THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread!

Go down 
+8
Ynneadwraith
Rhivan
BetrayTheWorld
Myca
Count Adhemar
The Red King
Skari
fisheyes
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread! Empty
PostSubject: Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread!   Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21 2016, 21:24

Fisheyes, Rhivan, Cavash and myself thought it might be fun if we set up a sort of inter-kabal competition/rivalry/fluff-interaction/thing and we were wondering if anyone else wanted to join Smile

The game is simple.

During Realspace Raids, keep a track of the units you destroy. These captives are dragged kicking and screaming to the depths of Commorragh Smile We've come up with a simple system/game to keep a track of your kabal's various successes, and add some tactics into the league table.

The story begins with your Archon requisitioning his army from the friendly neighbourhood Haemonculus. For every unit in your army, add 1 Slave Point to your tally. You'll have 3 Realspace Raids to pay this back to the Haemonculus or face the consequences!

But how do I do this?! You ask...

That's where “Fisheyes Slave Trade System v3.0 TM” comes in:

Spoiler:

Each season will last for 3 months, the current season is January-March 17. After which we'll tot up the scores and assassinate the winner as per Dark Eldar tradition (what? You thought you'd get a medal? This is the Dark City we're talking about...)

But what if I don't have an army to play with yet?! I hear you cry...

Well, you can also progress in the rankings through Painting & Modelling. For every unit that you finish (painted and based), you get 1 SP! Monstrous Creatures and vehicles are worth 3 SPs.

Also, if you complete your Monthly Vow you'll net yourself 3 SP and purple text!

The kabal with the largest quantity of Slaves wins!

So, without further delay, let the games begin!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Onto the league table!

After a brief hiatus following the chaos unleashed during of the Gathering Storm, Commorragh has begun raiding again. In a display of defiance, new raiding parties step into the warzone erupting in realspace, spearheaded by the forces of the infamous Archon known only as 'The Goat' Wink

1. Kabal of the Bleeding Hand (The Red King) - 86 SP / 4 games
2. Kabal of the Nightsworn (Rhivan) - 77 SP / 5 games
3. Kabal of the Bladed Lotus (Jimsolo) - 52 SP / 2 games
4. The Goat - 14 SP / 2 games
5. Coven of Gilded Mirth (Fisheyes) - 12 SP / 2 games
=6. Vykos' Blood Dolls (Myca)/Kabal of the Whipcrown (Ynneadwraith) - 6SP / 0 games

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon

Last edited by Ynneadwraith on Mon Apr 24 2017, 13:24; edited 14 times in total
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread!   Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22 2016, 13:14

First Realspace Raid in this years Slave Games:

http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14675-2k-slave-games-csm-vs-de-necron

The forces of Chaos had awakened a sleeping Necron presence. Using this perfect distraction, the Coven of the Gilded Mirth sought out some prime specimens of the warp tainted Mon-Keigh.

Cost of Raid = 8 SP

Total Slave Points Gained:
Bike Squad #1 – 2 SP (shooting)
Bike Squad #2 – 2 SP (shooting)
Tactical Marines (10 total) – 10 SP (CC)
1 Maulerfiend – 1 SP (shooting, but finished off by the Necrons)
Spawn – 1 SP (CC)
Total – 16 SP

Losses:
1 (5) warrior squad
1 (3) Grot squad
1 (1) medusa
2 raiders (from the Grots)
Total – 3 units lost (3 SP)

Leaving the Coven with a net profit of 5 SP. Due to this small number, the Coven will retain all 16 SP gained to be used on the next Realspace Raid. However, the initial investment by their shadowy benefactors have yet to be repaid. Only 2 more raids before some "unpleasantness" appears from the depths...
Back to top Go down
Skari
Wych
Skari

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread!   Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22 2016, 23:11

I like this! Cool idea.

The Kabal of The Deadly Mist awaits its next realspace raid. The feast will be grand!

Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
http://patreon.com/skaredcast
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread!   Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23 2016, 11:27

Perhaps the Kabal of The Bleeding Hand will finally get painted off this. I'll assume this is a thread for posting after action reports and not questions.

Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread!   Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23 2016, 12:22

Glad to hear people like the idea Smile

Although this thread will probably be mostly action reports, please feel free to ask questions and post feedback Smile we envisaged this as something that would evolve as we trialed it out.

