THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

how do we beat flamers?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
sumguy777
Kabalite Warrior
sumguy777

how do we beat flamers? Empty
PostSubject: how do we beat flamers?   how do we beat flamers? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20 2017, 05:33

ok so i got a chance to play tonight at the local shop. and one game was against an eldar list with litterly everything except a gargantian monstar had a flamer. while i had 2 units of jet bikes, scouges, a bunch of raiders, and the grotesquerie formation. how to i beat these? is the list just set up to detroy me?
Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: how do we beat flamers?   how do we beat flamers? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20 2017, 06:07

Basically yes. That list sounds like it was tailored against you. Against list like that I would field Vehicle spam. As little infantry as possible and if any, it will be grotesquerie. Or Grotesquerie spam. We can take Venoms as FA. :-) A flyer or four. Blackheart Talon formation, Grotesquerie and CAD with minimal HQ and Troops, Ravagers in HA and Venoms in FA. Or dont bother with grotesquerie. Just RSR and spam Ravagers and Venoms. :-)
Back to top Go down
stevethedestroyeofworlds
Kabalite Warrior
stevethedestroyeofworlds

PostSubject: Re: how do we beat flamers?   how do we beat flamers? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20 2017, 07:55

A CTC could deal with flamers pretty easily by virtue of just being hard to kill

Kabalite Warrior
sumguy777

PostSubject: Re: how do we beat flamers?   how do we beat flamers? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20 2017, 09:53

ok i mean it seemed like it was pretty good against me. despite this i some how i managed to win though lol Smile. i guess playing to the mission has its advantages. so if a list has just a few flamers/template weapons i should try to use the grotesques to take them out? i just kinda avoided everyhting and shoved everything on one side of the board and shot to hell some of one guy at a time. he wasnt very fast so we played cat and mouse most of the game. ps i dont have any venoms would radier spam work just as well?
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: how do we beat flamers?   how do we beat flamers? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20 2017, 10:47

If they're armed with Dissies then 3 S5 AP3 shots per boat would put a decent amount of hurt onto a Marine player Smile

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
sumguy777
Kabalite Warrior
sumguy777

PostSubject: Re: how do we beat flamers?   how do we beat flamers? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20 2017, 11:19

is the goal to take them out first or avoid
Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: how do we beat flamers?   how do we beat flamers? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20 2017, 11:54

Depends on the mission actually. There are plenty options in the game. killing something and avoiding something in itself include quite a lot of things you can do.
Back to top Go down
MHaruspex
Kabalite Warrior
MHaruspex

PostSubject: Re: how do we beat flamers?   how do we beat flamers? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21 2017, 05:03

In terms of tactics, try to keep your distance. You can avoid flamer-bearing infantry easily enough if you need to.

If it's bikes with flamers or something of the like, good: they're paying extra points for the toughess there, and splinter weapons will thank for it.

MSU assault is a weird but viable answer too - each unit can only fire overwatch once per phase, and DE can really keep the minimum-sized Reaver squads coming.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how do we beat flamers?   how do we beat flamers? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

how do we beat flamers?
Page 1 of 1