THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Needing advise with my painting scheme

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
hoid
Slave
hoid

Needing advise with my painting scheme Empty
PostSubject: Needing advise with my painting scheme   Needing advise with my painting scheme I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03 2017, 00:38

Hey guys Im having trouble with my color scheme with my dark eldar. I need something to make it more "fun", Im not the greatest painter nor have I a good eye for choosing colours that match well.
So I  figured Id ask you guys.

Needing advise with my painting scheme Lekg9k10
Needing advise with my painting scheme Pm8aie10

Last edited by hoid on Tue Jan 03 2017, 13:03; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Needing advise with my painting scheme   Needing advise with my painting scheme I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03 2017, 11:08

I'd love to help but the pics aren't showing up for me :S anyone else?

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
hoid
Slave
hoid

PostSubject: Re: Needing advise with my painting scheme   Needing advise with my painting scheme I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03 2017, 13:04

For some reason it didnt work with chrome fixed it now tho.
I was thinking of maybe changing the red to a dark purple.
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Needing advise with my painting scheme   Needing advise with my painting scheme I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03 2017, 22:35

I like the colours myself, especially the brass on the dagger. I wouldn't go to purple for the tabard if you've got blue for the armour. Not sure I've seen strong blues and strong purples work well together before (although I'm sure someone will prove me wrong!).

One of the things that has changed my opinion of my models from 'yeah that's kinda cool' to 'you know what, I really like this one' is investing in some washes for easy shading.

I don't know what the name is, but if Citadel do a dark blue wash (maybe Asurmen Blue?) then painting a middling-to-light layer of that over the armour plates would shade them nicely, add in some nuance to the bright blue edges and give the whole thing a bit of a blue tint to it.

Then, you've got the red tabard as a nice splash of contrast Smile

Oh, and I've found brown washes compliment reds nicely.

If you want an extra bit of pizzazz to your washes, I've mixed in a good few drops of clear gloss straight into the pot which gives them quite a nice finish in person, but not quite as glassy as a full gloss coat Smile

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Needing advise with my painting scheme   Needing advise with my painting scheme I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Needing advise with my painting scheme
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: