THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

next edition rumour

Go down 
+19
Archon_91
Korona
Rhivan
Azdrubael
Elvellyn
The Strange Dark One
Cherrycoke
Ynneadwraith
Hen Tai, the tentacle guy
doriii
Scrz
Squidmaster
BizarreShowbiz
Calyptra
Painjunky
Rewind
Shadowharte
BetrayTheWorld
CptMetal
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

next edition rumour  Empty
PostSubject: next edition rumour    next edition rumour  I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28 2016, 19:24

I got rumors regarding the next part of the progressing story line for the next edition:
The imperium gets his ass kicked by chaos on Cadia and the dark Eldar come to the rescue led by..... The white scars Primarch!
They evacuate through the Web way and probably the sisters stay behind to buy some time to evacuate.

Dark Eldar, led by the Khan!
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: next edition rumour    next edition rumour  I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28 2016, 19:37

source?
Back to top Go down
Shadowharte
Hellion
Shadowharte

PostSubject: Re: next edition rumour    next edition rumour  I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28 2016, 20:09

Why in the world would they come to the rescue of Cadia and allow themselves to be led by a Mon'Keigh?
Back to top Go down
Rewind
Kabalite Warrior
Rewind

PostSubject: Re: next edition rumour    next edition rumour  I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28 2016, 21:10

Probably because whatever deal we made, we plan on shirking on our part of the bargain and taking everyone as slaves?

Didn't we recently ally with some CWE in exchange for a bunch of their Soul Stones? Hopefully to allow us to corrupt Wraith Lords Smile

I would assume whatever arrangement we made this time, must have have something to do with the Warp Gate that's apparently about to open into Commorragh?

Above is all speculation
Back to top Go down
Painjunky
Wych
Painjunky

PostSubject: Re: next edition rumour    next edition rumour  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29 2016, 04:31

That sounds really dumb... Its almost certainly true.
Back to top Go down
Calyptra
Wych
Calyptra

PostSubject: Re: next edition rumour    next edition rumour  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29 2016, 06:10

That would probably make me quit 40k again and go back to Fantasy Warmachine.

Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: next edition rumour    next edition rumour  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29 2016, 06:28

That's all I know. Perhaps it's the "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" rule or we get them to fight demons at the gate or the Khan built his own little empire that incorporates Dark Eldar too.

Why would you quit? That's some story line progression. Finally!
Back to top Go down
Calyptra
Wych
Calyptra

PostSubject: Re: next edition rumour    next edition rumour  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29 2016, 09:00

I don't want story line progression; I just want a compelling setting with plenty of room for me to play in.

(The Old World was another setting that I loved, and it got story line progessioned into oblivion not too long ago. Story line progression is not inherently good.)

Bringing back the Khan robs us of one of our major (implied) victories; having Dark Eldar working for a prey species animal robs us of agency and identity.

As much as I love 40k, I really don't love GW trying to shove Space Marines down my throat every time I turn around. Suddenly having True Kin serving Marines, in contradiction to established lore, is piling a whole lot of insult onto injury. (And I don't see them writing about Chapters whose brains were rewritten by Haemonculi to make them willing slaves to Commorragh, which would at least make sense.)

Basically, I really like Dark Eldar, I don't like Marines, and I really like that my faction just plain doesn't really care if the Imperium burns or not. After so many years of being ignored by GW while Marines get everything all the time, to be told, "Oh, you guys work for Space Marines now" would kill the last spark of my enthusiasm.

Back to top Go down
BizarreShowbiz
Sybarite
BizarreShowbiz

PostSubject: Re: next edition rumour    next edition rumour  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29 2016, 09:16

CptMetal wrote:
I got rumors regarding the next part of the progressing story line for the next edition:
The imperium gets his ass kicked by chaos on Cadia and the dark Eldar come to the rescue led by..... The white scars Primarch!
They evacuate through the Web way and probably the sisters stay behind to buy some time to evacuate.

Dark Eldar, led by the Khan!

next edition rumour  I-dont-believe-you

Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: next edition rumour    next edition rumour  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29 2016, 10:19

Eeeehhh I heard this one yesterday from another friend who must hsve read it yesterday.

It's floating, but I doubt it.

Now I;ve heard several times in the past that the Kahn is in the fighting pits of Commoragh, so maybe he gets released for Cadia, but I would not say LEADING the Dark Eldar. Thats unlikely.

EDIT: Unless something has been done to him. By Haemonculi. If he's been turned into a super-Primarch-Talos, I'll be happy with that.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: next edition rumour    next edition rumour  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29 2016, 10:39

Maybe it was just a bargain:
Release me to help the imperium and I fight chaos and seal the gate in Commorragh?

Sybarite
Scrz

PostSubject: Re: next edition rumour    next edition rumour  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29 2016, 11:05

Oh yeah this is definitively happening.
The haemonculi implanted some neural stimulator tendrils directly into his brain to make him prone to lose himself in a berserker rampage in order to make him a better gladiator pit slave.
Now, when they release him on the battlefield, because he runs around as likely to be killing friend as foe people have started calling him Kahn the betrayer.
The model is clad in power armor with the arms bare holding a huge chainaxe in each hand dynamically posed as charging forw.... Where are you going? Don't leave, this is going to be aweso...
the local GW store manager sai...
....aaawwww.
next edition rumour  Tumblr_ma0apjupsg1r8q9x8o1_500

Squirrel!
Back to top Go down
doriii
Sybarite
doriii

PostSubject: Re: next edition rumour    next edition rumour  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29 2016, 11:54

Scrz wrote:
Oh yeah this is definitively happening.
The haemonculi implanted some neural stimulator tendrils directly into his brain to make him prone to lose himself in a berserker rampage in order to make him a better gladiator pit slave.
Now, when they release him on the battlefield, because he runs around as likely to be killing friend as foe people have started calling him Kahn the betrayer.
The model is clad in power armor with the arms bare holding a huge chainaxe in each hand dynamically posed as charging forw.... Where are you going? Don't leave, this is going to be aweso...
the local GW store manager sai...
....aaawwww.
next edition rumour  Tumblr_ma0apjupsg1r8q9x8o1_500

lol

anyways, maybe we've got a 'deal' with the monkeys and when they fulfill their part we say: HAH frak you
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: next edition rumour    next edition rumour  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29 2016, 13:23

Just like that "deal" Rakarth made with the Tau.....

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: next edition rumour    next edition rumour  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29 2016, 13:52

If this is true, they better make a horrible, evil, gruesome twist to this unlikely partnership. Otherwise it sounds like GW is doing to the plotline, what George Lukas did to Indiana Jones: kingdom of the crystal skull.

Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: next edition rumour    next edition rumour  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29 2016, 15:15

...these are the people that buddied up Blood Angels and Necrons to fight the Tyranids.

I have hope...but not faith.

If I was a 60-million-year-old undead space robot, Tyranids would be something that happened to other people.

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
Cherrycoke
Kabalite Warrior
Cherrycoke

PostSubject: Re: next edition rumour    next edition rumour  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29 2016, 17:37

Calyptra wrote:
I don't want story line progression; I just want a compelling setting with plenty of room for me to play in.

(The Old World was another setting that I loved, and it got story line progessioned into oblivion not too long ago. Story line progression is not inherently good.)

Bringing back the Khan robs us of one of our major (implied) victories; having Dark Eldar working for a prey species animal robs us of agency and identity.

As much as I love 40k, I really don't love GW trying to shove Space Marines down my throat every time I turn around. Suddenly having True Kin serving Marines, in contradiction to established lore, is piling a whole lot of insult onto injury. (And I don't see them writing about Chapters whose brains were rewritten by Haemonculi to make them willing slaves to Commorragh, which would at least make sense.)

Basically, I really like Dark Eldar, I don't like Marines, and I really like that my faction just plain doesn't really care if the Imperium burns or not. After so many years of being ignored by GW while Marines get everything all the time, to be told, "Oh, you guys work for Space Marines now" would kill the last spark of my enthusiasm.

I always find myself agreeing with your posts, but, what you just wrote especially, word for word, sums up my own thoughts.
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dark One
Wych
The Strange Dark One

PostSubject: Re: next edition rumour    next edition rumour  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29 2016, 20:54

I think the Dark Eldar being led by a human is beyond believable. The idea by itself is ridiculous and the Imperium could just as well try to lead the Necrons, or a horde of Orks into battle.

Btw. I just did some research and read that the Black Templars once made "diabolical pacts" with the Dark Eldar having the goal in mind to distract the Alpha Legion. Does anybody have more information about this "pact"?
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: next edition rumour    next edition rumour  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29 2016, 22:41

There is no such thing as a so called "Alpha Legion".

Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: next edition rumour    next edition rumour  I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30 2016, 00:26

Cherrycoke and Calyptra...

Could not agree more.

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
Calyptra
Wych
Calyptra

PostSubject: Re: next edition rumour    next edition rumour  I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30 2016, 07:24

Thanks, guys. I often feel like I'm just shouting into the ether about this stuff, or else trying to explain my perspective to players with wildly different priorities, so I appreciate the validation. Smile

These rumors feel uncomfortably like Abaddon's last 13th Black Crusade (back in 3rd ed) when GW lumped us in with Chaos for no adequately explained reason. I know they're trying to ensure nobody gets left out, but they're still writing yet another Imperium vs Chaos story. They're perfectly content leaving us out of everything 9 years out of 10 anyway, so I wish they'd also pass us over in these big events that have nothing to do with us, instead of shoehorning us in as an afterthought in ways that don't make any sense.

Someone once told me this story, and though I have never been able to independently verify it, I really want it to be true:

During the Eye of Terror Campaign, there was an official, really big, really multiplayer game (at a convention or Games Day or some such) with a number of Dark Eldar players involved. The Dark Eldar players were unhappy about being placed on the same side as Ahriman ("Why would we help him get into the webway? That's where we keep all our stuff!"), and so several turns in, when the Chaos forces were committed, the Dark Eldar unofficially switched sides. So we lost, which was fine, because it meant that Chaos lost too. Apparently (so the story goes) the GW rep running the game was red in the face furious at them for it.

Again, I do not know if this is true, but it makes me happy to think that it might be.

Back to top Go down
Elvellyn
Hellion
Elvellyn

PostSubject: Re: next edition rumour    next edition rumour  I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30 2016, 09:20

THIS
Calyptra wrote:

I really hope this one doesn't come true. I hope they don't merge us into 1 big generic Eldar army either. I'd rather them leave us out again than change us completely. We chose Dark Eldar for a reason, and for them to take that away from us just isn't fair.
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: next edition rumour    next edition rumour  I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30 2016, 10:12

Yeah I'll second that as well. A lot of people don't seem to get why Dark Eldar and Eldar shouldn't be the same army. They're two very distinct different armies and cultures. It's like someone saying 'why don't you just make Space Wolves and Black Templars the same army'.

It's because they're not the same army.

Oh, and as far as big campaigns and 'moving the story forward' is concerned I love the idea of big player-driven conflicts that feed into the fluff...but make it non-critical worlds. Things like Armageddon, or Vraks, or some other world that's not the linchpin of Imperial defence (if it must be around the Imperium).

That way we get to 'move the story forward', but it doesn't break the universe. We get to feel like our battles are a genuine part of the fluff, and they don't have to get retconned to kingdom come because the result of the campaign wrecks one or more of the factions.

Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: next edition rumour    next edition rumour  I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30 2016, 15:20

Corsairs do whatever the hell they like. Also working for some planetary governors and maybe allying against common enemy Chaos.

As far as computer games go - in recent Battlefleet Gothic you can ally Eldar Corsair faction and bring down plantkiller with them. Its the same conflict.

Rhivan
Sybarite
Rhivan

PostSubject: Re: next edition rumour    next edition rumour  I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 31 2016, 05:47

The Dark Eldar would never serve a lesser race. Manipulate them for their own ends yes. But never follow. Never serve.

I'm share the sentiments with everyone else in this thread... At the very least GW has recently been doing decently so we can hope.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: next edition rumour    next edition rumour  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

next edition rumour
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next