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread!   Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23 2016, 13:41

Well I'm curious, if you start with a list do you have to pay at least 3 games with the same list? Since it would affect your SP debt to change forces.

Further, I don't intend to game the system but what constitutes a painted squad? Surely people who run raider gunboats won't have to paint double a venom squad for the same points?

Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread!   Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 24 2016, 01:35

Hmmm, hadn't thought about that one. I suppose the best way of doing it is you have to keep borrowing from the Haemis for each new unit you purchase...

I had the same thought with painting. I'm thinking it would be better to get 1 SP per model painted, with the bigger gribblies gaining 3 SP.

It takes me long enough to paint things that I'd say it's balanced against games!

Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread!   Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 24 2016, 01:37

Well do you refund points for the units you take out of your list?

Maybe it would just be easier to lock in one list for every 3 games?

Sybarite
Rhivan

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread!   Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 24 2016, 04:26

I think refunding would be a decent idea but then again we're the Dark Eldar I wouldn't be surprised if we're cheap.

Anyways the Kabal of the Nightsworn are going to have a lucky hall new years as my store is doing an Apocalypse game to celebrate the new year Twisted Evil

Oh did we agree to add conversions on there with painting?

Anyway I look forward for everyone's participation in the first annual slave games for the Dark City! I know I may be a bit late to comment on this but "Let the Games...Begin!"

The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread!   Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02 2017, 23:29

Quick questions again. I may have missed it but are superheavies the same cost as any unit? I killed a renegade knight today and want to know.

Second, is that accurate up there? Shooting deaths are worth more than CC??

Lastly, if your opponent calls the game due to time or simply because he doesn't think he can win (i.e surrenders) how do you tally points? For instance I played 2 games today and due to a crushing game 2 my opponent called it on turn 2 whereas my first game was 3 turns and he had to go to work.

So do I only have 1 game left to score? Maybe we should make the loan for 15 turns (the equivalent of 3 full games) or should we consider all surrender games to be a full capture/table, for say 1 point a unit?

I'm just not the kind of guy to force my opponent to keep playing when he's lost.

Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread!   Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02 2017, 23:58

Ultimately, superheavies are worth just the single SP. However, we'd envisaged a sort of 'auction' mechanic where you can bring any particularly impressive captives and we'd offer an increased price for them. I'd say a superheavy would be worth quite a bit!

CC is worth more than shooting because it's scored per model, whereas shooting is 2 per unit Smile

I'd definitely like to avoid dragging out games just to get points! I like the idea of a surrender meaning a full table capture (1SP per unit). Fits the DE fluff quite nicely. Fairly certain surrender to the True Kin would result in wholesale capture Smile

Back to top Go down
Rhivan
Sybarite
Rhivan

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread!   Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03 2017, 03:23

The Red King wrote:
Second, is that accurate up there? Shooting deaths are worth more than CC??
So I'll answer this first, CC is per individual kill, while shooting is per unit killed. So grots slaughtering guardsman 10 in CC will be far more profitable then Kabalites shooting said guardsman. 10 > 2 Razz (Sorry if I didn't communicate the tone well but I'm trying for a joking manner here. I don't wanna seem like a jerk on the internet Razz )

Ynneadwraith wrote:
Ultimately, superheavies are worth just the single SP
I'm of mind we should make them with at MINIMUM the same as an HQ I mean... a Titan, Knight, or Baneblade is an achievement and should be worth SOMETHING.

Ynneadwraith wrote:
surrender meaning a full table capture (1SP per unit). Fits the DE fluff quite nicely.

And finally to close up
Ynneadwraith wrote:
However, we'd envisaged a sort of 'auction' mechanic where you can bring any particularly impressive captives and we'd offer an increased price for them. I'd say a superheavy would be worth quite a bit!
I've said this repeatedly but I don't understand the auction mechanic. I mean we give no incentive to it (If we did the renown system that we talked about on the original forum for this here then I'd see the incentive but right now it seems like a way to hope someone will waste SP for no reason... Unless we all just agree on what it's worth and he gets that much which would be simple and nice (But at the same time I could see that one guy in the corner saying everything but what he killed was worthless... Very Dark Eldary really). But if someone loses SP to give it to the auctioneer then this mechanic will be ignored probably.

Anyway hope this helps!

Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread!   Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03 2017, 10:32

You know, I think you might be right about the auction thing Wink Seems like an additional layer of complexity that's not quite worked through.

If it's ok with everyone else, I'll act as a sort of 'banker' for that. Let me know the most impressive thing you've killed each game and I'll think up a suitable price for the arenas to pay for it Smile

Oh, and congrats on killing a superheavy and forcing a surrender btw!

Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread!   Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03 2017, 10:34

Thank you. A string of lucky 6's coat it 4 hull points in CC before the blasterborn finished it off. After it murdered the wraithseer it was fighting lol.

Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread!   Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04 2017, 12:39

Glad to see this progressing a bit. I also ran into a game where the other guy surrendered at the bottom of Turn 2, and was not sure how to play that off.

Does another brave Archon wish to post a BatRep and get some Slaves?
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread!   Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04 2017, 12:39

I will be posting both of mine in a few hours.

Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread!   Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04 2017, 12:54

I've added a note in the Monthly Vow for January that successful vows get 3 Slave Points and have linked to this post - Count Adhemar

The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread!   Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05 2017, 08:08

Well Mr sandman conspired to make me a liar after an 11 hour nap....

I wanted to post this from a computer but I'll just have to use my phone. So please bear with me.

RAID 1 vs. Chaos Marines

My list (unchanged for each game)

Dark artisan formation

Lord of the undying host (constructs of Khaine's wrath)
- wraithseer w/D cannon
-5 wraith blades

Dark eldar CAD

Archon w/huskblade, soultrap, shadowfield, AoM
Court of the Archon w/6 ssylth
Raider

2× 5 true born w/4 blasters
2×Venom w/ dual SC
2× 5 warriors
2× venom w/dual SC
Imperial bastion w/comms relay and escape hatch (in the process of getting converted)

Chaos list
Chaos sorc in termie armor
DP W/ wings
5 chaos terminators
2× 10 chaos marines w/special weapons
7 raptors w/2 flamers
1 chaos predator
1 obliterator
1 renegade knight w/ D Sword, battle cannon, stormspear missiles.

He won the roll off to go first and gave it to me. Hammer and anvil deployment, night fight.

I deployed the wraith blades in the bastion. The 2 troop venom on objectives. The wraithseer to the right and my archons raider center. Blasters in reserve.

He deployed his sorc and termies into a tall building (having rolled worldwrithe to move terrain). His raptors nearby. His knight central and a rhino on both sides. His predator was to my right and his obliterator to my left.

My turn 1 saw very little happen. I shuffled forward and poured all my venom fire into his lone obliterator to eventually get first blood. My blades stayed in the building for fear of the battle cannon. My seer fired his D blast at the knight whose shield promptly saved it.

His turn 1. He moves everything forward and unloaded 1 marine unit on an objective but his shooting takes a hull point from my raider thanks to some lucky cover saves. His battle cannon went wide and hit my bastion which... dodged? On a 6 thanks to night fighting.

He then loads his raptors into the same ruin his terminators are in and throws it almost on top of my seer. I love this power honestly.

He then charged my seer with his terminators and whiffed every wound roll thanks to tough 8. The seer cuts down 2 in CC. They fail leadership and are run down. How do terminators run in that armor? How does a wraithlord run at all? Who knows. Slay the warlord to me. Many laughs to both.

My turn 2 you will see I was not to be outdone on bad assaults.

I roll all of my reserves to come in (though I completely forget to bring on my blasters to my dismay).

My artisan lands near the newly placed building since it brought an objective with it to put 3 in almost the same place. My wraithseer moves towards his knight. The blades jump out midfield and my archon prepares to murder his marines. My D shot takes a single hull point from his knight. My artisan kills 3 raptors and my otherwise shooting is poison with no taggers except the doomed marine squad and I don't want to fail the charge as they are in terrain on a grav generator. His remaining raptors fail leadership and run. Killing another of their number in dangerous terrain.

I successfully charge both the knight and marines. My archon lands 5 of 6 hits and fails to get a single wound.... his sergeant swings back with a maul. Gets 1 wound through and I roll a 1... instant death. No saves. There goes my warlord... sigh. My ssylth throw 30 strength 5 attacks into him and kill.... not1 marine. Now having lost combat with leadership 3 I run. And get swept.... oh... my....

The wraithseer lands 1 single hit on the knight and a string of lucky 6's take 4 hp from it. It then gets a single hit in return with his D Sword and.... 6. Wraithseer down.

Oh boy... charges didn't work for anyone this game.

His turn 2 the prince shows up flying. He unloads his other marines near my artisan. His raptors continue falling back killing another 1 with dangerous terrain. Shooting kills 1 blade, and wrecks my raider with glances. He attempts a long charge into my venom with his knight and fails. His prince successfully buffs himself and debuffs my blades but fails his attack sorrel.

My turn 3. Blasters show up in 2 arcs on his knight. Artisan moves up on the marines who had tried to capture the objective he threw down field. My blades move for a long charge on the marines and my venom shuffle. I fire mostly into the squad on my right so as not to put my blades out of charge range and kill a few.

My artisan charges his marines and the haemy takes 2 wounds in the challenge but kills the sergeant and another marine. The rest of combat goes poorly but I win by enough to get the leadership check. He fails and gets run down. Not a good day.

The blades decide to charge the rhino next to them instead of the long charge marines and blow it up. Killing 2 of the marines anyways.

My blasters manage to strip the last hp from the knight whose blows up impotently scattering away from my army.

Bottom of 3 his predator shuffles. His prince jumps backwards for an objective and his marines move towards my blades to perform the last disastrous charge of the game. His minimal remaining shots do little and he charges my blades. Losing combat. Failing lead and getting swept.. oh my.

He then surrenders due to time.

I don't want to talk about this game. After spending many a point on regrowing many an HQ I still come out ahead thanks to multiple CC victories.

Game 2 incoming.

Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread!   Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05 2017, 11:15

Nice batrep! Shame about your Archon, but your Wraithseer was on form (even if it did get splatted by a D weapon in the end).

Once your second one's up if you tot up your score I'll get the league table rolling Smile

Oh, and thanks Count Adhemar! Just in time for my first monthly vow Wink

Back to top Go down
Myca
Hellion
Myca

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread!   Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05 2017, 12:24

This sounds like an utter blast.
Count on some gloating from Viscount Vykos and his/her Blood Dolls.

The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread!   Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05 2017, 13:21

I actually have my total but I needed a concrete answer on how we are handling surrenders.

Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread!   Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05 2017, 13:51

The Red King wrote:
I actually have my total but I needed a concrete answer on how we are handling surrenders.

Gotcha. Lets go with 1SP per enemy unit still remaining at point of surrender. Easy to count, plus you benefit from not losing out of any points from your units dying meaning you'll probably come out ahead as opposed to playing through.

Myca wrote:
This sounds like an utter blast.
Count on some gloating from Viscount Vykos and his/her Blood Dolls.

Glad you like it Smile welcome aboard!

Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread!   Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05 2017, 18:56

Just posted second Slave Raid

http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14748-1500-slave-games-csm-vs-de#171441

Accounting Time!
18 SP – Previous Raid Profit
4 SP – This Raid Profit
-10 SP - Initial Loan
12 SP – Total worth of the Coven of the Gilded Mirth

This seems like as good a time as ever to repay that 10 SP loan. With 12 SP in the bank, the Coven of the Gilded Mirth should be able to replenish losses from this raid to do the final Raid this season.
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread!   Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06 2017, 09:29

Okay. Finally time to post that second report.

My list was unchanged.

My opponent fielded some impressively painted orks. Especially considering the numbers.

His list

Big mek w/shokk attack gun
Battle wagon with 6 mega nobz (kitted out)
2×12 boyz w/nob rokkit launcher
2× orks trukk
2× 20? Boyz w/non and 2 special weapons.
6 killa kans
1 deff dred

So since my opponent conceded at top of 3 I will summarize. His turns were spent moving forward and taking pot shots which eventually wrecked my raider. My turns were spent backing up and firing for fear of CC with those kans.

He conceded at the top of 3 when my blasterborn blew up his wagon.

Other Casualties included both trukks and 3 units of boyz to shooting.

My final between 2 games (including regeneration costs for my multiple lost hq's and their ride and the tally of units captured after surrender is 33 points with an initial buy in of 15.

Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread!   Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06 2017, 10:24

Stickied - Count Adhemar

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread!   Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread!
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next