THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

First Game with DE

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mattblowers
Kabalite Warrior
mattblowers

First Game with DE Empty
PostSubject: First Game with DE   First Game with DE I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10 2017, 13:22

Had my first game with DE last night. Finally had enough models put together to play a decent game last night. I only have 6 units of reavers built so far so I took 4 venoms (2 kabalite troops, 1 trueborn, and 1 with lhamean) and grotesquerie formation. To fill out the points, I also took a Masque detachment so I had about half my army I was familiar with. He took his new Tzentch marines.

We called it on turn 2. I would have tabled him on turn 3. I took out half a rubric squad and Magnus on turn one. All that poison was the bane of Magnus. I can't believe he's 650 points and only a flying monstrous creature. The amount of fire power this army can put out is incredible. I can see this armies weaknesses, but when things go well they are terrifying! Best part is they don't really see it coming because it's Dark Eldar. WIth Tyranids everyone knows flyrants are scary. People don't really know what to fear with DE and struggle with target priority. What made it feel even better is that he is a seasoned tournament player, he just wanted to take his new Tzeentch toys for a spin. Tzeentch still has the same problem: WAY too expensive.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

First Game with DE Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Game with DE   First Game with DE I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10 2017, 14:10

Congratulations on your first game and first win. I'm surprised Magnus went down so easily. If I was going 2nd against your army and couldn't hide him out of LOS then I'd have kept him off the table. He really needs to be Swooping to survive.

mattblowers
Kabalite Warrior
mattblowers

First Game with DE Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Game with DE   First Game with DE I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10 2017, 15:14

Yeah, I don't think Magnus is hiding on too many tables now that the 25% rule is needed for MCs. To be fair with the Harlequine allies I put out 105 splinter cannon and shurriken cannon shots on turn 1. That's an amazing amount of firepower. Just for giggles, I had a Starweaver with 5 Deathjesters: that's 15 S:6 shots with rend-lite hitting on 2s.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

First Game with DE Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Game with DE   First Game with DE I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10 2017, 16:08

Wow, i guess Magnus doesnt have a 2+ save, or re-rollables?

How did the trueborn hold up in this game? Were they blasterborn?
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

First Game with DE Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Game with DE   First Game with DE I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10 2017, 16:34

I think his native save is 4++, (re-rolling 1's) but it's fairly easy to get that to 3++ (re-rolling 1's) IF you get first turn (basically cast any Blessing on him). I guess @mattblowers got first turn and blew him away.

aurynn
Incubi

First Game with DE Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Game with DE   First Game with DE I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10 2017, 18:38

Congrats on the win!
+1 on the hiding of Magnus. :-) He really needs to be in the air. 100 shots would just scratch him. However Dark Eldar are probably the best army against Thousand Sons, Magnus notwithstanding as they dont care squat about saves. I am actually very surprised how well we are doing against some of the newest additions.
Back to top Go down
mattblowers
Kabalite Warrior
mattblowers

First Game with DE Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Game with DE   First Game with DE I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10 2017, 19:41

@fisheyes my true born took 3 blasters and 2 splintercannons. It was 2 blaster shots that finally killed magnus. The funnest moment was 5 deathjesters in a Starweaver. That's 21 shuriken cannon shots from a little boat. I don't think it's competitive, but when I picked up 15 dice for the jesters and 6 for starweaver he got a bit bug eyed. Win or lose, those are the moments why I play armies considered 'bad'.

Last edited by mattblowers on Tue Jan 10 2017, 20:19; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

First Game with DE Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Game with DE   First Game with DE I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10 2017, 20:09

mattblowers wrote:
I don't think it's competitive, but when I picked up 15 dice for the jesters and 6 for starweaver he got a bit bug eyed. Win or lose, those are the moments I play armies considered 'bad'.
I like your style! :-)
Back to top Go down
Imateria
Wych
Imateria

First Game with DE Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Game with DE   First Game with DE I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11 2017, 17:37

mattblowers wrote:
Yeah, I don't think Magnus is hiding on too many tables now that the 25% rule is needed for MCs. To be fair with the Harlequine allies I put out 105 splinter cannon and shurriken cannon shots on turn 1. That's an amazing amount of firepower. Just for giggles, I had a Starweaver with 5 Deathjesters: that's 15 S:6 shots with rend-lite hitting on 2s.
Thats almost as bad as my corsairs army (120 poison shots turn 1, all at 36" range and with half the army in reserve)!

Nice job against Magnus, once he gets his Psychic powers going he can be rather tough.

Interesting though, with 5 Jesters I'd imagine the Bio Corrosive rounds would be decent for some anti horde shooting as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

First Game with DE Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Game with DE   First Game with DE I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First Game with DE
Page 1 of 1