THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Painting Scheme Help wanted

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
opheliate
Hellion

Painting Scheme Help wanted Empty
PostSubject: Painting Scheme Help wanted   Painting Scheme Help wanted I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17 2011, 07:23

Hi everyone. Im new here so bear with me Smile

Me and some friends has decided to make a Desert themed campaign, and I wanted my Dark Eldar to fit the setting. As such, I am inspired by movies and games such as Mad Max and Fallout, and I will make my DE like Post-apocalyptic raiders (sorta).

What I wondered was if any of you know of any DE with rusty armor or something that would fit this theme? I will start painting them soon, but I feel I must have a clear vision of how it will look before I begin.

I imagine makeshift armor and a lot of rust. Raiders with tattered sails and a battered prow. You get it. Anyone can offer some help here?
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Painting Scheme Help wanted   Painting Scheme Help wanted I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17 2011, 07:37

https://thedarkcity.forummotion.com/t552p40-the-black-halo#8230

This is one nice "Desert Camo" Venom with nice "tribal" design on it, may be exactly what You seek. Or at least good inspiration.
Back to top Go down
speedfreek
Sybarite
speedfreek

PostSubject: Re: Painting Scheme Help wanted   Painting Scheme Help wanted I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17 2011, 07:39

Some inspiration of quite a different kind.
He has a tutorial on salt-spray-weathering somewhere in there as well.

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/378881.page
Back to top Go down
opheliate
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Painting Scheme Help wanted   Painting Scheme Help wanted I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17 2011, 07:46

Thanks guys.

A mix of the both should be what im looking for. The colour scheme of the first one and the weathered look of the second one.

Ill be sure to post some of my work as soon as I get the chance Smile
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Painting Scheme Help wanted   Painting Scheme Help wanted I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17 2011, 08:09

Just in case You don't know salt technique
http://massivevoodoo.blogspot.com/2011/02/tutorial-weathering-with-salt.html

It designed to work for airbrushes but can be used with spray cans too.
Back to top Go down
opheliate
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Painting Scheme Help wanted   Painting Scheme Help wanted I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17 2011, 08:12

Oh, cool, thanks a lot, ill definitely try to use that technique (emphasis on TRY) Smile
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Painting Scheme Help wanted   Painting Scheme Help wanted I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17 2011, 09:52

If I can give You advice from my experience (learnin' the hard way, hur...), try to not laquer salt. Spray *paint* is ok, spray laquer (even colorful) is not. Gonna stick and You would have REAL problem with getting salt off...

I also would like to try with sand - same thing like salt except it does NOT dilute with water. Salt may make weird things with paint actually.
Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Painting Scheme Help wanted   Painting Scheme Help wanted I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17 2011, 10:29

Hopefully not a repost, sorry if it is:

Painting Scheme Help wanted M1520766a_2010-11-25_07_370x278

Not mine, found it while surfing...
Back to top Go down
opheliate
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Painting Scheme Help wanted   Painting Scheme Help wanted I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18 2011, 07:11

Awesome Smile

I was actually thinking of having more rust, and also modelling on some "spare plates" to give it a more "ramshackle" look. Sorta as if its built with parts form other vehicles.

Anyone know how to make tires? Like, jeep tires, hanging from the sides or something???

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Painting Scheme Help wanted   Painting Scheme Help wanted I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Painting Scheme Help wanted
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: