THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Corpsethief Claw + Purge Coterie + CAD

Go down 
+2
Count Adhemar
Sturmvogel
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Sturmvogel
Slave
Sturmvogel

Corpsethief Claw + Purge Coterie + CAD Empty
PostSubject: Corpsethief Claw + Purge Coterie + CAD   Corpsethief Claw + Purge Coterie + CAD I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25 2016, 09:41

Dear buddies,

I would like to share with you a list I created using both regular DE codex and Haemonculus Coven supplement, hope you like it and please feel free to add any comments.
Take note this is not a tournament list, just a casual one:

DARK ARTISAN FORMATION (HC)

HQ

- Hemonculus w/ webway portal 105

HEAVY SUPPORT

- Cronos w/ Spirit Probe 125
- 4 Talos w/ Twin Linked Splinter Cannons 480

REALSPACE RAIDERS FORMATION (DE)

HQ

- Sslyth w/ Venom 2 Splinter Cannons 90

ELITES

- Kabalite Trueborn x 5 w/ 2 Splinter Cannons mounted on Venom w/ 2 Splinter Cannons 150

TROOPS

- Kabalite Warriors x 5 w/ Venom 2 Splinter Cannons 105
- Kabalite Warriors x 5 w/ Venom 2 Splinter Cannons 105

FAST ATTACK

- 6 x Reavers w/ 2 Cluster Caltrops 126
- 6 x Reavers w/ 2 Cluster Caltrops 126
- 3 x Reavers w/ 1 Cluster Caltrop 63
- 5 x Scourges w/ 4 Haywire Blasters 120
- Venom w/ 2 Splinter Cannons 65
- Venom w/ 2 Splinter Cannons 65

HEAVY SUPPORT

- Ravager w/ 3 Dark Lances 125

So, this is it.
It has mobility with 3 reaver units, loads of poison shots (100+ turn) and a though unit of 4 Talos and 1 Cronos to place wherever I like with the Webway Portal.
Maybe the list lacks a little anti-tank firepower, I'm considering switching the Splinter Cannons on the Talos for Haywire Blasters...
What do you guys think about it?

Last edited by Sturmvogel on Tue Jul 26 2016, 11:40; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Corpsethief Claw + Purge Coterie + CAD   Corpsethief Claw + Purge Coterie + CAD I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25 2016, 09:52

Personally I'd switch to 2 CAD's rather then the Realspace Raiders as you can get Objective Secured without losing anything of worth. Switch the Sslyth for 2 x Lhamaens and move one of the FA Venoms to HQ as a dedicated transport.

Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

PostSubject: Re: Corpsethief Claw + Purge Coterie + CAD   Corpsethief Claw + Purge Coterie + CAD I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25 2016, 10:06

I thought the Dark Artisan was a single Talos and Cronos. I'm not sure you can take a unit of Talos as part of it.

Back to top Go down
Sturmvogel
Slave
Sturmvogel

PostSubject: Re: Corpsethief Claw + Purge Coterie + CAD   Corpsethief Claw + Purge Coterie + CAD I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25 2016, 10:06

Then I'll be forced to take 4 warrior squads instead of 2 and I don't have many spare points to use...
My tactic normally is blow up any unit that will contest an objective I want as if I try to contest it, normally I get ripped apart with T3...
Back to top Go down
Sturmvogel
Slave
Sturmvogel

PostSubject: Re: Corpsethief Claw + Purge Coterie + CAD   Corpsethief Claw + Purge Coterie + CAD I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25 2016, 10:07

Aw... then it's the formation with 4 Talos and 1 Cronos, I don't have the supplement in front of me right now
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Corpsethief Claw + Purge Coterie + CAD   Corpsethief Claw + Purge Coterie + CAD I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25 2016, 10:08

Kantalla is correct - its a single Talos, Cronos and Haemonculus in a formation separate to any other.

That DA is presently illegal

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Sturmvogel
Slave
Sturmvogel

PostSubject: Re: Corpsethief Claw + Purge Coterie + CAD   Corpsethief Claw + Purge Coterie + CAD I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25 2016, 10:35

Sorry, you are absolutely right, the list is wrong, I'll do it again and edit it!
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Corpsethief Claw + Purge Coterie + CAD   Corpsethief Claw + Purge Coterie + CAD I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25 2016, 13:31

Sturmvogel wrote:
Aw... then it's the formation with 4 Talos and 1 Cronos, I don't have the supplement in front of me right now

There is no such formation sadly... I think you mean the corpse thief claw which is 5 Talos only.

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
RoadRageRob666
Hellion
RoadRageRob666

PostSubject: Re: Corpsethief Claw + Purge Coterie + CAD   Corpsethief Claw + Purge Coterie + CAD I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25 2016, 15:51

Hey man,

Im no expert, so take what I say with a grain of salt, but first off, as people have mentioned, there is no formation with 4 Talos, 1 Cronos, and 1 haemy. Idk if you are going to switch it to the Corpse thief claw, or Dark artisan; regardless, Im a huge supporter of ichor injectors on the talos, that way you have Instant Death, Fleshbane, AP2 attacks.

