression this will be a simple anthology.
Back to top Go down
Causalis
Kabalite Warrior
Causalis

PostSubject: Re: 8th Edition   8th Edition - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28 2016, 20:05

Quote :
That's just it, if they are all in one book there is likely a way to field them with the support they need in a single detachment. So far I have not gotten the impression this will be a simple anthology.

Hmm... sounds interesting. So that would be Inquisition, Commissar and Tempestus Command Squad as HQ choices, Scions and Henchmen Warband as Troops and Custodes, Sisters of Silence, Gray Knight Termis etc. as elite choices + vehicles.

I'll already be pleased if each of those squads get some love. Give the Scions their Infiltrate back and lift that stupid "Ordo XY only" restriction for the Inquisition (the Ordo Xenos can't take a Power Fist for example).

Also: Relics!
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: 8th Edition   8th Edition - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28 2016, 21:19

More likely there will be a Macro-detachment with a wide variety of formations for each of the above. Although what your suggesting would also be very/more interesting and more like what people have wanted based on web chatter.
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: 8th Edition   8th Edition - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29 2016, 07:56

I love all these rumours of 8th ed when the previous editions have all lasted 4-6 years save 6th ed which lasted 2.

Given the new releases of late, 8th would likely be a minor set of updates incorporating the FAQ - more 7.5 than a true 8th. GW are not in the habit of releasing a codex only to invalidate it a month or 2 later by a complete rule set change.

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: 8th Edition   8th Edition - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29 2016, 14:32

No? Have you ever heard what happened to the last real Sisters codex?

Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: 8th Edition   8th Edition - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29 2016, 14:44

Uh, The End TImes.

Massive releases, new rules sets, and months later, bam.

Granted, its the other system, but still.

TO add, we haven't really had a major rules shift in a LONG time. Even 3rd to 4th, 4th to 5th, 5th to 6th, and 6th to 7th, those were smallish jumps in rules variations. Nothing MAJOR really changing between them, and no books made obsolete by them.

The last time we had a major shift was from 2nd to 3rd, and at the time, Sisters was released in August 1997, with the release of 3rd Edition and the new Space Marine and Dark Eldar books being September/October/November 1998. Minimum over six months.

And I notice that by adding, I also argued the point against myself.

3rd edition Sisters (Witchhunters) were released in April 2004, with 4th edition dropping in August 2004, just 4ish months later.
But 4th was just a little step. More of a 3.5 itself.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 8th Edition   8th Edition - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

8th Edition
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next