THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Being Tank Shocked from Reserved Outflanking Tank

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
flakmonkey
Sybarite
flakmonkey

Being Tank Shocked from Reserved Outflanking Tank Empty
PostSubject: Being Tank Shocked from Reserved Outflanking Tank   Being Tank Shocked from Reserved Outflanking Tank I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03 2016, 20:27

So this happened to be the other day, had a unit very close to board edge, my opponent had an outflanking Rhino. He declared a Tank Shock and kind of just put his rhino on top of my unit.
Did the Death or Glory thing, passed Ld test, hit and stripped hull point, but still lost the immobile gun platform and crew had to move out of the way.
I think this is more or less right.

My questions are
-Does a unit have to be fully on the board before it can Tank Shock?
-Is there any way to prevent it happening? Anything that prevents outflanking etc

Cheers

"Whereas the duty of the Imperial Commander is either to seize or defend territory, the Dark Eldar make war only to steal. If, as a by-product of this, the are able to indulge their vile passion for murder, torture and other decadent acts, then they will joyfully do so, but this is not their primary goal"

Last edited by flakmonkey on Thu Aug 04 2016, 11:38; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Being Tank Shocked from Reserved Outflanking Tank   Being Tank Shocked from Reserved Outflanking Tank I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04 2016, 10:46

I regret to say there is a specific paragraph for this:

Quote :
TANK SHOCK FROM RESERVE
A Tank that moves onto the Battlefield from Reserve may attempt a Tank Shock. This must be declared before the Tank moves onto the board.

Unfortunately there is no way to prevent Outflank. The closest thing would be Interceptor, but this would only allow a retaliation at the end of the movement phase. It wouldn;t stop the tank from coming on or performing its Tank Shock.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
flakmonkey
Sybarite
flakmonkey

PostSubject: Re: Being Tank Shocked from Reserved Outflanking Tank   Being Tank Shocked from Reserved Outflanking Tank I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04 2016, 11:42

Squidmaster wrote:
I regret to say there is a specific paragraph for this:

Quote :
TANK SHOCK FROM RESERVE
A Tank that moves onto the Battlefield from Reserve may attempt a Tank Shock. This must be declared before the Tank moves onto the board.

Unfortunately there is no way to prevent Outflank. The closest thing would be Interceptor, but this would only allow a retaliation at the end of the movement phase. It wouldn;t stop the tank from coming on or performing its Tank Shock.

Yeah, I didn't think there was. I was just hoping for some Commorragh-cunning I guess.
I'll just have to be more cautious with my initial deployment and leave someone capable of hurting Tanks with the platform.

"Whereas the duty of the Imperial Commander is either to seize or defend territory, the Dark Eldar make war only to steal. If, as a by-product of this, the are able to indulge their vile passion for murder, torture and other decadent acts, then they will joyfully do so, but this is not their primary goal"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Being Tank Shocked from Reserved Outflanking Tank   Being Tank Shocked from Reserved Outflanking Tank I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Being Tank Shocked from Reserved Outflanking Tank
Page 1 of 1