If you go with the Dark Artisan, Id personally drop the WWP so that your "deathstar" is on board turn 1 and able to distract the opponent, and soak up firepower. If you were to go with the WWP option (im not a huge fan, but hey, its not my list :p), maybe kit the whole unit out with Liquifiers, and Heat Lance... its expensive, and liquifiers are a tough sell, but with WWPing, you arent able to assault on the turn you arrive.

Id agree with you, youre probably lacking alot of AT. Personally, Im not a fan of Haywire on Talos, I just dont find it hugely effective, and we have better options. Among which,  Heatland on reavers (I find to be exceedingly effective), Ravagers (obviously), Haywire scourge (reliable, but limited in purpose, and fragile), blasterborn, and 5x kabs w/ 1 blaster (hate it or love it, it is indeed an option :p).

Recommendations wise: figure out if you want a DA or CTC, then I`d switch the sslyth to a lham and get a sybarite with or without a haywire grenade, so that you dont sacrifice your Warlord Trait and maybe go with a CAD or 2.

If youre going to run trueborn, id make use of them being able to take blasters and throw 2x Cannons and 3x Blasters, or just 4x blasters, and likely deep strike it.

Maybe try to free up some more points for another ravager or scourge squad, or both :p

Sorry for the rant, procrastination done did got the best of me! Let us know what you go with!
Back to top Go down
Sturmvogel
Slave
Sturmvogel

PostSubject: Re: Corpsethief Claw + Purge Coterie + CAD   Corpsethief Claw + Purge Coterie + CAD I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26 2016, 11:39

Allright, here we go again with a legal list (I hope)
Indeed, the formation I was thinking about was Corpsethief Claw.
Let's see your thoughts about it:

PURGE COTERIE FORMATION (I didn't know about this formation appeared in the Start Collecting Box which gives preferred enemy to one enemy unit of your choose while the Archon is alive)

- Archon w/ Shadow Field and Venom w/ 2 Splinter Cannons
- 5 x Kabalite Warriors and Venom w/ 2 Splinter Cannons
- Raider w/ Disintegrator Cannon
- 3 x Reavers w/1 Heat Lance

CORPSETHIEF CLAW FORMATION

- 5 Talos w/ Chain Flails and TL Splinter Cannons

COMBINED ARMS DETACHMENT

- Court of the Archon 3 Medusae and Venom w/ 2 Splinter Cannons
- 2 x 5 Kabalite Warriors and Venoms w/ 2 Splinter Cannons
- 6 x Reavers w/ 2 Cluster Caltrops
- 2 x 5 Scourges w/ 4 Haywire Blasters each
- Cronos w/ Spirit Probe

As far as I learned on my few games, Ravagers are not very cost/efficient as normally they only score one glancing per turn and they cost 125 pts each... maybe spending those points on Scourges will be a better idea to nuke an important tactical target even if they die afterwards.
Trueborns look good but you need to be very close to your target if you take them with Blasters and are quite expensive... mmm I'll think about their inclusion in a different list.
In this one I have a strong frontline unit (5 Talos and 1 Cronos with 4+ FNP), good poison saturation, so-so AV, and some templates against cover saves...
How would you improve it dudes? I don't like much the court of the archon with 3 Medusae but they might be useful against some oponents...
Back to top Go down
Rewind
Kabalite Warrior
Rewind

PostSubject: Re: Corpsethief Claw + Purge Coterie + CAD   Corpsethief Claw + Purge Coterie + CAD I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26 2016, 13:06

Hi, my list is theory craft, as I don't have to models to run it myself, but, as a non-lover of the PC formation, I would suggest the following:

Kabal of Theoryhammer (1784)

DE CAD (1079)
Succubus, Glaive (95) Joins Grots. in Raider
4 x 5 Warriors, Cannon Venoms (420)
3 x 3 Reavers, CC (189)
3 x Triple Lance Ravagers
HC Grotesquerie (390)
Haemonculus
2 x 3 Grots, Raiders
HC Dark Artisan (315)
Haemonculus
Chronos, Spirit Probe
Talos

List only has basic upgrades, Glaive & Spirit Probe, so you have 66 points for flavour.

It's a pretty standard tactic I think, place the DA between the Grots for the buff.

Warriors & Venoms for Ob-Sec

Ravagers & Reavers for AT

It does have 3 HQ's which is kinda 'meh' but if you have the models to field it in a non-competitive setting, I'd think you stand a chance of a good game Smile

Last edited by Rewind on Tue Jul 26 2016, 13:13; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Went mad!)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Corpsethief Claw + Purge Coterie + CAD   Corpsethief Claw + Purge Coterie + CAD I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Corpsethief Claw + Purge Coterie + CAD
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: